College des Ingenieurs

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Philippe Mahrer

Awesome experience. A different kind of post-graduate education

MBA Fellow/Junior Consultant (Current Employee) Munich (Germany)

ProsChance to meet great new people from Germany, Italy, France and the world.
    Really good classes with world class business school teachers. (HBS, ISEAD, etc.)
    Interesting company projects to work in in the German group

ConsIntransparent organization with to few communication with the fellows.
    No feedback culture in management. Classes are not validated if the professor does not do it. Therefore some classes are not good.

Great colleagues, but very unprofessional management

Junior Consultant (Former Employee) Paris (France)

ProsGreat selection of smart people to work as temporary junior consultants. In the German Promotion there is also a great selection of potential "missions".

ConsThe Paris-based missions are often not as exciting and limited to few big companies in departments that don't always fit your profile. The management of the school is very unprofessional, not transparent regarding courses and examinations, and rules by fear. Once you're "in", they own you. Also, there is no general engagement of the management to create an alumni network for the Paris-based Promotion (unlike the German Network that exists).

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more positive in your communication, more professional in the training, and more eager to help us develop ourselves than giving us the feeling that you're using us for the sole reason to make money. The former students are your most valuable asset.

Great way of networking and starting a management career for engineers

MBA Fellow, Junior Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsGet to know a lot of very interesting personalities and a strong network of interesting people.

ConsKind of chaotic and no real interest to the students. Makes us feel very much like a product to sell to the market with maximum profit.

Advice to Senior Management- Try listening to the advises of the fellows how they are experiencing the program
    - Monitor the quality of the courses. Some were of really bad quality.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An excellent way to get introduced to the european work market

ProsThe other fellows at the Collège, you get to know very interesting people.

ConsThe administrative procedures and support to the consultants could be much better.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be a closer relationship between the managers and the consutants. The web page should be improved.

an international experience for top level engineers to get a leg up in business

MBA Fellow (Former Employee) Paris (France)

Pros-a great stepping stone for engineers to other feields of work

-International experience to expand someones profile

-Great networking possibilities

-After a one year fellowhip, you have an MBA

Consplacement in projects may not be reflective to the strengths of the candidate

communication between direction and the fellows

demanding travel schedule for certain projects

Advice to Senior ManagementThe fellows are there and are passionate about what they are doing in the program, they have great idea to really improve the program, listem to them and engage them more to improve the product

Worked for College des Ingenieurs? Contribute to the Community!