Comcast Reviews in Atlanta, GA

2,179 Reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,110 Ratings

Pros
  • The ONLY pro to working at Comcast is the super cheap cable and Internet (in 160 reviews)

• You get free cable service and free internet service with reduced rates on equipment (in 345 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 150 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

116 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Products and service is great.

Former Employee - Billing Agent in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Billing Agent in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefits are great, allowing you to spend more time with family.

Cons

Apologizing to customers, for employees who have been rude to customers.

Management always supporting team, and proving excellent service.

Interview

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Has so many incentives! Commission is great!

Cons

The pressure of meeting goals and stress of not having control on how your calls are judged

Management is great!

Okay place to work and gain some sales experience

Current Employee - Telesales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Telesales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Comcast part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great organisation, with lots of great benefits and incentives.. great discounts on Cable, Internet and phone services. Paid time off, 401k and health Insurance all okay... Constantly having competition with good rewards for employees.

Cons

Needs to pay better.. needs to improve customers services outlook...

Needs to care more about their customers

Company is stuck in the past. Not forward thinking. Managers are just puppets.

Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Comcast full-time

Pros

Great internet product. Really no competition in the market once customers are educated on pricing per meg. Business Branding has gotten better over time.

Cons

Not a Customer Driven organization. Poor customer service internal and external. Upper management doesn't seem to care about their people. Sales organization has turned into a revolving door. No one knows what they're doing.

Upper management needs Diversity, Diversity, Diversity. Mid-level managers need more backbone to tell Corporate what will and what won't work in market. Start hiring from within and stop bring people from the outside in to manage people and processes they don't understand.

Sorry Local Leadership!

Former Employee - Technical Operation Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Technical Operation Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Comcast is a great Company with great objectives, their goals are good and the company direction is good.

Cons

The direction, company goals, company objectives from Philadelphia gets lost in the local markets, the individuals in leadership are put in place based on the kiss up factor and not based on qualifications factors. I have experienced discrimination of employees, customers as well as unethical actions taken by management.

Philadelphia should take more interest in company surveys, and take into consideration that the baseline employees are the true voice of the company!

Good solid company to work for.

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very flexible most of the time which offers a work-life balance. The culture is very laid-back. Get benefits and incentatives!

Cons

Base could be more, charge backs are the worst (reps are held accountable for 120 days on each account they sell). Weather: Extreme heat and cold
    Work Saturdays

More structured job advancement opportunities.

Great company, on the way up.

Current Employee - Strategic Enterprise Account Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Strategic Enterprise Account Executive in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Strong products, opportunity for advancement, awesome benefits.

Cons

Not quite yet viewed as a true enterprise level telecommunications provider.

Great place to work in the Midwest, awful in Georgia!

Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

In the North it was extremely organized, employee development was priority, fare wages, support from upper management and as leaders we were empowered to truly ead to our employees independently.

Cons

Transferred to the South and it was awful! No organization, ridiculous wages, little to no support from upper management, HR was almost non existent and inconsistent practices. The focus was always on numbers and very little on the employees and/or customers except the occasional employee appreciation days to pacify employees. I experienced this in two different departments, leaving one in hopes that it was an isolated departmental issue, unfortunately it was not! After fifteen years with the company, I decided to leave Comcast. Had I stayed up North, I'd still be there today but here in Georgia, Comcast is an awful place to work!

Corporate should take a look the practices of Georgia and the southern division as a whole. I guarantee the high attrition rate is due to unfair wages, inconsistent leadership practices, little to no HR support and minimal training. The numbers by any means necessary idea will only work for so long before it comes back to bite the division as a whole.

Great Part Time Opportunities

Current Employee - TELESALES Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - TELESALES Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at Comcast part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Employee benefits are awesome.

Cons

The management department can be slightly unprofessional and the computer systems are always on the fritz.

There needs to be more consistent training as well as more professional people hired within the company

All over the place

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits...thats about it. If it wasn't for that, i would've left a long time ago.

Cons

Don't pay enough. Multi billion dollar company and i only make 11.31/ hr as a sales consultant in a service center. I've been with the company 2.5 years and have worked in 3 different departments. There's no proper training for employees. Every department will tell a customer a different story. Every department has a different offer. Different rules of what you can and cannot do in every department. Customer service is Horrible. They tell customers any and everything and we (in the service centers) are left to deal with the problems and get yelled at by angry customers. The company is expanding, yet they are eliminating departments and employees are losing their jobs.

Take some time to see whats going on with your employees on the front line. We slave for this company, yet we're undervalued. Management cant even do what we do.