Comcast Reviews

Reset
3.4
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts

Pros
  • you get free cable and internet (in 172 reviews)

• Other than free cable that goes out constantly nothing else really appeals to me (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It's as if the only idea they could think of was to hire retail managers with experience in customer service (in 153 reviews)

• Work life balance is not important (in 46 reviews)

1. Great company

Current Employee - Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

To put it quite simply, I am taken care of. As a tech, I was provided training, tools, uniforms, and a truck to drive to and from home. YES! I am paid to come to work. On top of this, Comcast does provide a lot of benefits such as complimentary services (cable, internet) and deeply discounted prices on rentals of equipment. You start off with two weeks vacation, then another week at 5 yrs and another week of vacation at 10 yrs; 4 weeks after 10 yrs. You are also paid for holidays and overtime holiday pay if worked. They recognize 7 federal holidays. They also provide more PTO called flex (personal day) for an additional 64 hrs and three floating holidays of your choice. So after 10 yrs, 4 weeks vacation +7 holiday's off + 64 hrs flex (PTO) + 24 hrs of floating holidays. That is all paid. You also get the other goodies too, health, dental insurance etc. I have learned A LOT working here and with the company being very large, you can always switch departments if something isn't working out. Also when calling off here, you don't have to fake that you are sick *cough *cough, or your great aunt is dead. You call in and tell your supervisor "I'm not coming in today" and that's it. No drawn out excuse or harassment about not coming in. I was told about the call-off policy day one. They explained to me "We only need to know if you are coming in or not, your personal life is YOUR business not Comcast's". I agreed completely. I wish other companies would adopt a similar policy.

Cons

While the benefits are great the pay doesn't feel very competitive, especially for top performers. You are typically mired at about an average 2.5% overall annual merit increase (4% if you are VERY lucky). The company does conduct an annual survey to get feedback, as a result Comcast has implemented certification programs that offer a small pay bump as well as quarterly bonuses. While these are still great additions, the certification programs still leave a bit to be desired. Bonus pay is paid company wide based on team effort/company goals, meaning you could work your butt off and your colleague can be dunking donuts, doing bare minimum all day and you would still be paid the same bonus.

Advice to Management

Reward top performing employees, create more opportunities to grow.

2. Comcast

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Comcast (More than a year)

Pros

Great company Benefits, they do a very good job of training employee for the job. One of the best health care programs I have used, plus free cable television.

Cons

Long hours with a lot of changes easy to burn out.

3. Pretty good place to work

Former Employee - Customer Account Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Account Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The environment is pretty laid back. They have a good vacation and time-off plan. Benefits are good

Cons

Job routine could get monotonous. Commission structure changed SIGNIFICANTLY (i.e. people were making too much money)

Advice to Management

Management was friendly and pretty much knew everybody by name..not too many complaints there

5. So far so good.

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co workers that are always willing to help. Relaxing environment. Able to work on a task from start to finish when other companies might rush you to get things done.

Cons

The overall pay is under what I was expecting and what I felt I deserved. We will see when it comes time for pat raises.

6. DSR group full of rejects who couldn't get a job as ratcatchers

Former Employee - Dsr in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Dsr in Chicago, IL

I worked at Comcast (Less than a year)

Pros

none nothing get out as quickly as you can

Cons

everything under the sun the chicago dsr group under mike hanna is populated by idiots and mike hanna is the chief idiot the culture if you can call it that is street thug slimebag

Advice to Management

get rid of idiots like mike hanna or so called managers like mendhelsson , the dsr group is full of lowlifes who can barely understand intelligent speech hire some normal people who can follow conversations properly !

7. Residential Sales Supervisor

Current Employee - Residential Sales Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Residential Sales Supervisor in Chicago, IL

Pros

Competitive pay for performance $65-90K, great benefits, ability to advance. Fast paced sales environment. Industry leading services, financially strong company.

Cons

Weather! your out during the good and the bad. Work life balance is not the best. Expect to work 6 days a week including nights and weekends. Also numbers are by far the most important factor in this position and you are evaluated bi-weekly for performance.

Advice to Management

Success is achieved when employees feel valued. Setting performance expectations are both expected and ok in a sales environment, but make sure to treat employees as people not just numbers.

8. Careers

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comcast provides a career channel and benefits to further your education. I plan on starting classes in the fall, and this is only one of the many perks.

Cons

Be prepared to grind everyday, but there are real benefits that you will reap so its all good.

Advice to Management

Discuss career channels with employees Hold mentors accountable

Door to door

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job has a decent benefit package and is very flexible if you have children. The supervisors are awesome.

Cons

The neighborhoods that you are assigned sometimes are less than favorable and upper management is ridiculous and could care less about their employees. All they want is sales. They still expect you to work in below zero weather. Its quite ridiculous

good company, good benefits

Current Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

they have great benefits

Cons

the pay is lowest in its market

Advice to Management

listen to the needs of the employees

11. Xfinity Store Manager Great Place to work and grow your career

Current Employee - Xfinity Store Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Xfinity Store Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Comcast (Less than a year)

Pros

The opportunity to work for an industry leader that believes in the value of the employees that work here. There Is a great company culture. Leadership is charged and evaluated on how they treat their employees. Best company I have ever worked for. I look forward to going to work everyday. Various employee groups to join like the Veterans' group. A solid commitment to work life balance and obtainable commissions.

Cons

General public's perception of the company continue to work to improve it. This can be a drag on morale

Advice to Management

Continue to double down on improving customer service. Rollout new products quicker and to all sales channels at the same time. Continue to support employees double down on those efforts too..

Showing 72 of 3,341 reviews