College of Wooster
www.wooster.edu Wooster, OH 500 to 999 Employees

College of Wooster Reviews

Updated Feb 9, 2014
College of Wooster – Wooster – “The College of Wooster”

A great place to work

Student Researcher (Former Employee)
Wooster, OH

I worked at College of Wooster full-time for less than a year

ProsI worked here as a student researcher with the Math department during the summer and the supervisor as well as the advising professors were great. They provided the students with enough guidance so that we didn't have to stumble through everything on our own, while making sure that we got to develop the project autonomously. They were also concerned with building a friendly and comfortable working environment by hosting picnics/gatherings at their houses and organizing group lunch every Thursday. Most importantly, they care about their student employees' experience, making sure that everybody is growing academically, professionally and personally, rather than paying attention only to the work result.

ConsI wish there were more training at the beginning about the type of work we had to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe supervisor and professors did a great job. I hope they keep up the good work and provide more training to students.

Student worker with a minimum hourly rate throughout 4 years of employment.

Timken Library Assistant Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at College of Wooster part-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood work/life balance. Great sub-urban environment for an expanding family, cheap cost of living. Relative proximity to urban environment when desired (1 hr to Cleveland, 50 min to Akron, 1.5 hr to Columbus, 3 hrs to Cincinnati)

ConsNo nightlife. Small-minded, small-town people. Disconnect and tension between college community and rest of town. High concentration of sexual offenders surrounding the college campus. Limited financial compensation.

Boss was Crazy

Server (Former Employee)
Wooster, OH

I worked at College of Wooster part-time for less than a year

ProsGreat money on event nights, lucrative overall.

ConsHigh stress, no one likes working here, staff very stressful always

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp people learn without ridiculing them, no one likes you

Fun place to work and shelve books

Library Assistance (Current Employee)
Wooster, OH

I have been working at College of Wooster part-time for more than a year

Prosfriendly staff and flexible hours,

Conspoor communication between departments, not very exciting work

Marekting

Marketing Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at College of Wooster

ProsIt is great to work at Wooster

ConsThe town of Wooster is not that gerat

Advice to Senior Managementasdasd

Good for Students

Digital Imaging Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at College of Wooster

ProsMy boss was always very willing to allow time off for college related activities, such as homework, class meetings, and sorority needs.

ConsOne of the downsides was that due to the lenient nature of the job and the trusting attitude of my boss, other students were not as motivated to work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMotivate students to work harder. When other students slack, the ones that would generally work harder may see it as an opportunity to slack, or alternately, be discouraged by being treated similarly, even if others are not working as hard.

Student Technician Job Review

Student Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at College of Wooster

Pros-Can Email saying that can't come in
-You have free time when no one is in the office for help
-Cool people

Cons-Same pay as other student employees in other departments (can work at Best Buy's Geeksquad for $13 an hour)
-Can't listen to music on headphones

Advice to Senior Management-It would be nice to be able to listen to music when no one is needing assistance.
-Other than that quite good

Interesting Place To Work, Has Its Ups and Downs

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at College of Wooster part-time

ProsWhen you know who you're supposed to talk to about a problem, it's usually very easy to get the problem solved.
Some of the students are very sweet, and will take their time to get to know you. They make the job worth it most of the time.

ConsThe chain of command isn't always the most cohesive or understandable. Finding out who you need to talk to about what can be a bit annoying.
The lower down the totem pole you are, the less likely you are to be treated or paid well. This includes (some) students as well as other staff.

Worked for College of Wooster? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at College of Wooster reviews and ratings. All 8 reviews posted anonymously by College of Wooster employees.