Columbia Hospitality

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John Oppenheimer

Good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe managers work with you and listen to any complaints. Benefits are good and payroll is always on time. PTO is awesome and more companies should offer it.

ConsEveryone is very busy and usually working 2-3 positions. Managers listen but follow through is null.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say you will do to help employees.

one of the better hospitality companies to work for

Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

Prosgood pay, benefits, work environment, management. company and direct managers really care about their employees.

Consovertime likely, which might be a pro at times.

Great team environment

Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsManagers are awesome. Team camaraderie was the absolute best part of the job!

ConsThe client-base is much different than any other hotel. A lot of medical guests, and they're not very happy for their stay, considering, you know, their situation.

Advice to Senior ManagementHousekeeping needs a lot of work. Other then that, they're great!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disorganized, bad communication, nepotism, and lack of quality leadership.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Snoqualmie, WA

ProsThere are some great and incredibly hard working people at this company. Get discounts at properties.

ConsUnfortunately those great people are all hourly. Senior leadership and upper management tend to treat hourly employee's like disposable assets. And the only way to really move up in this company is to have a friends in management. Promotions are based more on who likes you and not on job performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut more stock in quality and substance.

Diverse and challenging environment that taught me a lot

Cook (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsMany great people, professionally run organization and a chance to experience food service on a grand scale. Very little micro-managing, my kitchen team was empowered to problem solve and self-organize. Rarely boring.

ConsGeneral to the food service industry: not a lot of upward mobility. The mass of jobs are at or near the bottom and you can get more skilled and experience without really moving up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open about numbers, finance, and mid to long term road maps and plans.

Good company but experience ruined by a bad boss

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsMany leaders really try to live the company values. Discounted rates at the properties. A lot of great people work here. Free lunch.

ConsVery little recognition which can be demotivating. Some people/positions really stuggle trying to maintain work/life balance as more and more work is piled on them. Low wages. Senior leaders play favorites which is great if you are one of the favorites.

Worked for Columbia Hospitality? Contribute to the Community!