Colony Specialty

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mark E. Watson III

Bad news

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsCan't think of any at this point, but the best thing is that I'm no longer part of this company.

ConsThere are many to list and I would say everything but that wouldn’t be specific enough so I will try and list them. On the surface, it looks fine without any reason to doubt that it is a successfully ran operation. I'm afraid that is not the case. Stiff office atmosphere, unspoken unhappiness in the air, unreasonable expectations placed on the staff without proper tools and authority being provided, lack of communication, lack of trust, lack of training, lack of materials, misleading, demanding, fake, depressing, negative, stressful with zero camaraderie.

If you're looking for employment misery, that is it.

This ship has sunk.

Claims Examiner (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsHealth, dental and vision care.

ConsYou are a number, not a person. Senior underwriters departed. Most jobs outsourced. Office leases expire December 2012.

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve and trust the hard workers who care about what they do because there are not that many left.

Worked for Colony Specialty? Contribute to the Community!