Colt Technology Services

www.colt.net

Colt Technology Services Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Colt Technology Services – Gurgaon – “Weekend :)”

Colt Technology Services President, CEO, and Director Rakesh Bhasin

Rakesh Bhasin

Pros
  • Work/Life balance was good as you weren't allowed to do any work at all(in 24 reviews)

• Attractive salary and benefits compared to competitors(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • No growth opportunities as the Indian SMT keep hiring their own relatives and they are the people who get the growth(in 3 reviews)

• Managers follow only process, even-though simplified solution available they don't encourage or believe to change(in 3 reviews)

Excellent company to work for

Technical Lead (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsThe best part about Colt is the reachability of every employee to its management even uptill CIO. The friendly atmosphere of the company towards its employees, various opportunities to learn and growth.
    One of the best companies in my 12 years of career.
    The communication from management to its employees is clear and timely done.

ConsThe inetrnal movement within the company is sometimes a challenge.

Lack of management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Barcelona (Spain)

ProsBenefits (ticket rest. insurances).

They rarely push you to work extra hours.

ConsManagement:

*Treats you as a student (old fashioned school).
    *Sets goals that are far away from the reality of the department (Goals dictated by Exco).
    *They pretend to have a paternalistic management style, but in reality they just impose things and people just accept them because otherwise your job can be in danger.
    *Are unable to organize processes according to departments objectives (they don´t even set department objectives).
    *Their only purpose is to save money at all costs: Dynamo Project = Dismissals of 10% of the workforce in Barcelona.
    *Unable to balance the workload organize and plan (basic management skills).
    *Management does not have a long term objective/strategy their focus is saving money.
    *They use "colt values" as a parameter to promote people: "colt values" they don´t even apply to themselves (management), a very subjective criteria (they don´t have a proper and objective evaluation system).
    *They promote change at all costs but don´t manage change in an efficient way: the employees´ well being is not a priority it is saving money.

There is no worst blind that the one that does not want to see.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo something.

Lots of potential!

Anonymous (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGreat people, good company perks and lots of potential as an organisation.

ConsStaff were overworked and the number of times it restructured was disruptive to the business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

As a temporary position it was ok...

German Speaking Technical Customer Support Agent (Former Employee) Barcelona (Spain)

ProsAs for the salaries and benefits Colt is a great place to work. You have a planned shedule for months in advance, the contract is fair enough and there are lots of great people at the company.

ConsI arrived at Colt in the middle of a major change in the system and it took extremely long for the company/teams to adapt to the new ways of working. It was all chaotic, the team-leaders had no time to help us integrate...it was a really deep water. The internal communication is not effective at all. Seemed like "the left hand didn't know what is the right hand doing"...

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate!

GOOD COMOANY WITH EXCELLENT SOCIAL BENEFITS

Team Leader (Current Employee) Barcelona (Spain)

ProsSOCIAL BENEFITS TICKETS RETAURANTS, HEALTH INSURANCE, NEW OFFICES

ConsHARD TO GROW in this company, positions are quite technical as well, the select people by feeling not necessary for skills

Advice to Senior ManagementNOTHING SPECIFIC

Once a good company is now full of nepotism and politics in India

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

ProsInsurance benefits, free food, free transport, learning opportunities

ConsThe CEO and EX-CO does not have any clues on what is going on. The CEO keeps making organizational level changes every now and then as all his plans so far have failed and making the company head for a disaster. No growth opportunities as the Indian SMT keep hiring their own relatives and they are the people who get the growth. Most of the performance reports sent to European management are fudged. Local management policies are like " You scratch my back and I will scratch yours" . Too much of group ism and politics and waste of money by way of spending it under wrong heads.

Advice to Senior ManagementCurrent CEO should be removed immediately as he lacks vision. All Senior departmental positions should be managed by Europeans and not Indians as that has been a trend for any successful MNC in India. Maruti Suzuki, Samsung, LG, Vodafone, Huawei, Tyco to name a few who do not have faith in Indian management system and try to imbibe their local management system/policies here in India.

Colt - Great Company

Consultant Project Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsSalary- highly competitive; Private Health, Shopping Discounts & Vouchers.
    Environment and values-highly competitive internal environment and highly political. Keep head down and do not rock the boat mentality.

ConsTo exhausted to use the private health, gym, bike discount and vouchers.
    Micro management, Haphazard marketing, portfolio & product road map planning.
    Senior Management making up new products without proper investigating and research just because Gartner said our competitors are providing specific unprofitable offerings.
    Ad Hoc Leadership and People Management.
    Slow, lack of structure and not using latest methodologies like Agile etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-org Great.
    The new vertical org map was done 6 -8yrs ago in other organisations and were not successful in driving growth or profit (or as some call it OPEX/CAPEX).Not sure why it feels like a start up when we don't even have Scrum Masters. If it is such a great company why is it hard to retain good employees and why are key team members or departments have such high record of ''long term sickness''. Very masculine, mascho. Chauvinistic, environment. Cannot measure internal marketing with Telefonica/ BT

good company

Network Engineer (Former Employee) Bangalore (India)

Prossalary, work-life balance, good work environment

Consno felxi timings...fixed working hours

Once a very successful shared service center, now heading towards disaster

Manager (Former Employee) Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Pros- Good salaries, HR policies and infrastructure
    - Flexible timings and work from home available
    - good work life balance

Cons- Management is clueless about what's going on
    - They do not believe in retaining talent and do not value their employees
    - Limited growth opportunities
    - To many re-organizations
    - Too much politics
    - They hire people like crazy and then ask them to leave ruining their career
    - Not for the place for people aspiring for growth and knowledge

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease get some clue of what you want to do with the company. You are ruining the life of your employees.

Customer Experience Analyst

Customer Experience Analyst (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsNice people.
    Opportunity of career progress

ConsInformation is going anywhere
    There are too many things and no focus on any single one

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should focus more on their employees and less on creating new projects where spent the money

Worked for Colt Technology Services? Contribute to the Community!