Collective Bias

Updated July 17, 2014
Updated July 17, 2014

4.5

Bill Sussman

A great place to spread your wings.

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time

Pros

CB offers great perks and offers a great group of teammates. I've never worked with a better group. Their number one benefit is the people you get to surround yourself with everyday!

Cons

Pay disparity is a big one, and with such a young company, people talk. It stinks to know that you got the highest reviews and yet have the lowest pay among your peers (especially when you're afraid to ask for more money).

Might be time to right size your salaries... Sometimes the squeaky wheel getting the grease is not a good strategy. Your quieter, more productive and effective employees could feel disenfranchised and demoralized when they're not given the same consideration.

Good place to work

Former Employee - Business Development  in  Bentonville, AR
    Former Employee - Business Development in Bentonville, AR

I worked at Collective Bias full-time for more than a year

Pros

Outgoing culture, volunteered for varies charity group

Cons

Loud environment, not a lot of training

Great company with lots of growth opportunity

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Marketing in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time

Pros

Love the people, the transparency, the professionalism and the respect. I've never worked for a company where the executive leadership team was as open, honest and sincere with their employees. CB is a great company for those who are looking to grow as a professional, have fun and build something new.

Cons

CB is located in Bentonville/Rogers. If you live in Fayetteville...the commute is the worst. Resources are getting better, but as with all growing companies, we're spread thin sometimes. There's no one that doesn't take their work home with them. I don't think this is a con, but a testament to how much everyone likes working at CB. If you have a problem with working after hours, CB isn't for you.

Collective Bias Response

May 13, 2014Director, Human Resources

Thank you for the honest feedback! We're looking forward to moving into our new Rogers office location, which should shave 15-20 minutes off of the commute for Fayetteville residents. :)

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Collective Bias combines an awesome atmosphere with a diverse and skilled work force.

Current Employee - Analytics Coordinator  in  Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Analytics Coordinator in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time for less than a year

Pros

Culture, people, innovation, and technology

Cons

There are growing pains as Collective Bias continues to grow

Continue to leverage the skill sets of the employees to innovate and scale the business

The vertical has enormous potential and the Company and its people are absolutely terrific

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity in the fastest growing area of shopper marketing.
    Great Company culture that truly embraces the importance of its people.
    Great product solution (value proposition).
    Great people.

Cons

Due to explosive business growth, the Company has outgrown its physical space and most people's bandwidth is stretched fairly thin. The Company is aggressively hiring to address this issue and moving to new space this summer, but right now space is tight

It will be important to retain our unique corporate culture while putting in place the critical infrastructure and adding the additional personel necessary to maintain our growth

Everything is awesome!!!!

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time

Pros

Interesting work, current technology, growing company in friendly community, great culture, excellent work-life balance, and happy, nice people. You can also bring your dog to work!

Cons

Can't think of anything right now!

Continue to enhance strategic, technical focus.

Very positive....it's great to be a part of such an exciting and dynamic company!

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the culture - laid back yet productive; great people and exciting product

Cons

Tight space, but I know that will change in a few months.

None

Innovation With A Community Core

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time for less than a year

Pros

Collective Bias is a community centered company, whether it be the bloggers or the people that work here.
    Fair wages, great benefits, 401k and fair amounts of paid vacation and sick leave.
    Innovative work space environments- whether you work remotely or in one of the offices, or both you won't be locked in a cube.

Cons

Telecommuting provides interesting challenges- while the company is community focused, you can easily get locked behind a computer screen with busy days and dynamic campaigns or projects.
    The company is relatively young, so growing pains occur, especially as client bids change and the work needed adapts.

My dream job! Work with the most talented individuals who know how to work hard and enjoy life!

I have been working at Collective Bias

Pros

Great team atmosphere, transparent, fun and challenging! They offer a flexible work environment that focuses on productivity. Exciting pace that brings new innovation each and every day! Leadership jumps right in with the team to ensure no one is left behind.

Cons

There really aren't any cons. I'd say you would need to be self motivated and love to work in a team environment in order to thrive here. It's an all hands on deck kind of company.

Fast Paced and full of Excitement

I have been working at Collective Bias full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible Schedule, Casual Dress, Fun, multiple neat advertisers, innovative

Cons

Lack of consistency, being for sale, frequent employee changes, unclear long term strategy

Thank you for trying to bring us to great places in 2014 and beyond. Really enjoying the opportunity for career growth and visibility to our short term future. I really enjoy the framework of the company updates and think it's a great practice to continue in 2014. A few less company changes would be desired in 2014; more specifically around process, people, & culture. Keep up the great work.

Collective Bias Response

May 13, 2014Director, Human Resources

Our leadership team is working on improving communication of our long term strategy to the company as a whole, thanks in part to this feedback. Thank you!

Worked for Collective Bias? Contribute to the Community!