Colonial Properties Trust

Add Photos

Colonial Properties Trust Chairman and CEO Thomas H. Lowder

Thomas H. Lowder

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

This has been quite a learnibg experience.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGood industry and good but expensive benefits. Good product and opportunity to learn as much as you want to learn about the business.

ConsPay and long hours. Most Weekends you'll work. The music we have to listen to all day can put anyone to sleep! Management does not give us money for the things that would make Colonial a cut above the rest.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more maintenancce (part-time even!) and please do most of the painting by professionals! Listen to us. We hear it all day long. We know what's really going on.

Be prepared to work hard and get nothing in return.

Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

Pros-Higher pay than most other companies in this industry but they need it to retain employees.
    -Many properties and high turnover so chance to move up is greater.

Cons-Only one choice for healthcare and its expensive
    -401k company match is gone
    -80%+ turnover rate
    -Understaffed properties so getting time off is difficult
    -Got rid of vendors so if you are maintenance be prepared to give your life cleaning carpets and painting and if you are a vendor trying to get paid goodluck
    -Management changes are so frequent its hard to get noticed for promtions. You have to prove yourself so many times over.
    -Corporate office micromanages the property managers so bad. Ordering basic office essentials is a nightmare.
    -Company policy has it if you get written up for something they will take away your commission. Write ups are frequent. Normally when you are pulling a high commission for that month.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the property managers handle the properties. That is why you hired them in the first place. Quit micromanaging so bad and go back to the corporate culture you had prior to 2007.

Worked for Colonial Properties Trust? Contribute to the Community!