Comcast

Comcast Reviews in Centennial, CO

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts

Brian L. Roberts

Pros
  • Great co-workers and wonderful benefits (free cable and internet)(in 139 reviews)

• Benefits, Free cable/internet/phone (all the channels) - that's an immediate(in 316 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service(in 128 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created(in 38 reviews)

11 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work

CAE - IP Support Specialist (Former Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsGreat benefits, decent pay, great working environment

ConsShifts are horrible at first. FMLA/Short Term Leave insurance company isn't very good

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter advancement opportunities

Great Place to Work

CAE III, Commercial Customer Service (Tech Support T1) (Current Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsGood pay, benefits, discounted cable and quarterly bonuses. From what I was told this was a very good call center to work in.

ConsIf you don't like call centers don't apply. This was my first call center and I hated it. Took the job for the money but left because it was making my life miserable.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop sending out reports about every single stat

Data Center Engineer position

Data Center Engineer (Former Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsGreat coworkers. Great values. Successful growing business.

ConsThey tend to treat people poorly. Terrible schedule for night shift workers. No flexibility even when new schedule is proposed.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hold double standards. Lead by example by being at work instead of out golfing. Show up to your 1 on 1s with your employees with a pen and paper ready to take notes and listen.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Quickly Expanding

Business Sales and Retention Representative (Former Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsGreat work environment. Plenty of support

ConsBecause it is expanding so quickly, it may be difficult to adapt to the always changing procedures.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Exciting, never ending evolution of products.

Senior Network Engineer (Current Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsGreat benefits, good people and fun at times.

ConsStressful, work off hours, management need people skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going, don't kill your people.

Cheap Greedy company that puts profits above all else .. Don't wast your time!

Enterprise Technician (Current Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsBenefits are good but not enough to overlook the Con's

ConsCompany only cares about the "Optics" That is how it looks on paper and not weather it is good for the company or customers. There is an ever growing emphasis on numbers and metrics which have no real bearing on how the company is truly doing and are only designed to drive productivity at the cost of customer/ employee satisfaction. There is an utter lack of any type of legitimate effort to improve customer service and the same bad practices that have given Comcast their reputation has is now spreading thoroughly into the Business/Enterprise side of the house. Apathy should be the Comcast motto as it spreads from the top down with the absolute lack of caring from senior executives. Comcast puts profits above all else and continue to get worse year after year especially since the NBC Universal acquisition. If your considering employment with Comcast do yourself a favor and look elsewhere and save yourself a whole lot of stress and disappointment unless you like working for a company that discourages critical thinking, creativity , doing what is right for the customer etc... Comcast continues to get worse every year and I cant wait to get out. My only regret is that I have been dumb enough to stick around as long as I have... Avoid my mistake and don't even waste your time in the first place.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a Clue! Comcast ranks in the top 5 works customer service company's year after year and are quickly developing the same poor reputation in the business /enterprise markets which are the only growth left in the business. Make an effort to make your employees and customers happy.

Necessary

Partner Support Coordinator (Former Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsOvertime was great, made some good relationships

ConsManagement was horrid and did little to help the growth of the company and employees

Advice to Senior ManagementBe nice and help others!

About Comcast Business Class

Business Sales Representative (Former Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsThe greatest part time job that you'll ever have, while at the same time getting Comcasts' premium products for close to nothing a month.

ConsFor starters as a Sales rep you have no control of the sales flow process. Speaking solely for the Business side, the chances of the products that you sell getting installed in there so called "footprint" that they heavily market too, MN, UT, CO, NM, OR,TX,WA, and NOR CA has only a 40% serviceability forcing you to sell for adjusted canceled orders and delays to install. This position is in no way able to support the amount of reps, 100 or so, that they have to be truly successful. Does not promote within keeping top reps in a state of limbo. Does not allow the ability to earn six figures, but with sales reps being the easiest creatures to "sale" to, recruitment managers and HR will tout it as a such. This is a true call center job, that dulls career minded, forward thinking, innovative creative people to become complacent in there abilities, and then made to feel that you're the problem. If you want a place to cool your heals while the job market picks back up this is a perfect way station to gather oneself until something better comes along.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts broke. Fix it!

fast look up

Tech II - Business (Current Employee) Centennial, CO

Prosfast look up and includes multiple companies for consideration

Consskill level not included
    some of the postings are filled already

Advice to Senior Managementinclude experience, types of work done and compare previous or current employment learned systems and skills to current applied position

tedious

Business Sales Representative (Current Employee) Centennial, CO

Prostheir benefits are the best ever

Consyou are micromanaged, the job is boring, you have to clock in and out

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!