College of Marin

College of Marin Reviews

Updated Jan 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great staff that was extremely helpful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHelp with college applications, Rewarding work experience

ConsBureaucracy made it difficult to accomplish some tasks

Large bureaucratic organization, slow moving and political.

Part-time Adjunct Temporary (Current Employee) Kentfield, CA

ProsTeaching students can be inspiring. Teaching at the college level affords a certain amount of autonomy. Teacher calendars are nice when you also have your own children.

ConsPart-time teachers are not treated as part of a unified team when it comes to department and program development.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about how to better incorporate change and innovation, more quickly, to incorporate into the practices we are teaching, which should reflect reality and the current job market.

Good CC

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPrograms are well run, especially tutoring center.

ConsSome of the social sciences arent the best.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Much dissension here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLittle oversight, if you like working independently. Flexible schedule. Relaxed collegiate atmosphere. The students are from varying backgrounds, socioeconomically, ethnically, educationally.

ConsMuch infighting between management (director of programs) and faculty. Very disheartening, especially when support staff are ignored, disregarded, and disrespected.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe faculty in our department were disorganized, harried, but definitely cared about education. The support staff are underutilized, underappreciated, and understimulated. Very little development potential for employees.

Worked for College of Marin? Contribute to the Community!