College of Saint Mary Reviews

8 reviews filtered by
2.3
Dr. Maryanne Stevens, RSM

1. Full-time student/Admissions Clerk/Asst. to Director of Single Parent Success/Asst. to Vice-President of Academic Affair

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at College of Saint Mary as an intern (more than a year)

Pros

Small private all womens college devoted to empowering women from all walks of life. Small enough that students don't just become a number of $ sign. Ranks 10th in the nation and has for many years.

Cons

The cost of going to school here.

Low moral among employees and no improvement in sight

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at College of Saint Mary

Pros

College of Saint Mary has a wonderful mission statement and several programs that do great things for the community. There are also some wonderful staff and faculty members who still work there.

Cons

There are too many to list:
    -Low moral among employees
    -High health insurance costs
    -Management is oppressive
    -High turnover rate because of management
    -Too few employees to cover departments which means high stress
    -Hardly any integrity among senior level leaders
    -They do not value innovation
    -There is an environment of fear

Because of these cons, College of Saint Mary has become an organization with an infamous reputation. With high turnover and employee dissatisfaction, departments cannot accomplish their goals of supporting College of Saint Mary's wonderful programs. This organization would accomplish so much more if the leadership would change. Until then, I'm afraid that employees will continue to come, encounter an awful work environment, and then leave a mess behind them.

Advice: Bring in new leadership. Until then, the environment of College of Saint Mary will not change. Until then, the employees of College of Saint Mary will continue to deal with manipulation, harassment, fear and unchristian behavior. College of Saint Mary is supposed to be a Christian organization - it is clearly not following the teachings of Christ when it allows employees to suffer like they have.

Great place for students

Current Employee - Staff in Omaha, NE

I have been working at College of Saint Mary full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good academic programs that help women get an education and improve their lives with better careers

Cons

Too much turnover among staff and low morale among employees. The people left behind have too much work to do.

Who Can You Trust?

I have been working at College of Saint Mary full-time

Pros

The students overall are very good to work with although the troublemakers seem to get their way more often than not. The dining hall has good food most of the time for lunch. Generally most of the people who work here are pretty down to earth.

Cons

The employee turnover is terrible across all departments. People just disappear. There is a lot of fear across the campus at all times. You never know when you're going to get in trouble or for what. Good employees get fed up and leave or get fired for mysterious and often "personal" reasons. Bad employees stay because nothing ever happens to them for fear of a lawsuit.

Let people do their job without threatening their livelihood. Go do VP and President things, not be in people's business 24x7. Quit making everything personal because the President has changed her mind or decided it was time to fire someone for wearing the wrong color shoes.

I Wish I Could Say Good Things

Current Employee - Staff in Omaha, NE

I have been working at College of Saint Mary full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone was very nice during interview. Seemed like people cared about students. Most people are approachable.

Cons

CONSTANT Backstabbing among faculty, staff and administrators. ZERO trust between departments or in the senior leadership since one minute we're doing one thing and the next minute we're doing the complete opposite because the VP was bullied into place.

Health benefits that leave you with little left after taxes. Compensation is within market but health benefits and retirement are well below "good."

Those employees who stay suffer. Either the position goes unfilled for six months or we get more added on to us since we know everything. Most departments run shorthanded and people have to come in early, through lunch, stay late or come in during the weekends.

Keep your word. When you say something, mean it. We know that you talk about us too.

Unimaginably Bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at College of Saint Mary full-time

Pros

Close to Arby's, QT and Walmart
    Free Parking but it's not like there isn't any
    Plenty of Oxygen to breathe

Cons

Most negative place I have ever worked, by far. This comes from the top down, where the President rules with an iron fist. She is unpredictable, manipulative and dishonest. And it's so small, you can't escape her. No one wants to work there and it has at least a 50% employee turnover rate per year. People put in 50 - 60 hours a week and it's never enough.

Don't have health benefits that cost $800 a month and don't cover anything. It's ridiculous.

8. Excellent working environment; I really like it here

I have been working at College of Saint Mary full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work

Cons

There are no cons to working here

None

Not trusted to do my job well

I worked at College of Saint Mary full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The mission sounds good, but I quickly realized the school is more interested in giving students whatever they want than what is actually going to help develop and empower them.

Cons

I was not trusted to do my job well, and spent most of my time being bored. Every time I tried to improve my area and try new ideas, I was told no and called insubordinate.

The President and most of the VPs need to go. Current and former employees are discouraging people from working there as it's a toxic work environment.