Comcast Reviews in Denver, CO

2,121 Reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,079 Ratings

Pros
  • The ONLY pro to working at Comcast is the super cheap cable and Internet (in 158 reviews)

• You get free cable service and free internet service with reduced rates on equipment (in 341 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 147 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights

103 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Comcast is the place

Former Employee - Technical Operation Supervisor  in  Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Technical Operation Supervisor in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people and benefits. Plenty of opportunity and recognition.

Cons

Be sure to select the right opportunity for you.

Be sure to remember your loyal contributors after they are gone. Most of us would another opportunity.

Comcast

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor  in  Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can't beat the benefits and perks.

Cons

The bottom line is high pressure. Many people get burned out.

Use Six Sigma to cut out the fat.

It's great, family oriented type environment, fast-paced and somewhat challenging

Current Employee - Human Resources Shared Services Representative I  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Human Resources Shared Services Representative I in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

This position provides a great opportunity for those who are looking to work in HR to gain experience quicker, consistently build upon your HR craft and exposure to all competencies that HR has to offer

Cons

It is a call center setting, so it is not a true HR environment because it is a consolidated HR operation. This is negative because there is lesser opportunity in the field because of the ESC centralized control over the HR functions

Allow more diversification to this role in terms of opening up field HR positions so it will give hope and direction to eventually growing out of the HR call center to being an HR professional in the field

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lots of opportunity!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was excited to take this opportunity because for the first time I felt like a company actually cared about their employees. Given the size of Comcast, I did not think this level of commitment to employee development existed however, Comcast offers great career progression and offers tuition reimbursement so that if you want to move up, you have the resources to do so. Comcast conducts an employee survey every year and really takes the feedback to heart. In the time that I have been here, I have been asked to assist on two initiatives that were a result of employee feedback. To some, this may not seem like a lot, however given the size of the organization and how easy it would be for Comcast to say they are too big to address concerns, the fact that leadership truly values employee feedback and wants to make improvements and never stops improving, that to me says a lot about the dedication of the leadership team at every level. The other nice perk are the almost free services offered to employees. My household saves about $200 per month thanks to employee services and that is a nice pay increase.

Cons

The total compensation package is competitive however, the base pay/starting pay can be low. Salary can be made up through career progression however, the initial hourly wage can be a bit of a shock. Benefit offerings are good however, the waiting period for benefits to start seems a bit long to me. 401k match is offered, however it is 1.5% lower at Comcast than where I worked previously.

Continue to listen to the employees in the field. The field employees are invaluable and their insight and knowledge will only help Comcast to continue to improve and be the best provider of services on every level. Also consider evaluating base compensation, it seems to be low in the market, although the overall compensation is fair, base compensation is still critical to employees. Comcast is a great place to work and leadership clearly values employee feedback - I would like to see leadership do more around telling the employee stories of success and how employees make an impact every day to both internal and external customers.

Challenging

Former Employee - Senior Communications Professional  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Communications Professional in Denver, CO

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits are great! Aside from receiving free cable, internet and phone services; the health benefits are fantastic and the opportunity for advancement is good, pending you've set yourself up for additional training and career pathing.

Cons

Call center work is tedious; however, you really learn alot about the company through the eyes of its customers.

Engage customer service agents more and empower them to own their jobs.

Comcast

Former Employee - Technical Operation Supervisor  in  Greenwood Village, CO
    Former Employee - Technical Operation Supervisor in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Overall, a decent company to work for, good benefits about average salaries.

Cons

Internal politics are brutal, HR is far more likely to listen to the higher levels of management than any front line employee. The company, as a whole, seems more interested in releasing the new and exciting over getting existing systems to work properly before forging ahead.

Good pay, great benefits, terrible corporate culture.

Former Employee - Customer Account Executive II  in  Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Customer Account Executive II in Denver, CO

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, fair compensation.
    Fantastic product offerings.

Cons

Outdated equipment, such as corporate computers all still running Windows XP in 2014.
    Increasing pressure to sell to every customer, despite being technical support and customer service agents. The focus has truly become sales first, problem solving second.

Take your agents more seriously. You have some phenomenal talent in those seats and are consistently hiring outside for supervisory and management positions instead of cultivating that talent and promoting.

Provider of great products, but culture could use some help.....

Current Employee - Director  in  Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Director in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leader in video, internet, voice and security automation products.

Cons

Very difficult to drive accountability at the front line due to employee engagement process.

It's admirable that Human Resources stands behind the customer facing employees. This is the first organization I worked for where Human Resources didn't stand behind mid-level management. Improve upon this and Comcast would be a great place to work at all levels.

Great place to work

Former Employee - CAE - IP Support Specialist  in  Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - CAE - IP Support Specialist in Centennial, CO

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, decent pay, great working environment

Cons

Shifts are horrible at first. FMLA/Short Term Leave insurance company isn't very good

Better advancement opportunities

I regret leaving my previous employer for this disorganized place. I'm embarrassed to say I work here.

Current Employee - Business Sales Representative  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Business Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

You know your work schedule, M-F, every holiday and weekends off. TV & Internet are essentially free, just pay for the equipment.

Cons

So many things out of your control. Number of calls you can take are restricted even though you get a ton of pollution on your phone, i.e. non sales calls. You literally only take the order. Someone else builds the account and the services on the account. Someone else determines if it's serviceable or not. Another person does the install. So many people can affect the order. Someone else leaving off a service or selecting the wrong service, or not scheduling a port of phone numbers, or turning off the customers services early, or the tech not showing for an installation or even going to the install without a modem or cable tv box. It's not hard to get someone to sign up for service...it's just hard to get them service. So many customers call in that we can't provide service to and we will know it in the first minute of the call, yet we are still expected to spend 10+ minutes or so going through our consultative sales flow sheet, uncovering their needs and still getting them to sign, getting their hopes up, sending the order for a site survey which can take up to 7 business days to get a result on and then telling them, sorry, we're not able to provide you with service. This is the first company i've worked for where you don't get a pay raise after a year. Their quota relief for time off is a joke. You're allowed to submit for only half the time you can take off for quota relief. Also, it's clear who are the good supervisors and who are the "how much longer will they have their job" supervisors. You can only hope to get placed on a supervisors team that actually does their job and does it well.

The right hand doesn't talk to the left hand. So many people touching orders. Give more control to the sales reps to build their own orders and schedule for the installs. Residential can do that but business can't. Also, why waste our customers time & get their hopes up when there is absolutely no chance that they will be serviceable.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!