Collaborative Solutions

Collaborative Solutions CEO Carroll Ross

Carroll Ross

Collabies!

Principal Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsI've worked for a few different companies in my career and nothing matches the culture at Collaborative Solutions. Leaders truly care about each and every employee. When they say 'open door', it's not lip service. I took our President up on his offer and had a wonderful conversation. Not only did he listen, but he followed up with how the company was addressing my concern. No firm is perfect, but it truly seems that management will listen and take action.

ConsWe are focused only on Workday so for those who want to try many different technologies, its not a good fit.

Yay!!

Functional Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsI felt more valued during the interview process alone than during the entirety of my last job! Everyone is welcoming, approachable and always offering a helping hand, no matter their title. I haven't met, virtually or in person, a Collabie who wasn't happy or thankful for working at Collaborative.
    Work life balance if also great. If I get my work done, I sign off and relax and go attend to my personal life. I don't sit at a desk waiting until 5/6pm for it to be an acceptable time to leave. There are times that working late is required, but you get the flexibility you need.

ConsNeed more tech support, both personnel and monetary. Sometimes 50$ per month doesn't cover going over data plan because your client had no wifi and you had to use hotspot.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore collaborative gatherings! We love hanging out with each other! Do a Holiday party and a summer BBQ!

It's been a great career move

ProsIt is truly a culture where people want to help each other and ensure the success of each other and the company. The teams are fun and everyone looks to enjoy what they do not just show up to work.

ConsIt is a fast paced environment with a lot of growth and change. Not everyone can handle that.

Advice to Senior ManagementDrive innovation and keep trying new things to keep the culture alive.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture, great people!

ProsThe people at Collaborative Solutions are amazing! I've never worked in an organization where title and experience don't matter - all ideas are welcome. The leadership team here truly values their employees and have created a culture where work is an enjoyable place. There are great benefits, unlimited PTO and flexible work schedules which lead to a great work life balance and an overall happy workforce.

ConsBecause we are a small company, resources can sometimes be limited.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! As we continue to grow, it's important to increase resources to enable your workforce to focus on their role rather than having the team where multiple hats at all times.

Inviting and Welcoming Culture That Fosters Innovation

Managing Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsEach and every day you have the opportunity to learn something new. This spans across the type of consulting we do (Workday) and through learning from your peers & mgt on ways to do things better or solving a problem through a different angle. You also have a solid support structure in place from the beginning to make sure you have the resources available to get the job done and to continually enhance your skill set.

Its also a fun place to work that is open, honest, and encourages input from all levels of the organization.

ConsI'm in an office location but I could see that working remote most of the time could be a challenge for some. However, if you are a self-starter who stays engaged and is proactive, you shouldn't have a problem .

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on investing in the foundation! I can anticipate a lot of great new opportunities evolving over time.

Growing Company w/ Strong Leadership

Principal HCM Consultant (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsCS is truly a company that invest in their employees and their career development. CS is one of the few companies I have come across in my career who say their employees are their greatest asset and treat them as such. Staff is very friendly and always willing to help. Overall, a great company with tremendous growth opportunities and strong leadership.

ConsAs an employee who does not work from or near a CS office, it can be a challenge to be as engaged and visible for new opportunities as those who do.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in employees and their career development. Encourage and foster internal growth.

Flexibility, Passion, Open Communication & Culture!

Principal Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsNo matter what your title is at Collaborative Solutions, everyone is treated as a valued member of the team. In addition, Collaborative does a fantastic job of keeping open lines of communication across the entire company. This coupled with a great culture and diligent workforce makes this an outstanding company to work for!

ConsBecause many of the employees are spread throughout the country and there are only a handful of offices in the US, it makes physical interaction more difficult.With that being said, Collaborative Solutions does a fantastic job of giving employees the option of working out of an office, thus creating tremendous flexibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to stride to create even more opportunities in the financials areas. Meaning the possibility of priming more financials deals, creating more training/certifications for financials consultants & attending more Workday events pertaining to Financials.

Finally a consulting company who values people as its biggest asset

Senior Principal Consultant (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsI came to the company after working at a global mega-corporation who put stakeholder gains ahead of the satisfaction of its employees. When I started to work at Collaborative I was a little nervous given it's a small company with a very different way of approaching business. I couldn't be happier I made the choice of joining this great company. It's hard to narrow down the main reasons why I like it so much so far, but it has been a much needed breath of fresh air for me. I work long hours when needed, and relax when I am able to do. The flexibility of having a life a professional career without having to sacrifice one for the other is exceptional.

For starters, from my first day I have felt welcomed and valued. The environment feels relaxed and the people I have gotten to work with so far have been top quality professionals. Therefore, instead of micro-managing your work, they expect you to be a self-starter and independent worker. My impression thus far is that as long as you get your work done (on time and accurately) they don't have a need to be on top of everything you do.

Collaborative spends a substantial amount of money in training new employees in Workday therefore the expectations are high as well from the first day. However, they also provide the support structure that is needed to succeed. Even with busy schedules, everyone seems to be willing to put some time aside to help you out to overcome challenges with your job.

Ultimately, if you are interested in Workday, I can't see a better place to work. A lot of the major consulting corporations are just now starting to get in Workday consulting but Collaborative is by far superior in its reputation, talent, and knowledge. You get to work with industry professionals who will challenge you yet support you to become better...ONLY if you are capable of having the discipline it takes to be successful in a virtual environment.

ConsI had to make a decision when accepting my offer that I may make less money than other Workday consulting partner. I had to balance that off against the company philosophy and work/life balance environment. I decided to opt in for Collaborative because I much rather make less money but be happier doing my job than the other way around.

The virtual work environment can be a challenging adjustment for many. Most consultants/project managers work from home unless we are at a client site or corporate event. Therefore, it feels a little isolated at times. If you are a type A extroverted personality this may be a hard thing to get used to (or relocate to one of the cities with an office).

A big con is the fact that there are no clear line of sight to career paths. You start as an associate or senior consultant, you become proficient, but then what? I think as the company grows these type of issues will be ironed out but at this moment it's very vague.

Advice to Senior ManagementCollaborative is suffering growing pains. We are a very reputable company within the Workday company and we deliver top quality work. Therefore, we are highly sought after and get a lot of business. Although this is great job security, there is a lot of emphasis on expansion and growth. There has been a lot of effort done on recruitment of additional associates which may eventually mean the loss of the small company environment. However, I am confident in the executive team to not lose their line of sight towards their current company philosophy.

A Culture and Career to Love!

Senior Principal Consultant (Current Employee)
    Birmingham, AL

ProsWorking at Collaborative Solutions has been the single most exciting careeer journey I have experienced. The culture and management is transparent, encouraging and FUN!

ConsThe only con I have experienced working at Collaborative is the feeling of being so far from my team but we do a great job of staying in touch and having team meetingls.

What are you looking for in a job?

Reston, VA

ProsGrowth potential? Growing fast; frequent new hires and promotions.
    Option to work from home? Yes.
    Great people/culture? Yup.
    Opportunity to travel? Absolutely.
    Work/Life balance? Unlimited PTO .
    Recognition for hard work? Great bonus structure. Great pay.

ConsSteep learning curve surrounded by sharp people. Be on your game to keep up (especially during training)!

Advice to Senior ManagementI've been here less than a year. It's been important to me that management reach out to develop a relationship with me. Thank you. Make sure to continue to make time for the next generation of trainees.

Worked for Collaborative Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Collaborative Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Collaborative Solutions CEO Carroll Ross. All 37 reviews posted anonymously by Collaborative Solutions employees.