College Nannies and Tutors

Updated December 16, 2014
Updated December 16, 2014
3.7

Joe Keeley

Pros
  • If you love working with kids, this job is great (in 3 reviews)

• Flexiblle schedule as an on-call Nanny (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • At times you may receive last minute requests (in 5 reviews)

• Very little training and support from management (in 2 reviews)

More Highlights

Being a Nanny during college was my favorite job to have.

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors

Pros

It pays good money and it can be fa rely easy to do. You may be be able to watch tv, use your phone, and just sit around.

Cons

Kids can be bratty and demanding.

Great nannying experience!

Current Employee - On-Call Nanny in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - On-Call Nanny in Austin, TX

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working for College Nannies and Tutors! I currently work as an on-call nanny where my hours are flexible. They consider my needs and availability, and work around it. If you prefer something a bit more stationary, they also offer placement nanny care.

I also get to work with some incredible families. Whatever age you feel comfortable with, the folks at College Nannies and Tutors will help you out to fit your skills and preferences. It's also wonderful experience for your resume.

If you're working for a flexible job, great compensation, and a fun atmosphere, this company would work really for you!

Cons

At times you may receive last minute requests.

None

It's like a FAMILY!

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors

Pros

Everyone is friendly, understanding, and flexible. The families you work with are great! Everyone you encounter are sincerely interested in learning more about you, not only for the sake of your ability to perform the job.

Cons

I haven't worked here long enough to find any area that may need some improvements.

Perfect college job!

Former Employee - On Call Nanny in Danville, CA
    Former Employee - On Call Nanny in Danville, CA

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I was an on-call nanny for the Danville, CA location when they first started and I loved it! Flexible with your schedule. Great families. Trustworthy company. The pay was great. They helped pay for gas.

Cons

I would get texts really early in the morning and late at night for jobs that needed to be filled for the next day. It's not a bad thing if you want more hours though!

You were great!

Great Experience

Former Employee - On Call Nanny in Bethesda, MD
    Former Employee - On Call Nanny in Bethesda, MD

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Collage Nannies is a good company to work with, The manager is very understand when it comes to having a to cancel a job at the last minute. You can make your own schedule which has to be submitted on a weekly basis. It is a different family every time unless a family likes you and asks for you again.

Cons

Sometimes you don't get any work because there are too many on call nannies

Try not to hire to many on call nannies because then there will be less work for the other nannies.

College Nannies and Tutors Response

Jun 18, 2014Nanny Placement Mgr

Thanks for the review! We are glad that our nannies feel they can come to us with any issues and get a compassionate response; however, last-minute call-outs, while handled well by our management ... More

I love working here. The staff and vast majority of students are great.

Current Employee - Tutor in Wayzata, MN
    Current Employee - Tutor in Wayzata, MN

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love working as a tutor at CNT. The manager and owner really care about employee satisfaction. In the year I have worked there they have been very flexible with scheduling, have given me 3 raises, and have quickly covered my tutor sessions during times of illness and family emergencies.

Cons

There is not room for growth in this field. You can increase the number of students in your schedule or become a supervisor if the position opens up (there is only one tutor supervisor.) I don't consider this a con, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Working for College Nannies and Tutors has given me the opportunity to work with a variety of families.

Former Employee - Nanny in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Nanny in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (more than an year)

Pros

make your own schedule
    good families

Cons

last minute job opportunities
    commuting time

Great place to work with

Current Employee - Live-In Nanny in Oro Valley, AZ
    Current Employee - Live-In Nanny in Oro Valley, AZ

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible, understanding, easy-going, friendly, helpful

Cons

There are limited jobs and it is hard to find something that really works specifically with your current schedule

Working at CN&T has been very fulfillin for me. The students are motivated and hard-working and the management is great!

Current Employee - Tutor in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Tutor in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The students I work with are very motivated and hard-working. The other employees are always willing to help if I ask for it. Chuck is awesome to work with and very understanding if I need time off due to my school schedule.

Cons

The office I chose to work at is about 25 minutes from where I live, which is a bit of a trek if I am only scheduled to work 1 hour.

Great management and great pay.

Current Employee - Nanny in Walnut Creek, CA
    Current Employee - Nanny in Walnut Creek, CA

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company really acknowledges how much work you do and they give you a lot of freedom. They have tons of different opportunities to advance and even have a "Nanny college" where you can earn early childhood education credits if you are interested in a career that requires that. Every so often they set up a lot of events to get you to meet your co-workers, and they are really fun!

Cons

Sometimes you get a bad family, but that isn't a con of the company just a con of being a Nanny or tutor no matter where you are.