College Nannies and Tutors

Employment Status

Reset
3.7
Joe Keeley

Pros
  • Flexiblle schedule as an on-call Nanny (in 3 reviews)

• Decent pay for college students (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • At times you may receive last minute requests (in 5 reviews)

• They offer very little training (in 2 reviews)

Role Model Manager

Current Employee - Role Model Manager
    Current Employee - Role Model Manager

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers and great experience.

Cons

Overall, I enjoy working with this company. However, I see myself leaving soon because I barely make enough to live on the salary provided. Also, no benefits, like health insurance, are provided. A HR representative is needed. You become your own fighting advocate.

Advice to Management

More HR experience is needed for owners.

2. Good for college students

Current Employee - Nanny in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Nanny in Katy, TX

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a really good job for college students. You can pick up on-call cases when you want so that it works with your class schedule. The agency finds families for you to work with. There are also long-term position with families available sometimes. It isn't very stressful job. You can get a really good reference from the parents if you work for the family on a long term basis. Children are really fun to work with!

Cons

You are working for an agency, so the parents pay the agency and the agency gives yo a cut of what they get. This goes on even if you've worked with a family for years and the agency isn't really needed anymore, but you can't work with families outside agency that you have met through the agency. This could mean that the agency is making min. wage for every hour you work.

Advice to Management

Be polite to the families that need your help and pay you for it.

3. Good job if you don't mind driving

Current Employee - Nanny in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Nanny in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours Decent pay Friendly and helpful management (at Stone Oak, San Antonio) Good core values

Cons

Flexible hours as long as you make sure to update your availability May take a little while to get jobs started Quite a bit of driving to get to houses

Advice to Management

Try to limit driving

Seasonal Nanny

Current Employee - Nanny in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Nanny in Austin, TX

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time

Pros

I can say that this job has really taught me a lot and has taught me even more about children. It's fun, and it's like we're a family! Noth only do we build stronger families but we build stronger nannies in the process. The company really works with your schedule and the families are usually great people! I love College Nannies + Tutors!

Cons

Not really any cons. Only thing I can think is to maybe have more Nanny functions so we can meet other nannies more often

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

6. nanny

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Penn, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Penn, PA

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it was a flexible job with great hours

Cons

it didn't allow me to meet many people

Professional and quick to fit me with a family!

Former Employee - Nanny in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Nanny in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional and through. They fit me with an incredibly nice family with twins. They were very sad to see me leave the state, but now I have my own twins! Ha, imagine that!

Cons

I cant think of many cons. Maybe more group nanny functions?

8. Placement Manager

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors (More than a year)

Pros

Upbeat, comfortable office setting and work spaces with friendly management staff. The staff seems to care about their team and try to keep an upbeat attitude.

Cons

No possibility for advancement. Punitive, disconnected and unprofessional owner that doesn't understand HR employment practices. Depending on the position, expect to work 45+ hours a week and be available 24/7. Compensation is low compared to other businesses in the industry. The owner has created many "rules" that are unrealistic and do not follow actual HR practices. The work atmosphere would become very negative because of owner's expectations.

Advice to Management

Allow your management staff to take the lead and hire an HR manager to create a more appropriate work environment.

9. On Call Nanny

Former Employee - On Call Nanny in Livingston, NJ
    Former Employee - On Call Nanny in Livingston, NJ

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time

Pros

Great place to work. The agency was very flexible with me regarding my schedule while I was in school. They looked out for me and took any concerns seriously. If there was a problem they listened. They also made sure that the families treated me with respect and not a second class citizen. Most families were great. It opened my eyes to different cultures and lifestyles that I will be able to use in my career going forward. Management is very considerate and understanding of circumstances that arise but if when the is taken advantage of they definitely will take disciplinary action.

Cons

I would have like to have been paid more but understand that because many jobs were contracted from an outside agency they were limited but did increase whenever possible.

Advice to Management

Other than increases in wages since the area does deem a higher hourly rate there is not much I advise I can give since they are very kind, caring and appreciative of their employees from what I have seen.

10. On- Call Nanny

Former Employee - On Call Nanny in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - On Call Nanny in Chicago, IL

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You told them when you could to work. Management is caring and understanding. They provide lots of information and supplies so you can do your job. If you're new to a city its a good way to explore the different areas.

Cons

The hours is all over the place. You may work a day and a half one day one week. Then work 13 out the the next 14 days. Sometimes with no notice for gigs which is the nature of an on-call job. There is no schedule or routine for day to day life. No regular coworkers so the job can get lonely. This is a good job if you're looking for extra income. Not for a single based income.

Advice to Management

Let people know that On call is a possible 40hrs but not a guaranteed 40. Have more ways for the nannies to meet each other.

11. The most flexible job I've ever had.

Current Employee - Placement Nanny in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Placement Nanny in Austin, TX

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is all about working with your schedule. As a placement nanny your schedule is pretty cut and dry and it's easy to get into a routine. Unlike food service or retail you don't have coworkers to switch shifts with, but they have an on call nanny service just in case of an emergency. On call is also pretty cool to do because it's something different every day.

Cons

Challenges, probably just communication with families. Parents are always changing their minds about things and sometimes they fail to communicate with you. But the good thing is that CNT understands that and has your back usually. The dress code is a little dated but again not every job is totally perfect.

College Nannies and Tutors Response

Jul 27, 2015 – Marketing and Recruiting Specialist

Thank you for the positive feedback! We do our best to work with the schedules of our role models, and are happy to hear this has worked out well for you in our Austin location.

RSS Feed </> Embed