Comcast

Updated Jul 23, 2014

3.1 1,931 reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts

Brian L. Roberts

Pros
  • Great co-workers and wonderful benefits (free cable and internet)(in 139 reviews)

• Benefits, Free cable/internet/phone (all the channels) - that's an immediate(in 316 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service(in 128 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created(in 38 reviews)

1,931 Employee Reviews

Too many changes and side work, need employees to concentrate on doing their assigned jobs consistently

ProsGood place to work, try to take care of their customers. Great benefits

ConsNot too many jobs to move up in the company. Some people are not held accountable putting the work on others

Advice to Senior ManagementFewer changes. Train people in their jobs to be effective and make them accountable. Wait to introduce side projects until the person does their job well.

Great people, great place to work

IT Support (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsMost leaders are employee focused. You get what you put in

ConsDifficult to get into leadership if that what your looking for

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more chances on folks interested in leadership

Solid company, somewhat to my surprise. They will continue to find ways to be successful.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsComcast is a solid company that has been building steam over the past 20+ years into now a huge corporate entity. They have been very successful and methodical.

ConsToo large, things take forever to get done. (But when they do, they generally are done well). Bad customer service reputation. Headquartered in Philadelphia which isn't the best place to travel to.

Advice to Senior ManagementBenefits are great. Consider finding ways to continue to be faster with innovation.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

happy there

DSR Winback Representative (Current Employee)

Prosgreat place to work. my boss is great and if you are hitting your numbers leaves you alone. pay is very good for what we are doing

Consthere is no place to move up. I make more then my manager and she works twice as hard as I do. selling xhome is not fun

Advice to Senior ManagementWe are paid well. Stop basing our bonus on selling xhome. That is how unions start.

Awesome benefits

Rep2, Administration Clerical (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsHi Speed Internet, Cable TV is free. You only need to pay for your boxes. Company is great to work for. Lots of flexibility. Quarterly and yearly bonuses.

ConsCommunication is horrible. Opportunities for advancement is good but depending on what department. As for Administrative Assistant, you have no way to move up on the ladder unless you apply for a different position in another department.

Customer Service is Paramount

ProsThe experience of utilizing all aspects of customer service, interacting with customers, billing, coding, troubleshooting and subsequent problem solving have been of immeasurable value during my employment.

ConsThe pay should reflect the effort and work associated, of which the company is attempting to correct. On my end, the opportunity to advance is not as frequently available as I would like. Employee retention is not as high at this place of business as past employment opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Great experience

Finance (Current Employee) Plymouth, MI

ProsFun company to work for.

ConsNo career path with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more money and create career path.

Experience has been good

Network Engineer (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFree (pay for box) Cable, Free (pay for modem) internet, Free Phone

ConsLower Salary Range and Advancement oppertunity

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Great place to grow and develop

Senior Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsThis company offers so many opportunities to employees to learn and grow.

ConsSlow to adapt to market pressures.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Very political, not at all customer focused

Director of Sales (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsTime off policy was acceptable, equity grant for Director level was acceptable

ConsVery political, not at all customer focused, constant re-organization, poor work-life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in employee retention rather than constantly re-organizing to try and save a buck

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!