Collins College

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat experience, Great experience, Great experience

ConsNone that I could find thank you.

Bad company

Senior Instructor (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe one thing that was nice about this school was the three day weekends. I also had a great group of colleagues I worked with. I can't think of anything else that was a positive about this place.

ConsThe biggest challenges of working there was dealing with incompetent management. These people had no clue how to properly run a place of higher education. It was not about the students, it was about the bottom line.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit trying to pretend that you know what you're doing.

Instructional Coordinator

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsI loved working there. It was a high energy position and I loved the department.

ConsSalary increases came few and far between, however I was started at a good rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees input. A majority of the managing personnel had a tendency to side step a lot of issues regarding policy and/or suggestions.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I am a lifer and contributed so much to my teaching and students success over many years. I will never regret that.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStaff internally was the best and very supportive

ConsSplit shifts should be outlawed especially in multiple locations

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue (corporation)! When you have a school that is turning enrollment around for the better, do a thorough check prior to making a decision that effects hundreds of lives (both employee and student)

Creatively Unique and Advancing.

Art Director, Graphic Designer, Large Format Printer (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsStudent Housing Assistance, High Curriculum, Great Exposure, Known.

ConsIt is estimated $60,000 to attend in pursuit of a Bachelors of Arts Degree, and tuition costs are still on the rise.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore attractive incentives for alumni in promotion of campus speeches. Many past graduates
    have no free transportation to get there to speak on behalf of their college experience and
    aftermath successions underwent. Like a luxury tour bus, all room and board prepaid by college.

Collins

Controller (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsStaff worked well together while I was there.

ConsOut growing the new Facility.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the student experience and number one priority.

.......

Admissions Representative (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsOk pay and benefits. Good work environment.

ConsNot good for long term career.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove on you leadership skills!

Good place to start your career but no opportunity for advancement.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) McKinney, TX

ProsA good place to start your career. Friendly caring professors who willing work with the staff when problems arise with computer applications.

ConsNot much opportunity for promotion. The college can't keep good people but the incompetent ones stay around forever. Just no room for personal growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour people are your best asset so use them wisely or they will find opportunities elsewhere.

GREAT EXAMPLE OF HOW NOT TO RUN A BUSINESS

Instructor (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsIf you don't give a damn about your work and need the benefits, great, but don't expect anything else in return.
    Great place to "hide" while your working on something else. Can get your advanced degree paid for.

ConsBad organization, no planning, no foresight, very bad morale, incompetent management that makes up policy as needed to fit their current crisis. Very bad work schedule for educators, "split schedule" has teachers working early mornings and late evenings in the same days with nothing in the afternoon, and this done by design, call that management? Lots of "good-ole-boy" cliques, sexism, and 1950's style prejudice, all condoned by management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo get a management degree. Work in the real world for a real corporation and see how things are really done.

Great company and great team

ProsGood to their employees and fun environment to work in.

ConsHard to get in the door. If you get a job here keep it

Worked for Collins College? Contribute to the Community!