Color Wheel Paint

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Don Strube Jr.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Color Wheel Paint

ProsThey treat you with respect

ConsNo opportunity for advancement within the company

It's gone downhill

Orlando, FL

I have been working at Color Wheel Paint

ProsThe people are proud of the company's legacy, but the new owners are running it into the ground very quickly.

ConsThere are a lot of downsides these days. No promotion opportunities, no pay increases in 6 years. No bonus program. Lots of micromanaging.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your people! You have experts at every level, but there is no trust from management. If they left us alone, we would do just fine.

Comex Group does not understand corp culture and how to sales paint in the US.

Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Color Wheel Paint

ProsI hate to say it but its better than not having a job. There are still devoted people (good people) that are still working there but if they had other options they would be gone in a heart beat.

ConsToo many VP's without paint knowledge nor a grasp on what it takes to sale paint. Sales VP's and AM's talk a good game but have no customer base and can't bring in sales so they are dependent on the Field Reps.

Store service is good but it was the best overall in the industry but now Corp is cutting but people and hours, inventory, etc. and makes it hard for stores to supply customer needs.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake VP's, AM's, Business Dev Managers, etc. ALL responsible for sales numbers "personally" and stop blaming the Field Reps because you don't know how to sale, you can't motivate and there is no Leadership to inspire.

Also, the question on this page about "Do you approve of the way Gene E. Ponder is leading Color Wheel Paint?" is out of date. He has not been CEO for a long time.

Worked for Color Wheel Paint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Color Wheel Paint reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Color Wheel Paint CEO Don Strube Jr. . All reviews posted anonymously by Color Wheel Paint employees.