ComPsych

ComPsych Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

ComPsych Chairman and CEO Richard A. Chaifetz

Richard A. Chaifetz

Pros
  • Great location thats it for this company(in 8 reviews)

• Convenient Downtown Location and great co-workers(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Technology is outdated; benefits are expensive and provide mediocre coverage; sick time is basically non-existent as well as vacation time(in 4 reviews)

• Since there isn't much room for growth, if you're the kind of worker looking to move up - you won't find it here(in 4 reviews)

Very Surprised

FMLA Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsA friend of mine referred me to ComPsych. I wasn't too excited about the opportunity, but I needed a job. I was totally surprised. My co-workers were amazing and the fast paced work environment made the days fly by. There are definitely some areas that could be improved, but this was a perfect first job for me. I learned an incredible amount and gained great experience. I've gone back to school now, but I feel like I am much better prepared for the next job after I get my Masters degree.

ConsCareer development opportunities within the company not always clearly communicated.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany may want to consider investing in a meditation room or rest area to "re-charge our batteries".

Learning a Lot

Guidance Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThis is my first job and it has been a great experience. It took some time to adapt to the work environment, but I have learned quite a bit and I feel like this company gives you a good opportunity to learn at your own pace and succeed. My primary goal coming out of school was to try and give back, and at ComPsych I have had the opportunity to help A LOT of people. Also, while I have been here, the company has done a lot to improve the physical working environment.

ConsOffice building does not have a lot of food options so you have to go offsite or bring your own lunch.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would suggest the company offer more activities so we can get to know our co-workers a little better.

Wonderful Transition to a Great Company

Account Management (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Pros- Inspiring CEO with great vision.
    - Top Tier Customers
    - Dedicated Employees
    - Growing company
    - Entrepreneurial Environment

Cons- Given the nature of the work, it can be taxing.

Advice to Senior Management- Provide all employees a better forum to present new ideas.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Overall not a bad place to work grateful for the opportunity.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOffice has great location in Las Vegas, one block off the strip and in a secure area, nice campus grounds to work at. The office has a small office feel, co-works help each other out and support one another. Manager has open door policy and is someone who is easy to talk to and actually listened to me. Not a lot of unnecessary turnover in the Las Vegas location. Headquarters seems bad with the turnover. Some people have been there since the beginning and are happy. There is room for growth and development it just take a long time to move up.

ConsA lot of constant change, couldn't keep up with it that's why I decided it wasn't the place for me. Pay could be increased, and maybe offer some type of incentive and insurance premiums are high.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer better insurance benefits and not have constant change on procedures.

The worst job I've ever had!

FMLA Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsI love the location of downtown Chicago. Great coworkers, we share job postings and review each others resumes because we are all constantly looking for better employment!

ConsFMLA Specialists are underpaid for the amount of work. There is mandatory overtime and they have everyone on salary, so you get no overtime pay. They monitor your bathroom breaks and instant message you if you are 1 minute over your 15 min break. The screen capture program records your every mouse click and they will pull you into the office if they see you checking the weather during business hours. The training is poor. As a specialist you are supposed to be helping sick ppl on leave but you really offer no help, you're a call center rep passing the buck because that is what management told you to do.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut effort into making the job more efficient. Treat employees like people instead of machines and the turn over rate wouldn't be so high.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Epitome of Underemployed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsJust the location, seriously, no more.

ConsThere are too many to list but the top offenders are (1) incredibly low salaries, (2) zilch autonomy, (3) no room for personal or professional growth/advancement, (4) few vacation days, (5) did I mention the incredibly low pay?

Pretty much every position is entry level. Numerous people in my department have masters degrees (or higher) and are making in the low 30k. Pretty pathetic. As others have mentioned, you are paid to do exactly what you are told and they are not interested in improving operations or the overall environment. Thus, life at this company is mundane and consequently, one starts to feel his or her IQ dropping and loses all sense of accomplishment. If you want to feel like a dead end zombie, work here. If not, run for the hills!

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement doesn't care. No point in saying anything because as long as profits are high and Chaifetz is happy, they don't care.

Worst job ever

Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCan't think of any. Seriously.

ConsClaim Management awful. Bossy, spies, lack of knowledge or ability to train. Always dumping their work on peons. Rarely around when needed. Rarely get back to employees when they promise to. Have 2 related favorites to that "special treatment." Relatives are suppose to be in different sections or not sitting together. Not so here. People get fired on a regular basis. Can't wait to get out of here. Very toxic !

Advice to Senior ManagementThey will never listen to advice. They do not want to hear it. They encourage you to speak up and when you do they hunt you down and make your life miserable or fire you on some trumped up charges. Seriously.

A company in transition.

ProsMy peers are a treat to work with and my department has excellent leadership. Director and team leads are GREAT managers, involved and always have your back. They are the foundation of this place and very committed to customers and us. They LISTEN to staff.

The work environment is now amazing. There are fabulous kitchens with flat screens and great food and coffee, 24-7. Management is so into it that they are got rid of the original containers and replaced them with better models.

Open enrollment university is progressive for a call center company.

The HR department from the SVP to the new generalists are professional, always available and a classy act. You talk to the head of the department and he LISTENS.

Movie night, Bulls tickets, job postings, sports sponsorships. This is change I can live with.

ConsQuality vs quantity has got to be better balanced. Too few calls, you’re called on it; too long on after call, mistakes and you’re in trouble.

Payroll and finance departments need to be updated like the 14th floor, soon.

Technology is hit or miss (mostly miss).

Sick time is the mystery calculation.

Fmla friends says its fun, but not well organized and training is poor.

Advice to Senior ManagementMost senior management here are tone deaf and seem to be more afraid of the ceo. They need to start LISTENING to staff. We have good ideas.

Depends on what department you're in..

ProsCompany likes to promote from within, but there is a ceiling to that. Great location in downtown Chicago.

ConsEverything was determined by my supervisor, it was difficult to make changes and adapt.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Run away from this job

Guidance Consultant (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsIt's located downtown close to transportation

ConsPay is low.

Not worth the time spent in undergrad/Grad school it get the Master degree required for this job.

Team Leaders don't do much. There are 4 team leaders and only 2 of them knows what they are doing.

Your every move is watched. The company cares more about how long you're on a call, how long in between calls and how many calls you take, instead of the clients.

You would think that an Employee Assistant program would care more about the employees. I hate this place and wish I would have never applied to this job.

Advice to Senior ManagementClose the company until you learn how to run it

Worked for ComPsych? Contribute to the Community!