ColonialWebb

Updated August 8, 2014
Updated August 8, 2014
3.1

Mitch Haddon

Plenty of opportunity for advancement and very satisfying work career.

I have been working at ColonialWebb full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

ColonialWebb recognizes the potential in its' employees and provides an environment that's conducive to continued personal and professional growth. If you're willing to work hard and put fourth the effort, it doesn't go unrecognized. I have very much enjoyed the path my career has taken and continue to look forward to where it may go.

Cons

There are no cons to date. The work is hard, but at the same its very rewarding. It feels good knowing that we are doing a good job and at the end of the day, even when it has been a stressful day, I want to go back and do it all over again.

The only "advice" I would share with Management is to continue doing what you are doing. Continue putting trust in your employees, continue giving them opportunities to learn more and grow, and continue being their champion. That will continue to make this company soar, and make all of us proud to work here and share that excitement with friends, family and customers!

I love my job and the people I work with!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at ColonialWebb full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There is always a new challenge to tackle and ColonialWebb empowers me to be aggressive to find a solution. There a tons of advancement opportunities and career options in the multiple businesses and locations. The staff is hard working and has fun at the same time. The leadership team is forward thinking and well connected. Company is growing and that is exciting to be a part of.

Cons

Its easy to lose the balance between work-life. When you are challenged each day, that balance can be hard to maintain for those who truly take their work seriously. The contracting business hasn't evolved like Google or Apple as far as benefits and flexibility but it is improving.

Remember that all work and no fun makes you a pretty boring, not fun person to be around. If you want to be the employer of choice, start recruiting and paying like you are the top dog.

Fun, busy, growing, fast, caring company.

I have been working at ColonialWebb

Pros

Hands down, the people at ColonialWebb rock—passionate, driven, smart, creative. ColonialWebb emphasizes developing talent and encourages everyone to better themselves. I think many of us have taken this to heart, you see a lot of individuals with an “always learning” mentality. ColonialWebb gives us a platform to collaborate and share new ideas, whether it’s with our local teams or in another state. Also, ColonialWebb is always good at finding and leveraging new tools and technology to help us get our jobs done more efficiently and communicate easier. I think we have a good thing going here and I couldn’t be happier to give my all every day with my friends here at ColonialWebb.

Cons

ColonialWebb is a fast paced organization, if you spend time with us you’ll see the high energy environment. If you can’t keep up with the pace you might struggle.

ColonialWebb is very progressive company in an industry that is typically slow to change. I believe this is largely due to a management team that sets a “high bar.” Management encourages us to develop new ideas to improve processes and challenges us to perform to the highest standards to make our customers happy. I would encourage upper management to continue to find new ways to show their passion to others in the organization.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ColonialWebb became my second family!

Former Employee - Service  in  Norfolk, VA
    Former Employee - Service in Norfolk, VA

I worked at ColonialWebb full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is amazing! Management will have your back personally and professionally. It is a team environment and motivates you to work hard and to do your best! I have never worked with a harder working group of people who also know how to have a great time!

Cons

My only cons would be benefits and PTO. I believe that this group of people work extremely hard and deserves to have at least 2 weeks from day 1.

Keep up the great work!! Keep motivating your teams and buliding the team moral! Also look into the PTO policy everyone deserves to have at least 2 weeks off for peronal time a year!

Work Hard, Play Harder

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at ColonialWebb full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

ColonialWebb has worked hard over the past several years to improve the way they recruit and retain their employees. ColonialWebb truly believes in investing in their employees and you truly become part of the family. They spend more money on training and furthering education each year than just about anything else.

We have monthly celebrations where everyone gets together and celebrates new team members, great things that've been accomplished in the past month, as well as birthdays and anniversaries. We also have events such as cornhole tournaments the day before Thanksgiving every year, chili cookoff every October, we have an annual summer picnic, and have employee engagement evens such as going to a Tide's game or attend a seasonal event.

We love to have fun, but do not be fooled - we work VERY hard. Often, employees get to the office before 7 and it's not uncommon to see people still here at 6 at night. Employees who work hard and continue to improve upon themselves, are rewarded accordingly and promotion is often done from within rather than looking outside of the company. This is not a company for those who want to work 8-5 just to collect a paycheck. This company requires committed employees.

Cons

The benefits aren't the best, but they're sufficient. Also, there is a six month waiting period for health insurance.

Some will view this as a con: This is not a company for those who want to work 8-5 just to collect a paycheck. This company requires committed employees.

Continue doing what you're doing and improving upon things you've already been working on. Work on spreading the energy to other offices.

Really try to evaluate the benefits to look for areas of improvement.

The best company I have ever worked for.

I have been working at ColonialWebb full-time

Pros

The people are fantastic, the pay is excellent, the atmosphere is one of collaboration. If you have an idea management wants to listen. Once you are on the team you have the ability to move up rapidly in the company. This is a great place to work. This however is not a place for the lazy people just looking for a paycheck!! You have to work hard, but why would Webb want anyone who doesn't work hard!

Cons

The only thing they need to work on is keeping up what they are doing currently!

Keep it up! Make sure you keep recognizing your employees!

Mechanical service is not a light bulb factory

Former Employee - Sales Engineer  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Sales Engineer in Washington, DC

I worked at ColonialWebb full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

They perform a lot of services,

Cons

The upper management comes from manufacturing, has no clue what it takes to run a good service business. You cannot teach technical skills in a week,, constructive criticism is frowned upon. success can only be achieved thru good people at the grass roots level Not factory pump and dump specialists

The parent company CSUSA should fire all senior executives, they were sold a bridge in the desert, This company is going down with the GE and Alcoa crew running it.t

Stable and long-term company that has effectively survived the ups and downs of the construction marketplace.

Current Employee - Regular Joe  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Regular Joe in Richmond, VA

I have been working at ColonialWebb full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The construction market has been very tough but they remained very loyal to their good performing people. Almost of of their promotions go to internal candidates. Their pay is up in the top percentiles. Their diversification in service and industrial refrigeration makes them diversified enough to survive the ups and downs of construction. There are lots of long-term employees.

Cons

There are still a few supervisors and managers that talk about servant leadership but don't act it. Construction is half of their business and the construction market is still weak. They are an agressive company when it comes to meeting customers' needs. If you can't stand that heat then get out of the kitchen!

Open your eyes and deal with your "posers". You have some great leaders but they are tainted by the bad ones.

Servant Leadership translated = I am the leader and you my servant,

Former Employee - Construction
    Former Employee - Construction

I worked at ColonialWebb full-time for less than a year

Pros

The office is clean and cofortable and the parking is convenient. The benefits package is desirable.

Cons

Management behavior is very unprofessional. Ethics are touted but not usual practice. Hostile work environment for those who choose to question the status quo. Be prepared be escorted to the door if you choose to question management in any way.

A lesson in professionalism and business ethics course is needed.

Serious re-education on what "Business Ethics" are.

Current Employee - Service Management  in  Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Service Management in Richmond, VA

I have been working at ColonialWebb full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Attractive building, plenty of parking and great for large egos.

Cons

Each department is held, managed and regarded as a private entity within itself {sharing information to better grow the company is not permitted}. Company motto "Your All Expendable!"

A Business Ethics course would be advised and a personal etiquette course wouldn't hurt.

Worked for ColonialWebb? Contribute to the Community!