ComPsych

Be The First To
Add Photos

ComPsych Chairman and CEO Richard A. Chaifetz

Richard A. Chaifetz

Pros:
  • "Great location thats it for this company"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Convenient Downtown Location and great co-workers"
    in 4 reviews
Cons:
  • "Company is structured so there are tons of entry level jobs without room for growth"
    in 5 reviews
  • "very low team spirit and a work environment that has a very sad, dead vibe to it"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Overall not a bad place to work grateful for the opportunity.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOffice has great location in Las Vegas, one block off the strip and in a secure area, nice campus grounds to work at. The office has a small office feel, co-works help each other out and support one another. Manager has open door policy and is someone who is easy to talk to and actually listened to me. Not a lot of unnecessary turnover in the Las Vegas location. Headquarters seems bad with the turnover. Some people have been there since the beginning and are happy. There is room for growth and development it just take a long time to move up.

ConsA lot of constant change, couldn't keep up with it that's why I decided it wasn't the place for me. Pay could be increased, and maybe offer some type of incentive and insurance premiums are high.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better insurance benefits and not have constant change on procedures.

Depends on what department you're in..

ProsCompany likes to promote from within, but there is a ceiling to that. Great location in downtown Chicago.

ConsEverything was determined by my supervisor, it was difficult to make changes and adapt.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Worst job ever

Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsCan't think of any. Seriously.

ConsClaim Management awful. Bossy, spies, lack of knowledge or ability to train. Always dumping their work on peons. Rarely around when needed. Rarely get back to employees when they promise to. Have 2 related favorites to that "special treatment." Relatives are suppose to be in different sections or not sitting together. Not so here. People get fired on a regular basis. Can't wait to get out of here. Very toxic !

Advice to Senior ManagementThey will never listen to advice. They do not want to hear it. They encourage you to speak up and when you do they hunt you down and make your life miserable or fire you on some trumped up charges. Seriously.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company in transition.

ProsMy peers are a treat to work with and my department has excellent leadership. Director and team leads are GREAT managers, involved and always have your back. They are the foundation of this place and very committed to customers and us. They LISTEN to staff.

The work environment is now amazing. There are fabulous kitchens with flat screens and great food and coffee, 24-7. Management is so into it that they are got rid of the original containers and replaced them with better models.

Open enrollment university is progressive for a call center company.

The HR department from the SVP to the new generalists are professional, always available and a classy act. You talk to the head of the department and he LISTENS.

Movie night, Bulls tickets, job postings, sports sponsorships. This is change I can live with.

ConsQuality vs quantity has got to be better balanced. Too few calls, you’re called on it; too long on after call, mistakes and you’re in trouble.

Payroll and finance departments need to be updated like the 14th floor, soon.

Technology is hit or miss (mostly miss).

Sick time is the mystery calculation.

Fmla friends says its fun, but not well organized and training is poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost senior management here are tone deaf and seem to be more afraid of the ceo. They need to start LISTENING to staff. We have good ideas.

Toxic and immoral

FMLA Specialist (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsIf you are fresh out of school with no work experience, and you are one if the chosen ones, you gain some project experience.

ConsToo many to list.

Everyone is terrified of the main manager, and none of the team leads have a backbone to defend us. People are quitting left and right because of all the lies and negativity.

They even searched our instant messaging conversations and threatened to fire dozens of people if we didn't watch what we said.

There is no room for growth. They sell it like there is, but they have people supervising teams of 5-8 yet they only make 35k..I guess you can go to account management but that's a joke too. Half of them can't write an email without making a typo or saying something that hasn't been a policy in two years. But they get paid way more than us.

It's just a terrible toxic place, and it is not worth anything. HR can't keep a secret at all so you can't even talk to them or they run and tell our management. They don't do employee surveys because they know it would be ugly.

Just don't apply.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen people are quitting faster than you can hire Entry level employees, it's probably a good time to ask why.

Run away from this job

Guidance Consultant (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsIt's located downtown close to transportation

ConsPay is low.

Not worth the time spent in undergrad/Grad school it get the Master degree required for this job.

Team Leaders don't do much. There are 4 team leaders and only 2 of them knows what they are doing.

Your every move is watched. The company cares more about how long you're on a call, how long in between calls and how many calls you take, instead of the clients.

You would think that an Employee Assistant program would care more about the employees. I hate this place and wish I would have never applied to this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose the company until you learn how to run it

Terrible and Awful Company to work for - lack of opportunity and run away as fast as you can!

FMLA Claims Specialist (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsNone really. The coworkers are pretty good as they all understand what you are going through while working here. I would not wish working here even on my worst enemy, it is truly that terrible...

ConsThere are a lot of negatives:

- Management is harassing and truly does not care about their employees. For example one time I tried to give a suggestion and was told by my Team Lead that this is a business and we do not care about the opinion of a specialist. You're opinion does not matter and you need to show up, shut up, and do what you're told. (that was the last time I ever tried to give a suggestion for an improvement).
    - Also management has threatened to fire people and they watch your every move. They look through your interactions in the FSP database and if you go more than 15 minutes without having made a note, they will write you up for lack of productivity. They also monitor how often you use the bathroom and try to limit you to no more than 10 minutes of restroom time during the entire day.
    - You also are required to punch in and out on the computer even through you are salary exempt.
    - Everyone's computer has screen capture too and they have issued warnings that if you use the internet for anything unrelated to work (even checking the weather) you will be fired.
    - Speaking of firing people - they do that almost every other week - so always watch your back...
    - Pay is terrible and the benefits are expensive. Have you ever tried to make rent in a decent neighborhood in Chicago on 31K? It's pretty hard... Also the medical/dental are very expensive (over $130/month for the cheapest high deductible plan) and the 401k has no employer contribution and they could not care less about helping their employees plan for retirement.
    - Dr. Chaifetz is a control freak. He personally needs to approve any promotions or raises within the company, even though he is so far removed.
    - To add to the previous points - promotions from within are nearly non-existent. They often hire from the outside only and then management asks the specialist to train their new boss for 6 months (the learning curve is that high - which makes hiring from the outside even more frustrating).
    - The company is also unethical sometimes. Certain managers have asked people to hide statistics and errors from the Quality Assurance team to make their teams look better. It makes me wonder what else they're hiding and question their morals and ethics.
    - Vacation days are impossible to get approved. For the FMLA department, they only allow 3 people from claims and 3 from customer service to be off on any given day, which is ridiculous given the teams have 45+ and 85+ each. You are given 13 days off a year but unless you want to use those dates for random Wednesdays, you'll just end up losing them.
    - There are no career opportunities at this company. The turnover rate is about 1 year (2 tops). Nobody stays and everyone is looking for a new job constantly.

Moral of the story - don't apply here - it is a negative work environment that is hostile and you will guaranteed be looking for another job within 1 year. It is a terrible place to work and most of the employees are thoroughly unhappy....

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating everyone like they are disposable and do not micromanage as much.

Worst mistake of my life, do not work here.

ProsLocation, and the dress code is business casual, very casual.

ConsNo growth, no recognition, and departments do not work together.

Advice to Senior ManagementResign so people who truly care about people can take your role.

Toxic environment

FMLA Specialist (Former Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsBetter than homelessness I suppose.

ConsThe Las Vegas office is a toxic environment that is only getting worse. The majority of the staff act like teenagers participating in gossip and office politics that is far worse and more damaging than at most companies. Management is no better. Technology is outdated; benefits are expensive and provide mediocre coverage; sick time is basically non-existent as well as vacation time. There is absolutely no growth and no structure. For a company that prefers applicants to have degrees they sure are not willing to pay a decent salary. I encourage you to accept a job at this company if it is your last resort. The Las Vegas office is a revolving door of drama in a glorified call center.

Advice to Senior ManagementAnything said to management falls on deaf ears.

Bad Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsGood team members. Great location thats it for this company.

ConsPoor Benefits, Senior management only cares for thier key people ,There is very little scope for career growth and development as the technologies used are old so no new learning experience . Poor communication betweeen peers.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to know your employees better. They also carry valuable input.

Worked for ComPsych? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ComPsych reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ComPsych CEO Richard A. Chaifetz. All 76 reviews posted anonymously by ComPsych employees.