Collaborative Consulting

Collaborative Consulting Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Collaborative Consulting President and CEO William Robichaud Sr.

William Robichaud Sr.

Nice, caring people. Friendly atmostphere. Quality of assignments is hit-or-miss.

Lead Consultant/Technical Lead (Current Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsFlexible work arrangements, good benefits, vacation time, bonus/overtime pay potential for consultants. Management is understanding if you are on the bench.

ConsTypical of consulting, you may not have choice on the assignments. May need to just "take what you can get" and projects may lack technical challenge. Little insite into which potential clients or projects you are being pitched to. Little mentoring for new consultants.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp consultants understand how they are being pitched and how they are viewed by management so when they are benched, they have an idea what they should be studying or keeping current on. A skills database may be helpful.

Overall, a good working relationship.

Senior Consultant/Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGrowing company with good service-segment management. Plenty of knowledgeable groups & individuals to refer to when needed.
    Regional pay scale is good for qualified individuals.

ConsWorked as distributed resource and never saw home office or met manager.
    Some persons fulfilling Project Manager roles are good at creating the plan, need help sticking to it.

Advice to Senior ManagementRevamp the performance review process in its entirety.

Great atmosphere and smart people

Lead Technical Consultant (Former Employee) Burlington, MA

ProsThe people at Collaborative are some of the smartest and hard working that I have had the chance to work with. Also, I was on and assignment my entire time with Collaborative, never having to hit the bench.

ConsAs with any consulting company, the consultant doesn't really have a chance to pick the assignments, so you may end up with a very long commute.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communicating with the consultants in the field.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work

ProsThe people at Collaborative are smart and hardworking. There are a lot of opportunities to work at great clients on big or small projects.

ConsAs with any consulting firm, you can't always pick to work on projects that are exactly what you want to do.

A good learning experience

Senior Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsI was exposed to a variety of customers and professional situations that allowed me to grow. Colleagues were helpful in providing advice.

ConsOnce hired, it was difficult to reach the next level... and salary. So, negotiate hard and don't believe the promises that the recruiter makes.
    Collaborative is trying to sell projects and expertise (which is good) but often "relapses" into the body shop approach of acting as a temporary agency.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue building expertise so that the employees are not stuck in uninteresting "time and material" projects.

Excellent company for those who want to stretch and grow

Architect (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsCollaborative is a growing company that is made up of some of the strongest technology professionals I have ever worked with. The company puts the utmost value in client satisfaction and has built positive brand recognition in the Boston area. Employees have opportunities to stretch and grow especially if they show initiative and drive. There is a mix of cool projects and good ole fashioned staff aug just like at any consulting company but if you do a good job you will be recognized and have an opportunity to do cool work. Most of the employees are genuinely nice people which combined with the strong skills makes coming to work a lot of fun.

ConsThe company has experienced some growing pains as they moved from 200 to 400 people and beyond. They are working hard to address these but there are certainly challenges. Also, assignments are driven by what is sold just like any other consulting company. This means that no every assignment is a perfect match but they will rotate people out for those that have "paid their dues".

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose the small-company feel as we grow. It's important to keep the Collaborative culture intact. Also, as we grow into new areas and lines of business, don't forget about the businesses that got us here.

Principal - Technical Architect

Principal Consultant (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsCollaborative Consulting is a mid-size consulting firm. Over the last number of years Collaborative has experienced a significant growth (revenue and headcount) and with that came additional opportunities for personal growth. Company employees some of the best people in the industry including well established authorities in Integration technologies, Data Management and Performance Engineering. Collaborative works with a good mix of clients that span multiple industries and include Fortune 100 companies as well as start-ups and mid-size companies. In short, smart people, interesting work, opportunities for growth and great culture!

ConsCompany is experiencing dramatic growth and with that comes some challenges. Some of the internal processes that worked well for 200-300 people do not work as well for 400-500 people. However, management is actively working to address these challenges.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to review and streamline internal processes, whenever possible maintain procedures that worked well for as when we were 200 people company (aka. Less bureaucracy)

So far, so good!

Mid-Level Contributor (Current Employee) Wausau, WI

ProsMy experience working with WI and MA people has been favorable thus far. I've noticed that you can certainly gain additional responsibilities just by putting yourself out there and making yourself available. I work with junior to mid-level people in WI and it's been pretty easy to progress here. There are people who are serious about their paths and then people who are not so serious. I would like to see management remove my coworkers who are not performing and replace them with more experienced and serious individuals.

ConsI'm not sure where I stand exactly. I've done a variety of things and am told to be patient but it would be helpful to see a more concrete career path.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication has been steady but more specifics would be nice. Our quarterly meetings are very helpful because it is full of overall company statistics but it would be nice to see more participation. We would prefer to hear from John P.

Interesting work, when it came about

ProsGood projects and consultant mentoring

ConsLimited opportunities, poor visibility into future assignments

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove communication with consultants

it's not as good as what you see in news

Developer (Current Employee)

Prosif you are like me and didn't have experience - great training. Experienced people train the class that have been doing it for a long time. The work work space is new, some flexible schedules

Consif you have experience, not sure what training you get. lots of people benched or shadows for long time looking for something to do, sitting waiting for work can get very boring. The manager structure doesn't make sense. Hope this works

Advice to Senior Managementstructure, structure!

Worked for Collaborative Consulting? Contribute to the Community!