Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals

I miss working here

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed everyday working for Colgate. It was a challenging and very rewarding experience. The lessons and knowledge I gained from working here has propelled my career and led to a comfortable salary. Very liberal with their time-off policy. We had almost every holiday off and 3 weeks paid vacation, with an option to purchase a 4th week. All within my first year with the company. Upper management was accessible and involved. An overall joy to work here.

Cons

It seemed impossible to fire someone. You might think this is a Pro, but when a person or group of people are always out sick and half assing their duties while they were working; yet HR would not authorize their termination due to fear of a lawsuit, we have a problem not being able to fire someone.

Tighten up the ship. Stop letting employees bend the rules and pushing their laziness to an extreme. Rid yourself of these parasites.

sales

I worked at Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training and great people. Good benefits

Cons

Very hard to move up in the company. Have to know the right people

Communication is key. Commucate with all who are involved and be up front and truthful

Colgate Palmolive is an excellent company to start your career with. They have well-respected products across the globe

Former Employee - Oral Care Consultant (Sales Representative )
    Former Employee - Oral Care Consultant (Sales Representative )

I worked at Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals

Pros

Most of management were experienced and compassionate.

Cons

The large territories made it difficult to reach all accounts. In most territories it was impossible to reach all accounts. All though accounts are rated by their level of importance to the business, the smaller accounts still wanted attention, and due to time constraints reps are unable to provide personalized customer service that some accounts were used to from other manufacturers.

Promote from with in...many reps left due to the fact that they were passed up for promotion by outside recruits...

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent corporate culture, great pay, outstanding benefits - a great place to work!

I have been working at Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

- good work-life balance
    - excellent compensation package
    - great product line
    - capable team members

Cons

This company has very high expectations. You need a very strong work ethic necessary - if you are a hard worker, you will be successful here.

Great division overall, it would be great to have more sales contests etc at sales conventions as well as uncapped commission to help drive sales and motivate the team.

Was once a great job

Current Employee - Oral Care Consultant

I have been working at Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company car, cell phone, DSL, gas card etc.

This was once a pretty decent gig. In the past couple of years it has become a complete nightmare. The micromanaging has come to an all time high.

Cons

Extrmely micromanaged and very low bonus/commissions for high performers; Tons of Administrative work with barely any time to complete it between making outrageous call goals and other outrageous metrics. Bonus structure makes no sense at all and is capped. The most a high perfromer over 100% can make is $1200 quarterly AFTER taxes. They have a survey company that calls your accounts which they claim is to evauate how your detailing expertise is - however accounts are reporting that the surveys are "checking" in on sales reps asking inappropriate questions. Unprofessional upper management and the customer service department is a joke. hey screw up all your orders.

STOP with the micromanaging and crazy outrageous call goal mettrics and Administrative duties. This is a simple job that they have turned into a complete nightmare. It's TOOTHPASTE folks! Not rocket science like you are making it out to be.

Mediocre w/ a lawsuit waiting to happen

I worked at Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals full-time

Pros

Salary
    Benefits
    Work life balance
    Employee interaction
    Travel

Cons

Extremely political!!! The environment is very "cliquish". Promotions are often based on who you know and who likes you rather than abilities. No career pathing resulting in postions being open for long periods of time. One would think that a fourtune 500 company would run like a well oiled machine. The company does not live up to thier expressed values of caring, teamwork, and continuous improvement. Ethics is non-existent. I'm really sad to have expreienced such behavior.

Mgt is out of touch and viewed as a joke and has not respect. HR works solely for the company instead of being a neutral party that listens to both sides. I'm really sad to have experienced such behavior.

Colgate Professional Division

Former Employee - Professional Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Professional Sales Representative

I worked at Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals

Pros

benefits, exclusivity, brand/company equity, high pay

Cons

micromanagement, long hours, high stress, unfair bonus structure

provide a better work life balance for employees, recognize sales growth

Worked for Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals? Contribute to the Community!