College Nannies and Tutors

Employment Status

Reset
3.6
Joe Keeley

Pros
  • Flexiblle schedule as an on-call Nanny (in 3 reviews)

• Decent pay for college students (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • At times you may receive last minute requests (in 5 reviews)

• They offer very little training (in 2 reviews)

1. nanny

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Penn, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Penn, PA

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it was a flexible job with great hours

Cons

it didn't allow me to meet many people

2. Role Model Manager

Current Employee - Role Model Manager
    Current Employee - Role Model Manager

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers and great experience.

Cons

Overall, I enjoy working with this company. However, I see myself leaving soon because I barely make enough to live on the salary provided. Also, no benefits, like health insurance, are provided. A HR representative is needed. You become your own fighting advocate.

Advice to Management

More HR experience is needed for owners.

3. Good for college students

Current Employee - Nanny in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Nanny in Katy, TX

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a really good job for college students. You can pick up on-call cases when you want so that it works with your class schedule. The agency finds families for you to work with. There are also long-term position with families available sometimes. It isn't very stressful job. You can get a really good reference from the parents if you work for the family on a long term basis. Children are really fun to work with!

Cons

You are working for an agency, so the parents pay the agency and the agency gives yo a cut of what they get. This goes on even if you've worked with a family for years and the agency isn't really needed anymore, but you can't work with families outside agency that you have met through the agency. This could mean that the agency is making min. wage for every hour you work.

Advice to Management

Be polite to the families that need your help and pay you for it.

5. Good job if you don't mind driving

Current Employee - Nanny in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Nanny in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours Decent pay Friendly and helpful management (at Stone Oak, San Antonio) Good core values

Cons

Flexible hours as long as you make sure to update your availability May take a little while to get jobs started Quite a bit of driving to get to houses

Advice to Management

Try to limit driving

6. Placement Manager

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors (More than a year)

Pros

Upbeat, comfortable office setting and work spaces with friendly management staff. The staff seems to care about their team and try to keep an upbeat attitude.

Cons

No possibility for advancement. Punitive, disconnected and unprofessional owner that doesn't understand HR employment practices. Depending on the position, expect to work 45+ hours a week and be available 24/7. Compensation is low compared to other businesses in the industry. The owner has created many "rules" that are unrealistic and do not follow actual HR practices. The work atmosphere would become very negative because of owner's expectations.

Advice to Management

Allow your management staff to take the lead and hire an HR manager to create a more appropriate work environment.

7. Nanny Review

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors (Less than a year)

Pros

None, worse manager and leadership ever! Do not leave your child in this company's hands.

Cons

Terrible communication, management was racist

Advice to Management

None-

Seasonal Nanny

Current Employee - Nanny in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Nanny in Austin, TX

I have been working at College Nannies and Tutors part-time

Pros

I can say that this job has really taught me a lot and has taught me even more about children. It's fun, and it's like we're a family! Noth only do we build stronger families but we build stronger nannies in the process. The company really works with your schedule and the families are usually great people! I love College Nannies + Tutors!

Cons

Not really any cons. Only thing I can think is to maybe have more Nanny functions so we can meet other nannies more often

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

9. On- Call Nanny

Former Employee - On Call Nanny in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - On Call Nanny in Chicago, IL

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You told them when you could to work. Management is caring and understanding. They provide lots of information and supplies so you can do your job. If you're new to a city its a good way to explore the different areas.

Cons

The hours is all over the place. You may work a day and a half one day one week. Then work 13 out the the next 14 days. Sometimes with no notice for gigs which is the nature of an on-call job. There is no schedule or routine for day to day life. No regular coworkers so the job can get lonely. This is a good job if you're looking for extra income. Not for a single based income.

Advice to Management

Let people know that On call is a possible 40hrs but not a guaranteed 40. Have more ways for the nannies to meet each other.

Professional and quick to fit me with a family!

Former Employee - Nanny in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - Nanny in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional and through. They fit me with an incredibly nice family with twins. They were very sad to see me leave the state, but now I have my own twins! Ha, imagine that!

Cons

I cant think of many cons. Maybe more group nanny functions?

11. Do ever think of working here!

I worked at College Nannies and Tutors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The families appreciate you!

Cons

Franchise owner and management are dreadful. The pay was way below average. The profit they make off of families by lying about the insurance margins is pathetic and the business model is unethical

Advice to Management

Pay people and treat people with value and worth

RSS Feed </> Embed