Colgate-Palmolive

Colgate-Palmolive Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Colgate-Palmolive Chairman, President, and CEO Ian M. Cook

Ian M. Cook

Pros
  • Good work-life balance, good management if you are paired with a good mentor(in 31 reviews)

• Great benefits and still has some great people there(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance was no good for me at all(in 12 reviews)

• very conservative; the decision making process is too long(in 12 reviews)

Nice place to work

Intern (Former Employee) Piscataway, NJ

ProsThey have great cafeteria in their facility. The people are very friendly and helpful. The area is a nice place to live in. They have a very nice work/life balance and have health days throughout the year. Also, have a store on site where you can buy discounted CP products

ConsI do not have any complaints about working there. Absolute great place to work and live. Saw a couple turkeys in the parking lot once though, kinda concerning.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have no advice. Business is doing well and everyone seemed qualified and competent.

A very caring company that has changed dramatically over the last years, turning to outsourcing jobs overseas.

Pros1) Good Pay 2) A very caring environment up to 2 years ago 3) Many career opportunities 4) Challenging Work

Cons1) Outsourcing functions overseas to India for substandard work 2) Reduction of NVOs to all time low-more work, less people. 3) Too focused on margin

Advice to Senior ManagementYou became successful because of the people that worked hard for you that you are now outsourcing.

Comfortable, family-oriented company. A little old fashioned.

Human Resources (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsExcellent benefits and pension program. Medical after retirement. Good succession planning in company. Family-oriented environment, many loyal employees (except maybe in Marketing function). Finally have work/life balance program. Caring company. Merits and bonus still implemented so far. Open-minded and GBLT friendly.

ConsOld fashioned. Cutting corners now in the wrong places. Only focus on high potentials and not so much the strong base and foundation of loyal employees lower on the totem pole, so few growth opportunities for them. Pay not necc competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow that you care more about the employees that keep the company well supported and running - they are loyal, but are often passed over for early level/mgt opportunities that now seem reserved only for hi-potentials/expats. Be less old-fashioned and trust your employees more.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

CP was incredible.

Flavor Department Co-Op (Former Employee) Piscataway, NJ

ProsFriendly, understanding atmosphere with down-to-earth coworkers! It was an excellent experience in the corporate world. Longevity possible, loyalty is very well rewarded. Wellness programs implemented company-wide.

ConsWell-managed, but the politics of a large company tend to leave employees who go the extra mile to be slightly under-appreciated.

Wonderful internship experience in IT.

GIT Intern (Current Employee) Morristown, NJ

ProsEveryone is very nice and looking to help. Great work environment.

ConsNothing negative to say about company

Good company to work for

ProsGreat Benefits, promotes a team environment, very focused on cost saving initiatives, good work / life balance, encourage telecommuting, very strong financial record

ConsDecision making process is sometimes slow, a lot of red tape in backfilling of positions, some areas of organization are too lean and need to add additional headcount to key areas, too many people are stagnant in one position too long

Co-op

Prosgives you room to excel and challenge yourself

ConsNot a very social atmosphere

Colgate

Research Analyst (Current Employee) Piscataway, NJ

ProsInnovative place, growth, salary/benefit/employee discounts are great, summer schedule (get off at 1pm on Fridays during the summer)

Conscorporate and rigid culture, always sizing down,

Intense experience

Business Applications Developer (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsColgate has excellent benefits and my personal experience has been one of rewarding professional development opportunities. I was able to complete my MBA during my first 2 years with the company. During a period of downsizing, I was given an opportunity to work in NJ. While it was a long commute, I at least continued to be employed.

ConsThe environment is pretty conservative, never really felt relaxed at work nor comfortable enough to share any problems I'd experience in the course of performing my role.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would want to say that an investment in a source of support for the employee as a person would be an added bonus to the great benefits.

It is a very good company to work for

Associate Manager (Current Employee) Topeka, KS

ProsGreat benefits and caring environment

ConsVery political and conservative conservative company. Old school, stodgy

Advice to Senior ManagementGive opportunities to the people to get the job done

Worked for Colgate-Palmolive? Contribute to the Community!