College Track

Updated February 2, 2015
Updated February 2, 2015
4.0

David Silver

Working at College Track is fulfilling in that you get to work with such amazing students.

I have been working at College Track

Pros

The work environment leaves a lot of room for innovation and creativity. The people are just as passionate about working with high school youth as much as the next person. Most importantly, there is ethic and moral value that gets passed along to today's young people.

Cons

The company is growing to past in scale. There is a lack of infrastructure to meet the size of the organization. With growth, the direct service employees are not being compensated or appreciated for the long hours and hard work.

Build the plane before you fly it. Look out for those who helped you build it.

Great organization - highly recommend!

I have been working at College Track

Pros

Great mission. Incredible students. You get to work with smart, talented people. I have learned so much from my colleagues and my manager. There's a work hard, play hard culture. Rare to find an org with such genuine, committed and fun people. Best org I've worked for to date.

Cons

Scaling too quickly and there's growing pains. Systems and processes can be a lot more efficient. Very fast paced culture - which could be good or bad depending on your personality.

Slow down and focus on building infrastructure. Prioritize quality over scale. Relationships and trust among students and staff are the secret sauce

Rewarding work

Former Employee - Program Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Program Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at College Track full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The students are great and the program's mission is good.

Cons

TFA program alum were given preference in all positions simply because the CEO is an alum himself. Poor overall management. Site staff were treated like peasants during fundraising events. Salaries are not very good considering that you have to work until 8 or 9pm on weekdays, and a lot of Saturdays.