Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co.

www.coloniallife.com
  www.coloniallife.com

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Reviews

Updated November 9, 2014
Updated November 9, 2014
2.9

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. President and CEO Randy Horn
Randy Horn

Pros
  • Home office seems good to deal with but they have no authority over anyone (in 7 reviews)

• the company has a great home office support system and online training products (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Ability to work in a 100% commission environment is a must (in 10 reviews)

• No benefits, must be willing to possibly not get a paycheck for a few months (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Excellent Opportunity with great Teamwork

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The management works with the Agent so as to become successful. Teamwork is stressed so that goals are acheived

Cons

Doing the cold calling on the phone and in person are challenging if you have not had experienced with it before

Part time intern for Colonial Life

I worked at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. as an intern

Pros

Great experience, corporate culture, flexible with school schedule

Cons

I don't have any cons

Not an agent friendly company

Current Employee - District General Agent
    Current Employee - District General Agent

I have been working at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I saw how shady they were within a few weeks.

Cons

They would try to get business at all cost and weren't looking out for the customer. They also took commission from me on groups I opened.

Think of the customer first, not yourself

WORST JOB IN MY CAREER!

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The territory office validated my parking ticket and I was able to obtain marketing collateral from my district office. Other than that it was not a positive experience.

Cons

Straight commission, no benefits. Area manager I worked under was horrible. I had classroom training (lots of it vs. field training) by a trainer that was a joke. Impossible to make any money when you add up all your expenses. If you have 9-12 months of savings to support yourself maybe you'll make it. I wish I hadn't wasted my time with this company. What was I thinking?

Make sure your managers actually know the insurance industry and have multiple years of experience in the industry AND know how to train and mentor! My manager knew absolutely nothing about the industry having less than 1 year of experience. This person's idea of cold calling training was to wander around a grocery store strip center for an hour. That was the extent of the one on one field training I received.

It is a great company and I have enjoyed every minute of working with them

Current Employee - Territory Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Territory Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The tools and support you get from a territory stand point and a corperate stand port are amazing. Colonial Life is truely one big family.

Cons

It is at times difficult to recruit for a full 1099 commission based roll.

Very good company to work for

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Port Orange, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Port Orange, FL

Pros

Helping people protect themselves and their paycheck is rewarding employment. There is no ceiling on your income potential. Very good training program to become knowledgeable of the company products.

Cons

You go several months without getting a paycheck, which has become a financial hardship for me personally. You have to build clientele through hours of cold calling everyday and be able to handle rejection well.

I believe it would be helpful to receive come type of compensation to cover expenses while building clientele.

Sales rep and benefit counselor, Make sure you have money for the next 5-7 months, Remember 100% commission,

Current Employee - Benefit Counselor and Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

You do not nave to spend thousands and thousands of dollar to start, Flexible, Unlimited commission, Be your own boss, Meet new people, work hours

Cons

Management and others do not train, you are by yourself, If you are new to insurance then good luck in regard to training!!
    Make sure you have money for the next 5-7 months saved up, The first 3 months you be lucky to make any money,

Okay, about you train the new employees, Action speaks louder than noise, About if you train the new employees and train them instead of just making noises, All you do is talk and talk is cheap !!!!! Studies shows that most people remember about 10% - 20& when listening, Most people learn when management take action and then the employees take action with them, Again action speaks louder than noise, Why would employees take action when management wants to talk only and no action,

Love this company. Great place to work and great place to grow

I have been working at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. full-time

Pros

You work as a family. Everyone is egar to help and there is a strong sense of pride for the brand and customer

Cons

Balance of work amoug the floor

Great business for independent mindset

Former Employee - Territory Recruiter in Danvers, MA
    Former Employee - Territory Recruiter in Danvers, MA

I worked at Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Possitive work environment with great products to represent. I started in sales and ended up recruiting. I loved that.

Cons

There were not enough really experienced senior managers to teach those new to insurance sales. Results were high turnover. Lots of cold calling on businesses. 100% commission based.

Nurture the beginners more so they can grow as they learn and then they will be in possition to help the company grow sales.

Okay company to work for

Pros

great work balance life. You can make your own schedule. Nice employees to work with.

Cons

No leads provided. Alot of cold calling

Colonial Life & Accident Insurance Co. Photos