College Nannies and Tutors

Updated January 17, 2015
Updated January 17, 2015
3.7

Joe Keeley

Pros
  • If you love working with kids, this job is great (in 3 reviews)

• Flexiblle schedule as an on-call Nanny (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • At times you may receive last minute requests (in 5 reviews)

• Very little training and support from management (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

I have had a great experience working for CNT, they are a growing and thriving company.

Current Employee - Nanny in Edina, MN
    Current Employee - Nanny in Edina, MN

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Numerous opportunities which work around my class schedule. It is always easy and convenient to get nannying jobs when I am home on break or weekends.

Cons

Competitive when replying to on-call requests due to the large amount of nannies in this service.

Great People, Low Pay

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors full-time

Pros

Everyone I've worked with is really great. The team is really supportive and encouraging.

Cons

It's a great work environment, but I just don't make enough money and the time off is terrible. For what I do I can make $20,000 more a year somewhere else.
    2 weeks off, and that includes sick days, leaves virtually no time to take an actual vacation.
    If you're part of their "on call" staff you don't even get holidays off....

You'll retain more employees if you compensate them fairly. Benefits would be nice, too.

Good pay and hours; Rude management

Former Employee - Nanny in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - Nanny in Bethesda, MD

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Hourly pay is pretty good and you can get a decent amount of hours as long as you're available. Good job if you're in school. The system is easy to use to enter your hours and always paid on time. Getting to meet different families and kids is cool.

Cons

Management is very rude and talks to you like you're a little kid or stupid. Required meetings on the weekends. Sometimes you have to drive really far for jobs and don't get paid for gas.

Should learn how to speak to all people with respect or you will lose a lot of good nannies.

Supportive but not enough work

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors

Pros

Good communication, nice students, keeps tutors and nannies pretty up to date for work

Cons

Not that much work, need a car, salary low after tax deductions

Do the best to give all on-call nannies a chance to work a good amount of hours.

Current Employee - Nanny in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Nanny in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Make a great effort to match nannies with the best families according to the experience of the nanny and personality of families and children. Work almost immediately after being hired.

Cons

Leaves nannies with families without prior knowledge of parking rules. Nannies have the responsibility of finding out such information.

Being a Nanny during college was my favorite job to have.

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors

Pros

It pays good money and it can be fa rely easy to do. You may be be able to watch tv, use your phone, and just sit around.

Cons

Kids can be bratty and demanding.

Great nannying experience!

Current Employee - On-Call Nanny in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - On-Call Nanny in Austin, TX

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love working for College Nannies and Tutors! I currently work as an on-call nanny where my hours are flexible. They consider my needs and availability, and work around it. If you prefer something a bit more stationary, they also offer placement nanny care.

I also get to work with some incredible families. Whatever age you feel comfortable with, the folks at College Nannies and Tutors will help you out to fit your skills and preferences. It's also wonderful experience for your resume.

If you're working for a flexible job, great compensation, and a fun atmosphere, this company would work really for you!

Cons

At times you may receive last minute requests.

None

Pretty alright

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (more than a year)

Pros

You work more for the family and less for the company. However, the company does offer good support, ie sending in a replacement when you are unable to go to work. As a student, your schedule will often mirror that of the child's, so that is easy to schedule classes. It's also nice to pick up a couple on call shifts for extra cash.

Cons

Being on call can be a little unpredictable and mess up your plans. The rate that the family pays is a much higher rate than you receive.

This Franchise is managed by a woman who will pay top dollar for a 1500 sqft office space that is unnecessary

Current Employee - Manager of A Franchise in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Manager of A Franchise in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Free pens, and the opportunity to work with nice families who are duped into overpaying for the services the company offers.

Cons

Lack of training, poor human resources, rules and regs change almost daily, and in general the management is terrible. I work very hard for this company but they continuously change my hours, they have not paid a dime in bonuses or commissions that are in my contract, they never reimburse for gas/mileage as stated in my contract, and they spend tens of thousands per month to lease office space which is not even utilized. In other words, they spend so much on overhead they are barely able to pay their employees. Loyal employees have been let go via email because the management doesn't even have the guts to call or do it face to face

Stop wasting money on unnecessary office space in a high rent area. Train your employees so they are able to use the erp system rather than complaining and scolding when employees are slow to learn without any formal instruction. Treat people with respect. Learn how to budget so you can actually abide by the rules of the contracts you have written. Pay your employees back for gas and expenses. In general, simply learn how to manage.

It's like a FAMILY!

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors

Pros

Everyone is friendly, understanding, and flexible. The families you work with are great! Everyone you encounter are sincerely interested in learning more about you, not only for the sake of your ability to perform the job.

Cons

I haven't worked here long enough to find any area that may need some improvements.