College of DuPage

Updated Jul 15, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Dr. Robert L. Breuder

Excellent place to work for

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Glen Ellyn, IL

ProsFlexible schedule, opportunities for growth, regular raises, friendly environment, steady workload. I was able to take time off for vacations without any disruption to my work.

ConsHonestly, none. This was the best job I ever had. It would only be a con for someone that likes a rigid schedule and constant supervision- because my job was the opposite of that.

Good School but they don't care about their part time adjuncts.

Part Time Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) Glyn Ellen, IN

ProsGreat school. They care about our military. Good food!

ConsThey only hire part time adjuncts. Limited amount of credits to teach a year. Don't ever expect to be full time here. They couldn't care less about you. No mentors. Not very organized.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire full timers. Take suggestions. Give new employees a mentor to contact. Don't get "annoyed" when contacted by your part time faculty, its our job to ask questions!

It's OK

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits are good; salaries are competitive and the campus is very nice. It has been remodeled and has a lot of new buildings and offerings.

ConsThere are some people who should not be managers. Why they were chosen and why they are allowed to supervise other people, not sure.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain managers to be managers and then make sure they are held to the task. Otherwise, don't hire them into the job just because you want to fill the opening so quickly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Top-notch community college

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) Glen Ellyn, IL

ProsProfessional environment. New or newly-renovated buildings with technology in the classroom. Hard-working faculty all aiming for the success of the students. Excellent academic programs in a huge range of subjects. Day or evening teaching opportunities.

ConsIf a class or program does not get enough enrollment, classes do get cancelled. There is little to no chance for part-time faculty to move into a full-time teaching position unless someone leaves.

I ran one of the computer lab for one of the departments

Lab Manager (Former Employee) Glen Ellyn, IL

ProsThe best part of working there was, never worked past 9pm. I also like dealing with the students.

ConsI did not having to work weekends. I also did not like the relatively low pay either. They also forced us to pay into a retirement plan called SURS.

Great place to work!

Front Desk Lead (Former Employee) Glen Ellyn, IL

Proswork-life balance since it's an office job. depending on what department you're in, you'll be off on all the holidays and weekends and summer hours are shorter.

Consthe department i was in does get enough activity. it can get boring sometimes

Great collaborations

Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) Glen Ellyn, IL

ProsWorking with energetic people; flexible time

ConsNothing bad besides playing politics which interferes the department's continuous work.

Good job, bad communication

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Glen Ellyn, IL

ProsThis is a nice place to work. The full-time employees got good benefits and time off. Some office positions also get lighter hours during the summer. There is a lot available on campus to change up the day like gym access, a cafeteria, galleries, and other COD events worth checking out on lunch breaks. Most of my contacts from COD still work here and it's not hard to see why. I miss working here and would have stayed if I could have.

ConsCommunication could be bad between divisions and a lot of people didn't know the proper procedures or where to direct people. A small example of this is that I was frequently redirecting calls that had been misdirected to us by other employees at the college.

Some divisions were run well, others were notoriously hard to deal with. HR was one that struggled with communication and frustrated a lot of other divisions. It could take months to get a response from them. Better communication between divisions is essential for smoother operations.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on communication between divisions and educating staff about the college overall.

Adjunct instructor

Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) Glen Ellyn, IL

ProsThis is a good job for its flexibility, independence, and intellectual stimulation

ConsThere is no guarantee of work from one semester to the next. Pay is really not enough to live on. Virtually no chance earn more money without getting a second job. Virtually no opportunity for advancement.

A great place to work and teach.

Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) Glen Ellyn, IL

ProsVery modern and upward rising.

ConsLimiting adjunct hours and departments due to ACA.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep looking to the future.

Worked for College of DuPage? Contribute to the Community!