Comcast

Updated Jul 24, 2014

3.1 1,933 reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts

Brian L. Roberts

Pros
  • Great co-workers and wonderful benefits (free cable and internet)(in 139 reviews)

• Benefits, Free cable/internet/phone (all the channels) - that's an immediate(in 316 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service(in 128 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created(in 38 reviews)

1,933 Employee Reviews

Good company, but high stress

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Miramar, FL

ProsVery high paying commission is available

ConsConstantly changing quotas are hard to meet for most employees

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain better

i enjoyed comcast

Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

Proslaid back enviroment, i enjoyed the contest and prizes for various things..i loved my teammates

Consthe metrics can be reported incorrectly, scheduling is set in stone ,,i worked the 3-midnght for a year

Great Company

Supervisor (Former Employee) Tallahassee, FL

ProsGood benefits and pay. Great people.

ConsConstant change. Not too many cons.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep your quality people. It takes years to get the experience and knowledge necessary to answer customer questions correctly. I certainly understand the necessity of controlling costs but I believe you are inadvertently creating more churn through through your current policy of dismissing senior employees and recruiting new lower paid employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good, well performing company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company offers good benefits and competitive salary. They have good HR support and management work for consistency in management practices.

ConsBecause they are a larger company, you need to be conscious of becoming one of the numbers. Also the shifts were constantly changing making it hard to plan life events.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay focused on your employee's and capitalize on their strengths and experience.

Great Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is a great place to work. The people you work with are great. The work environment is friendly and everyone is willing to help. They really do care about their employees.

ConsIt is sometimes hard to get time off and schedules are picked for you. Overall, it is one of the best places I have ever worked at.I don't have anything to complain about.

Great Company

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat pay! Great people! Nice building.

ConsNo space for contractors. Everyone is just jammed together at small desks.

Great place to work!

Employee Development Instructor (Former Employee) Concord, CA

ProsFun, great pay, company was always on the cutting edge of new products and services. Good diversity and growth opportunities.

ConsMany changes occurred before my position was eliminated. Our jobs involved less creativity and more rote activities.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to develop growth opportunities for L&D professionals

Comcast is an amazing place to work for any tech professional

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsYou'll work with some truly innovative products that reach millions of customers. Good compensation and fantastic work-life balance. Comcast is also dedicated to community projects, making it a rewarding place to build a career. Real opportunities for career growth if you are proactive in seeking them out.

ConsEngineering teams tend to be siloed, and there tends to be a lot of replicated work as a result.

Not a bad company

Technician (Former Employee) Toms River, NJ

ProsEasy job freedom to do other things im between jobs pay could be very good as long as productivity is good

ConsThere is almost no room to grow and supervisors make less money than technicians at times and the hours can be enjoyed long

They take care of their employees

Customer Account Executive II (Former Employee) Fort Myers, FL

ProsManagement was great
    HR was understanding of personal issues
    There's so much opportunity to advance/change positions at Comcast. If you don't like your department, try another one. They usually promote from within. The whole 3 years I was there I think there was only one supervisor who was hired from outside rather than promoted.
    The commission structure was amazing back then, too. I don't know how they do it now. Also, there were always incentive programs. People won cruises, TVs, gift cards, electronics, all

ConsEverything is based off stats and spreadsheets. You really have to understand the numbers you're supposed to hit, and then hit them. It can feel like you're being micromanaged since the system records every little thing you're doing and reports to your supervisor when something isn't right.

Advice to Senior ManagementWho am I to give you advice?

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!