Collaborative Consulting Reviews

Updated February 27, 2015
31 reviews filtered by
3.3
Collaborative Consulting President and CEO William Robichaud Sr.
William Robichaud Sr.

Exciting, genuinely nice people

Former Employee - Data Scientist in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Data Scientist in Boston, MA

I worked at Collaborative Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-Benefits: Great benefits, the company invests in this significantly. We have the best health insurance, 20 days PTO whit roll over option, work from home, 401k match is substantial.
    -Work life balance: You work hard and play hard. These guys are respectful of your time and if you go above and beyond it is noted and rewarded
    -Company values: This is perhaps my favorite characteristic about Collaborative; their people. They really care about having a healthy environment and about their employees.
    -Training: There are plenty of opportunities to learn, they have a very cool training room in Wisconsin where fellow employees teach their particular expertise to others.
    -People have your back: It is easy to talk to more senior people like the VP. I felt like their doors were always open. And, they are really easy going people.

Cons

If you are working from the office, sometimes it feels a little bit lonely. People come and go to other projects so that was a little bit tough for me at the beginning. For this same reason, sometimes it is a little bit hard to communicate with others (supervisor/director).

2. I work at Collaborative Consulting Domestic Solution Center

Current Employee - Software in Wausau, WI
    Current Employee - Software in Wausau, WI

I have been working at Collaborative Consulting

Pros

The solution center has a great training program for those new to IT! You get a chance to learn from some industry professionals with more than 15 years of experience that are from different parts of the country. The projects are small in size and easy work on for those without any experience.

Cons

The solution center has been removing several key individuals since the beginning a few years ago that in my opinion were really great and have either been replaced with family member, or someone not of same quality with no ease of tensions on the existing team. Those looking for the first IT job - this is the place! You get training, and some easy projects - there aren't many big projects on this side of the company. Those looking to sharpen resume and work with an experienced team - keep on looking, you won't find it here.

communicate changes in direction

3. Think twice before you join this company!!

Former Employee - Senior Software Developer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Developer

I worked at Collaborative Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

To my knowledge, I do not see any pros.

Cons

My rating speaks for cons.

Some good but more bad

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Collaborative Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Very talented consultants in the field. Much energy dedicated to hiring solid professionals. Excellent compensation and benefits package primarily based on high billing rates. Not a bad place if you are insulated from senior management.

Cons

The CEO often behaves unprofessionally, routinely screaming at people, and constantly criticizing his direct reports behind their backs. The COO works on his side business just as much. His paid advisors are milking their payday, with limited knowledge of the industry and adding very little value. Other senior management is very well paid, but they are largely very unhappy people, feeling locked in by their compensation.

Sell the company like you have been talking about for the last ten years. The leadership team is impatiently waiting for that, so they can move on. So very few will be sorry to see you go.

Best place to work

Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Lead Analyst in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Collaborative Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Awesome culture and people
    Accessible management
    Tremendous Growth Potential

Cons

Nothing to complain about here.

Keep it going!

Nice, caring people. Friendly atmostphere. Quality of assignments is hit-or-miss.

Current Employee - Lead Consultant/Technical Lead in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Lead Consultant/Technical Lead in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Collaborative Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible work arrangements, good benefits, vacation time, bonus/overtime pay potential for consultants. Management is understanding if you are on the bench.

Cons

Typical of consulting, you may not have choice on the assignments. May need to just "take what you can get" and projects may lack technical challenge. Little insite into which potential clients or projects you are being pitched to. Little mentoring for new consultants.

Help consultants understand how they are being pitched and how they are viewed by management so when they are benched, they have an idea what they should be studying or keeping current on. A skills database may be helpful.

8. Overall, a good working relationship.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant/Business Systems Analyst in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant/Business Systems Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Collaborative Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Growing company with good service-segment management. Plenty of knowledgeable groups & individuals to refer to when needed.
    Regional pay scale is good for qualified individuals.

Cons

Worked as distributed resource and never saw home office or met manager.
    Some persons fulfilling Project Manager roles are good at creating the plan, need help sticking to it.

Revamp the performance review process in its entirety.

9. Great atmosphere and smart people

Former Employee - Lead Technical Consultant in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Lead Technical Consultant in Burlington, MA

I worked at Collaborative Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people at Collaborative are some of the smartest and hard working that I have had the chance to work with. Also, I was on and assignment my entire time with Collaborative, never having to hit the bench.

Cons

As with any consulting company, the consultant doesn't really have a chance to pick the assignments, so you may end up with a very long commute.

Keep communicating with the consultants in the field.

10. Great place to work

I have been working at Collaborative Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The people at Collaborative are smart and hardworking. There are a lot of opportunities to work at great clients on big or small projects.

Cons

As with any consulting firm, you can't always pick to work on projects that are exactly what you want to do.

Excellent company for those who want to stretch and grow

Current Employee - Architect in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Architect in Boston, MA

I have been working at Collaborative Consulting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Collaborative is a growing company that is made up of some of the strongest technology professionals I have ever worked with. The company puts the utmost value in client satisfaction and has built positive brand recognition in the Boston area. Employees have opportunities to stretch and grow especially if they show initiative and drive. There is a mix of cool projects and good ole fashioned staff aug just like at any consulting company but if you do a good job you will be recognized and have an opportunity to do cool work. Most of the employees are genuinely nice people which combined with the strong skills makes coming to work a lot of fun.

Cons

The company has experienced some growing pains as they moved from 200 to 400 people and beyond. They are working hard to address these but there are certainly challenges. Also, assignments are driven by what is sold just like any other consulting company. This means that no every assignment is a perfect match but they will rotate people out for those that have "paid their dues".

Don't lose the small-company feel as we grow. It's important to keep the Collaborative culture intact. Also, as we grow into new areas and lines of business, don't forget about the businesses that got us here.