Colomer USA

Add Photos

Lorenzo Delpani

Great people here!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe relationships built between co-workers is great.

ConsNot a lot of transparency.

Without depth of vision, the direction of the company seemed to be unclear.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsNiche markets allow for innovative competition and archaic business processes supply ample opportunity for personal growth and success, if the individual is driven and doesn't mind leadership that ignores negative feedback.

ConsMuch of the leadership has been involved with the company for decades, and it can be a challenge to sell new processes. No communication of a comprehensive vision for the company, with different divisions competing for attention and resources. In general, no focus on moral obligations or creating a positive work atmosphere for its employees. Many business practices (Sales & Distribution) are short-sighted, legally questionable, and potentially damaging to customer loyalty and supply chain health. Shocking lack of excitement from upper levels of management.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuild a positive workforce. Employees can be assets, rather than overhead cost.

Company Performance Improving

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsWe have increased market share in almost all markets in which we compete and this during the toughest economic years of the company history. We enjoy a very high degree of freedom to propose innovative ideas that fit the strategy.. All in all, I have learned a lot and I am pleased to work in this company.

ConsAll upside, no cons to report

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great product innovation. The customers love it!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Backwards thinking upper management, miserable culture and archaic management strategies.

(Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsThe only good things about Colomer was that they were so understaffed, the employees are able to get experience in many areas. The benefits were good as well - 401K match and good health insurance.

ConsNO opportunities for advancement unless you are Spainish. Terrible managment. Glass ceiling and unequal pay for women. Horrible culture. Lack of communication to employees. Old run down facility. Terrible working enviroment.

Advice to Senior Managementthey would not take any advice.

Great employees, great products, terrible leadership, terrible salaries.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThis company has great employees and great products. Downtown location in a new nice office. Very interesting industry. Allows for very hands on collaboration.

ConsThere is and has been a complete lack of leadership at this company. The CEO is a tyrant and does not allow for anyone to question his authority or ideas and therefore no one actually has any good ideas. And to top it all off, they pay people next to nothing.

Colomer is privately owned global manufacturer of hair, skin, and nails products.

Brand Manager (Current Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsVariety of projects and brands
    true entrepreneurial and strategic work

Consextreme bureaucracy
    set in ways of thinking

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in employees, be open to new ways of thinking
    don't sacrifice long term growth for short term ROI,
    communicate better - monthly mailings from spain mgmt to divisions

Colomer USA Improving

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsOpportunity for Growth. Interesting and Exciting Industry. Global Operations. Change and Developing Strength of Senior Management.

ConsTop Leadership is based in Spain. Lack of Solid Regional Leadership. Lack of Innovation.

Advice to Senior ManagementNew Leadership is Changing the Strength of the Global Operations. Positive Change.

Worked for Colomer USA? Contribute to the Community!