Comcast

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts

Brian L. Roberts

32 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

great

Communications Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Prosovertime and autonomy, work and life balance

Consweather, unwanted overtime, upper management

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to employees

Great place work.

Network Engineering Technician (Current Employee)

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than a year

ProsThe people, the leadership. The strength of the company's financials.

ConsSometimes the pace of change is very quick and other times it can be slow.

Sales Rep

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than a year

ProsTraining pay is very competitive

Consunqualified supervisors. They don't promote who's most qualified they promote strictly by numbers and connections

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It was great at first, but...

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than 3 years

ProsBenefits, PTO, great pay for great work, fun environment.

ConsHorrible communication with management, lack of consistency with supervisors, lack of advancement opportunities, a lot less pay and benefits then previous years.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor a telecommunications company, communication through supervisors/managers is atrocious. I would receive quite a few different answers from different leadership...I mean they were off by a long shot. Also, benefits for call center employees has drastically decreased which in turn has hurt employee morale. Communication with techs is impossible from sales end, which has hurt customer interaction on calls.

Good company just not loyal to hardworkers

Comm Tech IV (Current Employee)

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGive you all the equipment you need to succeed give bonuses and let you take truck home with good benifits

ConsWhen making a decent amount of money they find any reason to let you go take all your time and bleed you for everything not loyal they just care about revenue

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to change some policies firing good workers for small problems and keeping the ones who does bigger problems aint right

Great place to start

Network Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGreat place to build your resume and gain experince

ConsPay, work/life balance both are areas of improvement

Rollercoaster Ride that became a constant uphill ride. Two stars for the benefits.

Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat health care benefits! 401K. Stock purchase plan at a discount. Close to free cable, internet and phone. Pay was great IF you hit your quota. A lot of nice people that worked there in sales.

ConsBecame a highly micromanaged environment especially if you didn't hit your numbers. Tracked your movements and door knocks via GPS(that wasn't accurate over 50% of the time) on company issued IPad. Got pulled into the supervisors office to explain why my GPS only moved twice in four hours. After being accused of dispositioning houses while sitting in my car I pulled up the video that I took of me dredging my way back to my car from a half mile away in a white-out blizzard that day(just by chance to record how bad it was and yet still expected to work in a dangerous situation)...much to the shock of my supervisor. Turns out that I got a sale the next day from a customer that I supposedly didn't talk to because I was "sitting in my car".

Unsafe to walk at night, in the winter, in the cold, on icy ground, all the while staring at a bright Ipad screen that makes it hard to see after taking your eyes off of it. Unsafe and leaves a person very vulnerable.

Random calls and texts from supervisors at 12:15 am, 1:15am, 1:45am, 5:15am, 5:45am, 7:15am, 10:30pm, 11:15pm, that are never important and are on days off a lot of times.

Almost no way to move up or laterally in the company now. If you have a bad stretch and go on to "The Sales Success Plan"(nothing successful about it and does NOTHING in the way of helping you get off of the Plan.

Always a fear of getting fired.

Supervisors encouraging fraudulent sales tactics that involved identity theft and yet allowed to remain in the company. You are told that, "you'll never meet your numbers if you don't do what I am telling you".

People won't speak up to HR for fear of losing their jobs yet told to have integrity and honesty and let them know when something wasn't right.

Customer service is horrible...period!

I know that a lot of this might sound like sour grapes but it isn't. It IS the job and I felt that the truth needs to be told. These are just a few of the issues that were witnessed.

The position needs to be unionized.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou're losing some really good people and turning what could be a great career in to a job that became no fun to go to. Give them a break with that "Sales Success Plan" especially in the winter months. There are people in management that should not be there.

Shady company

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGood benefits and free cable

ConsGood old boy network, as long as you suck up to your Director you will be safe. They don't properly account for your sales. They have violated so many Labor Laws

If you like hell....

Comm Tech (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Comcast full-time for less than a year

ProsThey pay you pretty well if you haven't gone to college and give you free cable.

ConsFor what you do the pay sucks by comparison and if you are smart you'll be criticized for it?

Advice to Senior ManagementStop giving non-constructive criticism to your employees.

Great place to work

Fiber Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than 10 years

Prosflexable hrs great people company truck

Consworking out doors long nights meetings

Advice to Senior ManagementNone to give

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comcast reviews and ratings in Chicago, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Comcast CEO Brian L. Roberts. All 32 reviews posted anonymously by Comcast employees.