Colonial Properties Trust

Reset
3.7
Colonial Properties Trust Chairman and CEO Thomas H. Lowder
Thomas H. Lowder

1. Great place to work - too bad they sold the company. I really liked working there.

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Colonial Properties Trust full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The job had good benefits and great co-workers. It was a nice and clean office. There was a parking deck so it felt very safe.

Cons

I did not particularly like the annual review set up. I didn't feel I got any working feedback. The review process was anonymous so there was no way to discuss improvements etc. in person except for with the immediate supervisor.

Advice to Management

2. This company will never reach it's full potential until it puts the customer first.

Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Colonial Properties Trust

Pros

Good support from middle management to help you get your feet wet. Always a good place to get started in the real estate business because you are working with an established real estate investment trust. It is a place that is well represented across the sunbelt region, and it will provide you with plenty of opportunities to move up within the company and at other places.

Cons

Working weekends can take a toll on your personal life. Probably not the best place to work for people that have families.

Advice to Management

Stick to the new initiatives and do what it takes to see them through

RSS Feed </> Embed