Colonial Properties Trust

Add Photos

Colonial Properties Trust Chairman and CEO Thomas H. Lowder

Thomas H. Lowder

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

Pay great, LOTS more work than usual for this position

Leasing Consultant (Current Employee)
    Savannah, GA

ProsGreat pay
    good benefits
    ability to use your skills and talents to your best ability
    promote from within
    large company with other properties close for assistance
    they move you around until they find your best fit
    They are willing to put their money back into older properties
    The upper management is fantastic
    the help desk and online corporate support system is very impressive
    They are trying to stay up with the times and continually update technology and programs

ConsThey really don't give a large amount of training, they rely more on the throw you in there and see if you swim method (although if you start to sink then more attention is given)
    Biggest con that I've noticed is that it seems like the purposely understaff their properties. We have just enough people to barely squeak by on what is needed and mine is not the only property with that problem
    mediocre benefits (really expensive short term disability that the employee completely has to pay for, more affordable long term disability that the employee completely has to pay for, no 401K match, leasing staff isn't paid for extra hours on weekend shifts the way some companies do)
    OPEN SUNDAYS so on 2 person properties it is hard to make everyone happy
    I've had a difficult time working with my manager to get reasonable time off for family emergencies (for example, a death) but that is singular for my property and the other employees at other local properties pitched in to give me the time off that my manager wouldn't

Advice to Senior ManagementUpping the benefits and changing the 1 person per 100 units standard will go a long way to making Colonial a top place to work, at least in my city!

Worked for Colonial Properties Trust? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Colonial Properties Trust reviews and ratings in Savannah, GA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Colonial Properties Trust CEO Thomas H. Lowder. All reviews posted anonymously by Colonial Properties Trust employees.