Collabera

Updated February 25, 2015
Updated February 25, 2015
3.3

Hiten Patel

Pros
  • Flexibility , Decent work life balance , Middle level Management is open to your opinions (in 10 reviews)

• Excellent work environment, good employee engagement , fun at work (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • compensation, favouratism, lack of projects, work life balance (in 5 reviews)

• very long working hours and less salary (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Ups and Downs

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Collabera full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This is a multicultural company which allows us to connect with all client or candidates on multiple levels. The office environment is laid back and there is room in the company for growth

Cons

I wish as a recruiter who has never done this before that they provided more training on how to recruit. When I was sent to new jersey for a week long training sessions. we only did 3 role plays. Most of it was spent sitting on a computer doing virtual learning. A lot of it was over the company its self too.

My office is great, they really encourage me to grow and come up with new approaches. They also make themselves very approachable so I am not afraid to come to them if I have any questions

Worst Experience

Former Employee - Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Collabera

Pros

Nothing. False promises and very bad attitude

Cons

No human values, Dishonesty and arrogance

You need to pay for all your deeds and activities

Beware ..... Bonded Labour ..Please avoid even if Visa is sponsored for "free"

I worked at Collabera

Pros

Have good client base.
    People "seem" to be professional

Cons

They start your process by saying "there is no bond or agreement". But your offer letter has got so many terms and conditions :
    1. You cannot leave company withing 18 - 24 months of employment else you pay penalty. In US there is nothing like a bond but you know people do not want to go to court.
    2. You have to give them 4 weeks notice or more else you pay penalty. In US the normal notice period is 1-2 weeks !!!
    3. You pay will be 60K or around that which is going to be stuck at same level for more than a year.
    4. Medical benefits are awful !

This is almost equivalent to Bonded Labour : " A person becomes a bonded labourer when their labour is demanded as a means of repayment for a loan. The person is then tricked or trapped into working for very little or no pay. The value of their work becomes invariably greater than the original sum of money borrowed."

You know a consultant in New York with 8+ years of experience can get offer of 100K after employers cut. Imagine you being placed there and stuck at 60K or so.

So avoid them even if they do not charge Sponsorship fee.

Not sure why DOL (Department of Labour) has not taken any action seeing their offer letter/appointment letter.

Be reasonable with your terms and conditions. People who come are software engineers not slaves.

Liars, cheats, and abusive towards employees

I worked at Collabera

Pros

The pay was fairly good, after they got their cut,

Cons

Management was never there, they did not care about their employees the clients we worked for treated their employees like absolute crap and they didn't care about anything except for getting more people so they could make more money

good company

I have been working at Collabera

Pros

good people and very understanding

Cons

there are none at all

Good company to work for.

I worked at Collabera

Pros

To find you a good project

Cons

Less Pay compared to other staffing agencies.

Pushy and doesn't really care

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Collabera as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They present some harder to find positions that perhaps you wouldn't find on your own.

Cons

The recruiters are pushy in trying to force you in a position you don't think is a good fit. Since a lot of the employees are from India, they don't understand American work culture and they drop off of the relationship once you are in the contract.

Please try to keep integrity.

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Collabera as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Money is good people are good. Nice place. Very helpful people before they place you and you become an employee of this company.

Cons

Promises everything before you start even in emails deliver nothing afterwards. Always manipulates and brings technicalities on what they promised. Before joining this company watch movies like wishmaster, wisher you will get an idea how you meant something before you joined and how it will mean something else after you joined with technicalities.

I don't have any advice I guess. Just try to preserve integrity on what you say and what you do.

Working with Collabera

Former Employee - Kinect UI in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Kinect UI in Redmond, WA

I worked at Collabera full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Really nice people that work hard for their employees.
    They give off a very professional and positive vibe.
    They give gifts to boost morale and to say thank you.

Cons

1. The difficult part is that I have a really hard time understanding any of the people I've talked to over the phone. It took me 4 months after I was told I had the job to actually start.
    2. I gave them what I thought were great 5 star reviews... shortly after, they stopped being so helpful. I was told when I called in to check if they had any more work. " We have a lot of new people...You will have to find work, we cannot help you" I wish I was lying... I'm not sure what happened.
    3. I feel that they like to keep people on contract so that they can keep business. Really don't see how a person would want to stay under contract work.
    4. They are competing with one another to get new referrals. they seemed more concern on whether or not the client was hiring any new people so they have places to put people. I just realized they have medium number of clients, with an extremely high volume of applicants. I even asked once what types of jobs they have. From my understanding, if you are in the mid-level, then you may have a hard time getting work through them. Especially if you aren't IT or a manager.
    5. My rep took more vacations than any person I've ever seen. Owners of most businesses never took this many vacations... She was never around.
    5. Insurance policy is terrible...

Please improve on the things I listed above. From what I'm reading in other reviews, most of the concerns. are the same.

Collabra is good, they helped me get a job

Current Contractor - Technical Support Specialist in Austin, TX
    Current Contractor - Technical Support Specialist in Austin, TX

I have been working at Collabera as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Have none yet but so far its good

Cons

I do not have any bad experience yet except the pay.

I currently need management to communicate more