Collabera Reviews

Working with Collabera

Former Employee - Kinect UI in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Kinect UI in Redmond, WA

I worked at Collabera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Really nice people that work hard for their employees. They give off a very professional and positive vibe. They give gifts to boost morale and to say thank you.

Cons

1. The difficult part is that I have a really hard time understanding any of the people I've talked to over the phone. It took me 4 months after I was told I had the job to actually start. 2. I gave them what I thought were great 5 star reviews... shortly after, they stopped being so helpful. I was told when I called in to check if they had any more work. " We have a lot of new people...You will have to find work, we cannot help you" I wish I was lying... I'm not sure what happened. 3. I feel that they like to keep people on contract so that they can keep business. Really don't see how a person would want to stay under contract work. 4. They are competing with one another to get new referrals. they seemed more concern on whether or not the client was hiring any new people so they have places to put people. I just realized they have medium number of clients, with an extremely high volume of applicants. I even asked once what types of jobs they have. From my understanding, if you are in the mid-level, then you may have a hard time getting work through them. Especially if you aren't IT or a manager. 5. My rep took more vacations than any person I've ever seen. Owners of most businesses never took this many vacations... She was never around. 5. Insurance policy is terrible...

Advice to Management

Please improve on the things I listed above. From what I'm reading in other reviews, most of the concerns. are the same.

2. Commercial Underwriter

I worked at Collabera full-time

Pros

different and new experience in the banking industry for commercial loan underwriter job

Cons

new place with different associates

3. A middle tier consulting company

Former Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Collabera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people that maintain relations with their consultants

Cons

Does not pay its employee well.

Advice to Management

Get higher end projects and pay the consultants well :-)

Horrible

Pros

There a no pros. Awful company to work for absolute hate it with a passsion. Do not reccomend wastibg time

Cons

Language barrier with recruiters No offfice No benefits No help No warning when you re not performing well. Absolute messs

6. An employer that actually listens to employees

Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Staffing in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant, Staffing in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Collabera full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with this organization for over 7 years now. Collabera as a company is very flexible and open for being a $500M+ company. There are a lot of opportunities to grow personally as well as professionally. The leadership has great vision of where they want to take the company and there are huge opportunities for internal growth.

Cons

I have yet to come across something that you would not find in other growing companies. In fact, I have seen that any valid feedback and suggestions are quickly implemented.

Advice to Management

Kudos to the senior management for keeping up the focus and driving the company to greater heights. Continue to be the number 1 in all you guys do.

Good Experience

I worked at Collabera full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was treated well. I was on a project

Cons

Since I was a vendor with them, there was a cut in my salary

8. Its amazing and learnt a lot

Pros

very professional environment, supportive, good benefits

Cons

nothing I can think about

DO NOT EVER THINK OF WORKING WITH COLLABERA

I worked at Collabera full-time

Pros

I found out that there is nothing good about them after joining. Had to leave even without finding a new job.

Cons

The upper management sucks. They are only concerned with numbers and reports. One hand does not know what the other hand is doing. Very heavy politics - there is a constant internal struggle within the management that they will throw you under the running train just to save their face. You will be set-up for failure right from day one. It's just work & work for them. You are EXPECTED to work at nights after leaving the office, you are EXPECTED to work weekends. Basically they just want you to work 24/7. They offer HORRIBLE benefits and their contribution is peanuts. Simple advise - stay away.

Ok for a body shop if you don't need assistance.

Current Employee - IT Services Manager
    Current Employee - IT Services Manager

I have been working at Collabera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have no clue about their placement services as I brought the opportunity to them so I would have an agency to work though. They pretty much leave you alone except for an occasional check in.

Cons

Poor language skills of staff. No direct deposit of expense reimbursement. Bad insurance. (You pay full cost too) No 401k match

Advice to Management

Get language training for your staff. Get better insurance. Since you don't contribute to it, it won't cost you anything. Direct deposit expenses! Between your delays and the bank 5 day hold on large checks, I am financing my travel expense for my client. This is another function that would have no over VERY low cost to you, but benefit your staff who travel for their jobs. More training opportunities would be helpful. I'm paying over $3,000 for training this year. If you had more group training packages it would likely half my costs and encourage me to stay with you when my current assignment is complete.

Body shoppers

Former Employee - Senior Lead
    Former Employee - Senior Lead

I worked at Collabera full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ontime payments, Compensation and Decent benefits

Cons

1. Claims to be consulting company but are body shoppers 2. No client engagement 3. Couldn't find projects for 6 months 4. poor marketing

Advice to Management

get proper client engagement managers rather than managers who just work whole day on emails.

RSS Feed </> Embed