Colorado Mesa University

CEO

Growing University

Former Employee - Lecturer in Grand Junction, CO
    Former Employee - Lecturer in Grand Junction, CO

I worked at Colorado Mesa University part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love the academic setting. CMU is less formal than some universities. Lots of diversity. Good students.

Cons

The primary con applies to all colleges and universities; Adjunct pay is barely adequate for the work put in and time spent. It is nearly impossible to make ends meet without a 2nd job. This is the expectation, but in this more rural location, there are few additional jobs available, so it is an unreasonable expectation.

Perhaps more respect for adjunct faculty.

Great First Job

Current Employee - Event Staff in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO
    Current Employee - Event Staff in Grand Junction, Mesa, CO

I have been working at Colorado Mesa University part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great job on campus. You schedule around your time class and are not allowed to work during them so there is no way you have to worry about that sort of conflict. Experience gained on cash register, in selling tickets, working concessions stands and security. Got to go to all the games for free. You don't watch them all but you are there and have a chance.

Cons

Some employees sit around constantly. The "out door gear" looks great but its a simple light zip up and doesn't keep you very warm at 7pm January soccer games.

Keep up the good work, but when people don't show up or barely work, give them warnings. As well as maybe have a recommendation box.

It was a great learning experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO

I worked at Colorado Mesa University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The environment has this great growing, prospering, and expanding feel to it. Everybody is pretty friendly and helpful for the most part. I had many great opportunities there and it was a pretty positive experience.

Cons

Although the outside feel of everything is about expansion and progress, there were a few instances where expansion got in the way of details. A lot of things get left out when you're working on the bigger picture all the time.

Library Aide

Former Employee - Library Aide in Grand Junction, CO
    Former Employee - Library Aide in Grand Junction, CO

I worked at Colorado Mesa University as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Got a lot of homework done and could connect with students.

Cons

It can get really boring at times.

It was Pretty Good

Current Employee - Student
    Current Employee - Student

I have been working at Colorado Mesa University

Pros

It gave me information that is used in real life, the business department and faculty is great and help a lot.

Cons

I had to pay for the advice that I received at the University. It was a lot of Fun and games

organize better and they will have it. THey need to start gathering career information on their graduates. It would be very helpful