Collections Etc.

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Todd Lustbader

Very nice enviroment and room to advanced up in the company

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Wichita, KS

I have been working at Collections Etc. part-time for less than a year

ProsThey give you good training, and they seem to help you when you are very new. They make sure that they give the information you need to succeed. They give you advice to improve your job. The management and the office staff do the best they can to help you. I like that it is a smaller company at this location. Everyone there is friendly and the management is willing to listen to your concerns if you have any.

ConsThe pay is low compared to other call centers in the area. The other problem is they have went to a paperless enviroment. I feel that even though everything is done on computers we still need the catalogs in front of us and the choice to use scratch paper.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow us to have scratch paper so when we are taking orders and we jot down the order numbers or other codes and that way we won't have to ask the customer to repeat it twice if the system is slow or acts up. I understand that fraud is a big issue with the Credit Cards but give us one piece of paper and we can turn it in to the front when we are off the phone if they don't completely trust us about the customers info we are getting.

Horrible

Picker/Packer (Former Employee)
Melrose Park, IL

I worked at Collections Etc.

ProsHonestly, there is no pros about this company.

ConsEverything! The employees are rude and everything seems like a competition when is not supposed to!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees

It was degrading in the last 3 years

Middle Manager (Former Employee)
Elk Grove Village, IL

I worked at Collections Etc.

ProsThere were good, hardworking people. Flexible hours and the best - work from home benefit!
The work was interesting.

ConsUpper management has very little respect for people, their knowledge and expertise. Upper management does praise people for good work and the commitment.
In the last couple of years the executives made some bad decisions based on external recommendations and it just took one year for company to get to self-destruction mode.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your own people who helped you to grow the company. Appreciate people, appreciate doers, not talkers.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Getting worse every day

Elk Grove Village, IL

I have been working at Collections Etc.

ProsThere are good people at middle management level. Some departments are well operated and trying to keep employees satisfied. You are lucky if you work in that department and don't have contact with Executives

ConsThe owner is one of those 'monster' bosses. Rude to everyone. In meetings behaves like a spoiled child, doesn't listen to anyone, only wants to talk about what interests him at that particular moment. Cuts people off, acts in a very demeaning manner.
In general, Executives operate in the mode of squeezing as much as possible from people without any concern for their well-being. More and more work is piled up on exisiting people, new hires are not allowed, people are pinned against each other. Pay raises have been cancelled three years ago, all other benefits cut. At the same time everyone is forced to contribute to the owner's favorite charity.
I wouldn't recommend anyone get a job here right now - people are leaving in bunches. It's a very tense, stressful and unsatisfying environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to people, their efforts and opinions. Reward efforts fairly. Take a sensitivity and communication training course. Staff up with professionals and listen to their professional opinions.

Room for improvement

I have been working at Collections Etc.

ProsThere are some really great people that work there that are very knowledgeable in their area of expertise. They also have a great relaxed work environment.

ConsThe pay is quite poor. Compared to the industry norm, Collections definitely ranks low.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the company has great potential to become a great place to work. However, there should be a re-evaluation of some of the processes.

Worked for Collections Etc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Collections Etc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Collections Etc. CEO Todd Lustbader. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Collections Etc. employees.