Collin County Community College

Be The First To
Add Photos

Cary A. Israel

A great place to teach.

Associate Professor (Current Employee)

ProsThe staff is very helpful and friendly. The facilities, resources and technology are up to date and generally in working condition. There is good support from all areas. Any issues that arise are resolved quickly and in a friendly manner.

ConsThe adjunct offices are rather small (particularly at Spring Creek Campus. There are some professors (adjunct) with poor attitudes.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere could be a bit more attention to the stability of adjunct work, and to the creation of full-time positions where adjuncts are many.

Great employees, but they need less red tape

Frisco, TX

ProsMy experience with middle management and down has been very good. They've been willing to make changes that are in the best interest of the school and the students. The benefits for full time staff are pretty good.

ConsIt takes too long to have meaningful changes made. The approval process at the upper management/board level hurts the school. The upper management means well. The President is doing a great job, but it seems like it takes too long to make changes that don't come from upper management.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to speed up approvals and changes when suggested from the employees below. The school is too slow at adapting.

Great place to work

Student Assistant (Former Employee)
    Frisco, TX

ProsAs a student, working at the campus was very convenient

ConsI could not think of any

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great place to work!

Student Assistant (Current Employee)
    McKinney, TX

ProsHolidays off, winter/summer vacations, work around class schedule, very friendly and caring staff and faculty

ConsBeing part-time means no paid holidays or vacations.

Nice institution to work for

Associate Faculty (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsJob satisfaction, chance to help students from varied backgrounds

ConsLow salaries, no dedicated faculty parking

LOVE IT!

Associate Professor (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsGreat people and terrific environment

ConsDistance from home is the only negative

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the positive collaboration

A Game of Chance

Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee)

ProsMeet and work with wonderful people. Decent experience for those wishing to try college teaching. For the most part, given what you need for teaching. Computers and printing readily available.

ConsAdministration lives in its own world. Employees (faculty) matter little. Increased micromanagement. Can't photocopy without the Dean's signature. If you're not a work, even for a humane excuse (sick/funeral) or uncontrollable excuse (closed due to weather), you don't get paid. Low pay, no health coverage. Little chance of full time work unless you play the political game.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou might want input from the professionals who are experienced and better educated.

Racist Conservative Christian views

Human Resources Administrative (Former Employee)
    Plano, TX

ProsNone. I liked maybe 2 people I worked with.

ConsI worked in the HR department, I would receive complaints, mostly from minority students, how the staff/professors would treat them. They were quick to call the campus police on them for basically doing nothing. I would see so many of them be suspended and charged criminally for just trying to get an education. The HR high ups would cover up for the teacher/faculty in favor of whatever came out of their mouths. They treated blacks and hispanics the worst. Very quick to suspend them. I felt very sorry for them. It was like working at Aushwitz.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is 2013. This is America. Treat everyone with respect. Just because a student isn't white it doesn't give you the right to expel them or not listen to their side of the story.

Great school bogged down by politics.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly and helpful staff across the district.

ConsLots of politics at the top that trickles down constantly. People running in fear of leadership. Spies everywhere. Constantly have to watch your back just to do your job.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck your egos at the door and allow your staff to contribute to the operations of the college. Everything does not have to be dictated from the top.

Time served

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBeautiful and scenic campuses with new facilities make for a pleasing to the eye environment. Generally nice staff and faculty.

ConsLeadership by intimidation and scapegoat mentalities. Retaliation is used as a frequent punishment for anything that is not the status quo. Poor communication, management, employee support system. Very low pay.

Worked for Collin County Community College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Collin County Community College reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Collin County Community College CEO Cary A. Israel. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Collin County Community College employees.