Combined Insurance

Updated Jul 18, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brad Bennett

Pros
  • Combined truly believes in their training, they are a company full of a Positive Mental Attitude and they highly encourage enthusiasm(in 6 reviews)

• Great positive mental attitude atmosphere(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Driving it is a door to door sales position so it requires you to drive to all your clients(in 9 reviews)

• go watch the movie the Crazies there are the distric and territory managers(in 10 reviews)

Like many jobs in life, it's what you make of it. Either way you are in control of your own destiny.

ProsGreat support, mostly made up of professional and motivated employees that understand relationship building and keys to success. To be honest, the Agent position is an excellent opportunity if you "have what it takes". People who have good personal skills, honest, hardworking and intelligent will do well. It is not for the weak willed or people looking for instant gratification because all good work takes time to master along with real/honest effort.

ConsThe truth is (and I mean this as objectively as possible) the Agent position is not as easy as it seems but can be very rewarding if worked at with the right attitude and planning. Also, it would be nice if the company helped out with some expenses for agents (although if you sell enough it's worth it anyways)

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest as much time and effort as you can in some of the people who may need it to get up on their feet and allow them to get the ball rolling for themselves with their business books.

Work company in America to work for

Territory Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsThe only pro to this company was the appreciation I had for my next job after leaving combined.

ConsIn order to be somewhat successful with this organization, you must give up at least 70 hours per week.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was in management.... Quit

Tey'll make you work 24/7

ProsIf you enjoy getting hooked on adderall then working 8am-10pm every day to make a dollar, and joining a business cult...

ConsOwned and run by Liars and Manipulators. At least in the NY " Ring of Diamonds" region

Advice to Senior ManagementGet an award and move on

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good

Insurance Sales (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsTo know their product very well

ConsNothing much to say the company

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Getting Scarey

Sales Agent (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Prosgreat flexible position and local leadership is of good quality.

ConsCompany has a great working model for environment but is definately getting rid of that in chase of the quick buck.... Becoming a churn and burn employee work place.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget the model of the man. Invest in the new age of business and quit letting the dinosaurs of old rise from the tar pit to try and reclaim the glory of a city that is not what it was when the upper managed roamed these lands.

I had a good working relationship.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Richmond, VA

ProsThey have a very good training

ConsMy immediate boss was not good to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat everyone the same

All They Care About Is Making Money / All Commission Job w/ no Salary or Benefits!

Sales Agent (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsThe initial training is good - they put you on a plane and send you to Chicago for two weeks all expenses pay. I did meet some really nice people, that seem to really care if I succeeded. In the initial week after you get back from Chicago your trainer or market manager will bust his butt trying to make sure you get your "initial award" in order to make everyone look good and prove to you that "Mr. Stones system really does work. The company is full of RA RA !! moments and you will definitely visit (drive) a lot of places the you didn't even know that existed.

ConsAfter your first week in the field - It all basically on you!! They tell you, that you can make as much as you want to. However, that is not a completely a true statement - your selling a product that people really don't need. The people your selling to are basically living paycheck to paycheck and are on a very tight budget ($20 can be too much for them to pay each month). Your basically running around all day around town with a book going from business to business (cold) trying to sell a $20 accident policy. Most people are nice, but some are not. Your spending lots of money on gas and eating out and now with the new national health care law - people have to buy health care and combined products are not considered "Major Medical". This is not a good career choice - don't be fool by all the talk about making millions and making all your dreams come true. Your dreams will soon turn into financial nightmares.

Advice to Senior ManagementShare the wealth !! Give you agents a basis salary to help them get through the tough times. Give them benefits from day 1. People should not have to starve just work for Combined.

Great training

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsSolid Training, good system for success

Cons75% advance on the 55% comp

Advice to Senior Managementincrease commissions; training is excellent

Sales agent.

Sales Agent (Former Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsTraining, advancement, culture, help when needed.

ConsNone, wish systems improvements could be done more quickly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on doing what you set out to do. Good, well prioritized plan.

Great Financial and Career Opportunity!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Buffalo, NY

ProsOpportunity to earn is unlimited and opportunity to move up within the company is based on performance, not tenure. Weekly and Monthly bonuses. Freedom to create ones own schedule.

ConsRequires use of a reliable vehicle, and is time consuming, must drive a half an hour or so for work on occasion. Dedication and ambition are necessary to succeed and excel above expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop employees who have been around for awhile, they are your strengths.

Worked for Combined Insurance? Contribute to the Community!