Colorado State University Reviews

179 reviews filtered by
4.2
Colorado State University President Anthony A. Frank
Anthony A. Frank

Pros
  • Fort Collins is one of the best places to live and the CSU campus is absolutely gorgeous (in 13 reviews)

• Great working environment where everybody help and sense of community (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay, mandatory retirement plan that does not fit well at this stage of your career (in 10 reviews)

• No benefits and working with people who have never had a job before (in 5 reviews)

1. Every thing you want!

I have been working at Colorado State University

Pros

Fort Collins is an awesome place to live and work. CSU offers a young lively environment with a focus on a sustainable future.

Cons

Fort Collins is dead in the summer when all the students leave some people view this as a con, however some view this as a perk!

The future of CSU looks great and is a place that everyone in the field of study should consider as an option.

2. Good place to work. Good people to work with. Company cares about their staff.

Current Employee - Student IT in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Student IT in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Colorado State University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

State job. Decent benefits. Good work environment. If you're a student employee they're flexible with your classes.

Cons

State job pay a little lower than private sector but benefits make up for it. Student employees don't get benefits.

3. Organization on the rise

Current Employee - Adjunct; Administrator in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Adjunct; Administrator in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Colorado State University full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, barely adequate compensation (4200 per course in liberal arts, 6000 per course in business assuming a PhD.), but dynamic and responsive work environment. Student body is getting better and the university continues to expand programmatic support for undergrads.

Cons

Adjunct faculty get paid per course and the institution ups your enrollments every semester. Lots of students and raises are meager (1-1.5% per year). Had to move into administration to pay the bills but was still able to teach one a semester to supplement the income. Administrative compensation is poor in most colleges at the university (40-50K).

Run by faculty, so the business acumen and responsiveness is poor. People in management become complacent because they have tenure and there is no incentive to improve. Review and provide constructive criticism to force change. Stadium decision considerably dented morale for instructors and faculty.

5. Colorado State is a great place to gain experience as an undergraduate student.

Former Employee - Undergraduate Research Assistant
    Former Employee - Undergraduate Research Assistant

I worked at Colorado State University

Pros

Fort Collins is a great location to live and has many things to offer. CSU itself has many good professors to learn from and many areas of research to explore.

Cons

The main negative of CSU is the funds the university generates are allocated effectively and as such some departments lack the funds they need to adequately educate their students.

I would recommend some better fund allocation; less money into sports and more money in the STEM projects.

6. Easy and Interesting hourly Job

Current Employee - Custodial in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Custodial in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Colorado State University part-time (less than a year)

Pros

easy, interesting people, works with my schedule

Cons

pay, monotonous, no freedom(not that its expected)

7. Generally a great company to work for

Current Employee - Assistant in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Assistant in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Colorado State University full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I have a fabulous boss, which always makes all the difference. The CSU campus is generally a great place to work - love the benefits.

Cons

Some units have more issues than others. Luckily I'm not in one of those. During busy times work-life balance is hard, but my supervisor cares about that and finds ways to compensate for it.

We have great leadership in Tony Frank - he really cares about the university and I trust his decisions. I really like my direct supervisor - that makes all the difference.

8. Graduate Teaching Assistant

Current Employee - Graduate Teaching Assistant in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Graduate Teaching Assistant in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Colorado State University part-time (less than a year)

Pros

It has been a great learning experience so far and I enjoy what I am doing. Interacting with students and sharing advice with them makes me more confident of my skills and my knowledge.

Cons

Sometimes, it gets hard to communicate with professors and understand what they really want me to do. Often, students do not follow instructions and make my life harder.

It would be helpful to scale down the amount of work that TAs are made to do every week. If we are appointed to work 20 hours a week, let us please work only 20 hours a week and not more.

9. Graduate Research Assistant

Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Colorado State University part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people and interesting research opportunities. Fort Collins is great and is close to the mountains.

Cons

Experience very much depends on who you work for. Support, pay, and resources are highly variable.

10. Supervisor

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Colorado State University

Pros

Good co-workers
    Flexible schedule with school
    Management is awesome
    Work is laid back
    Great college job

Cons

None that I can think of.

None

11. The Office of Admissions at Colorado State University is a great place to work!

I worked at Colorado State University

Pros

Awesome training programs, lots of opportunity for growth and very accommodating around your school schedule!

Cons

Compensation wasn't stellar but not horrible.

Colorado State University Photos