Collette Vacations, Inc.

Updated Mar 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Daniel Sullivan Jr

This is the best company I have ever worked for--all past work experiences have led up to this.

Copywriter/Editor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Collette Vacations, Inc. full-time for less than a year

ProsGrowing company. Great employee culture: we're like a family here. Respect from superiors. Travel opportunities abound, of course. Brand-new employee Wellness Center. Great training and employee development, including tuition reimbursement. Profit-sharing; year-end bonuses. Four hours volunteering per month on company time. Open-door policy with management. Low turnover. I love coming here every day!

ConsThe growing number of employees at headquarters has led to parking challenges, which the company is trying to eliminate.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Growing company with opportunity

I have been working at Collette Vacations, Inc. full-time for more than a year

ProsLocation- commutable from Worcester, southern MA, and RI
Benefits
Travel perks
Free gym w/ trainers
Philanthropy- local & global
Conveniences like dry cleaning services, blood drives, flu shots, etc...
Room for growth
Great people
Awesome culture
Open door policy- management is always looking for ways to improve
Great marketing that will continue to promote name recognition / brand

ConsDue to company's growth, the parking situation is a constant battle. Employees have to block each other in during the day, so leaving for lunch is generally not an option.

Great place to work!

I have been working at Collette Vacations, Inc.

ProsThe benefits that Collette provides to their employees are really amazing - full access to a Wellness Center (built for employees and their family members), awesome health/dental (I had one Dr.'s Office tell me how lucky I was with Collette's payment of my deductible), 401k, etc. One of the best things about Collette is the ability to travel - who doesn't want to see the world!?! The employees are really what make this company great - I've never worked with so many positive, friendly, and caring people. Everyone is involved in volunteering efforts and we are always giving back to the community! I honestly never dread coming to work because we sell fun and get to work with amzing people.

ConsI think some of the challenges for Collette are the 1/2 hour lunch and the inability of all members of the team to participate in activities during working hours - both of these "cons" are, of course, because of the need to be accessible to our customers.

One of the best places to work in Rhode Island. Amazing benefits that include free travel.

ProsBenefits
401k match
Health and dental
Free new gym built for employees
Yearly bonus
Friendly environment
Open door policy

ConsLow starting salaries
Micromanaging on some teams
Some long term management is afraid of change
Sometimes too conservative monetarily
Department segregation / need more outings as a company to get to know other departments.

Past Sales Employee

I worked at Collette Vacations, Inc. full-time

ProsGreat company overall ...good culture. Home office is better than field. Excellent product. Long term stability.

ConsSales Dept is old school...high pressure & micro-managing. They listen in on telephone calls.

Absolute waste of time effort and money!! STAY AWAY!!!!!

I worked at Collette Vacations, Inc. full-time

ProsWhat pros? They dangle benefits and training (Which btw is them locking you in a room and having 2 "Trainers" speak to you as if you were 4 years old and dont know what a mouse or keyboard are) in front of you as some sort of a huge perk to the amount of work you actually have to go through. Believe me there are no perks at alll

ConsToo much to even write. Surrounded by people that are not professionals at all. the amount of gossip and lies that are flowing through this place is sickening. Totally unprofessional they hire their sales reps from bar-tending, waitressing, mail room backgrounds. there is not sales competition, nothing to push you. DO NOT LET THEM TELL YOU THERE IS A COMMISSION!!!!! Honestly just do not work here. Thats all I can say. there is no opportunity to grow and even if you do get bumped up ONCE its double hours double work and with barely any pay. NEED I SAY MORE!!!!???!!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementHmmm recognize who the true players are and who really wants to work and succeed and ohhh i dont know CAPITALIZE on it???!!!

The most negative work environment you could imagine.

I worked at Collette Vacations, Inc. full-time for more than a year

ProsTravel perks
Decent benefits
Free stuff on Fridays in the summer
Some really nice co-workers who make your day easier to stomach

ConsManagement has no clear vision for the future of this company. They are too busy worrying about what their competitors are doing to focus on what is actually working for them. Their answer to everything is to constantly change to the point where you don't even know what your responsibilities are on a daily basis and when you ask your manager for an updated job description they can't produce one. You will never get a fair review here because of this. Bad attitudes are rewarded...the more unpleasant you are, the longer you stay and you will probably get promoted. Their family comes first, even if it means firing highly qualified and respected managers to make room for someone who has no relevant experience. No respect for your safety! If you work in the call center you are expected to stay in the condos when it snows...don't even think about taking a personal day to stay home and take care of your house because you will be bullied and manipulated until you do what they want. No loyalty to employees-there are few people you can trust...back stabbing is rampant. The longer you work there, the more replaceable you are and they probably know who they'd replace you with..it's like walking on eggshells. Not worth your time!!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are the problem with this company. Who you are or who you're related to shouldn't matter, your qualifications should! Stop enabling bad behavior and stop changing policies all the time...it makes working here unbelievably stressful. Your employees have ideas that are worth listening to and trying. The fact that they have better ideas than you do is pretty sad. Stop globe trotting long enough to address the real issues.

They are so hard up to go and steal clients from travel agent of theirs for 11 years

Travel Consultant( 615-386-9301) (Current Employee)
Nashville, TN

I have been working at Collette Vacations, Inc. as a contractor for more than 10 years

ProsI really have none to share

ConsNo respect and no communicaton to fix the problem

Advice to Senior ManagementShame on you to allow this type business for your companyof way. No respefct for agents

Class act operation!

I have been working at Collette Vacations, Inc.

ProsPaid trips, paid volunteer time, bonuses

ConsNone, there is nothing I am unhappy with.

horrified by the way people treat one another here

I have been working at Collette Vacations, Inc. full-time for more than 3 years

Prostough one. people who work in the call center are really great. they work hard and try to have fun despite what they go through every day.

Constoo long to write all, behavior so outrageous by management that you wouldn't believe it even if i did. i suggest you read very carefully what everyone else has said - every word reported about this place is true!!!!

Advice to Senior Managementclean house straight from the top. stop assuming everyone is as crooked as you.

Worked for Collette Vacations, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Collette Vacations, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Collette Vacations, Inc. CEO Daniel Sullivan Jr. All 20 reviews posted anonymously by Collette Vacations, Inc. employees.