Comcast Reviews in Denver, CO

2,186 Reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,114 Ratings

Pros
  • The ONLY pro to working at Comcast is the super cheap cable and Internet (in 160 reviews)

• You get free cable service and free internet service with reduced rates on equipment (in 345 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 150 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 45 reviews)

More Highlights

107 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Inside Business Sales Rep

Current Employee - Insude Business Sales Representative in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Fully vested for 401k date of hire, great incentives, work schedule flexability

Cons

different department segmentation, and time line for services

Overall good

Current Employee - CAE2 Tier I and NASR Tier II Tech II in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - CAE2 Tier I and NASR Tier II Tech II in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are excellent. Good work life balance. Promoting within and offering training and shadowing to fulfill a longterm career there. Annual raises and quarterly bonuses. Awesome coworkers. I worked as a CAE2 Tier 1, and NASR National Activation Security Repair Tier 2 Tech 2.

Cons

Call center is what it is. The outsourcing makes the customers angry and they will never do away with this. It stresses out the techs more in America to hear that complaint on every single call. They need to get their Tivo and Cable Card systems together.

It's unfortunate that the crappy agents who sleep on the job cause so much micromanagement for people who are actually there to do well at their job. Cut back on the outsourcing, we are all so sick of hearing that complaint. Start punishing other awful agents who cold transfer and hang up on customers.

Exceptional benefits & potential for upward movement

Current Employee - CAE II, Technical Support Specialist in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - CAE II, Technical Support Specialist in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (less than an year)

Pros

What's not to like? I finally work for a company that fairly compensates me for the difficulty of my work. Plenty of vacation, flex, and floating holidays. Sick days. Best medical/dental/vision available. Discounts on all kinds of things. The great thing about starting at the bottom, is the unparalleled ability for upward movement. A company that promotes from within mainly, a great place to get your start. Those who work hard are highly rewarded. I truly feel valued.

Cons

Time-off requests for weekend days need to be submit at least 6 months in advance. Shift bids are based upon your tenure and performance. They choose which months they will test you, creating a very stressful atmosphere. Also, the fact that your shift MUST change, no exceptions. I was in a very good shift that was not being recreated for our 'shift bid', so no matter my performance I could never get back there. The hourly pay could be a bit higher. I consider $14/hour on the very low end of a call center wage. (The benefits make up for it)

A starting wage of $14.55 without an opportunity for a raise for a year is a bit on the slim side of call center wages. Half of my training class was gone within 6 months. They took similar jobs, but the pay was higher. To be honest, they were the better half of our training class. You'll be able to retain the better newbies if you compensate them the way everyone else does in the Denver market.

Comcast is the place

Former Employee - Technical Operation Supervisor in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people and benefits. Plenty of opportunity and recognition.

Cons

Be sure to select the right opportunity for you.

Be sure to remember your loyal contributors after they are gone. Most of us would another opportunity.

Great Benefits

Current Employee - Technical Operation Supervisor in Lakewood, CO
    Current Employee - Technical Operation Supervisor in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, free cable services, bonuses

Cons

Communication is terrible. Expect all employees to be perfect and produce, however they neglect to inform employees of system issues that could impede perfect results and hold them accountable for matters out of there control

It's great, family oriented type environment, fast-paced and somewhat challenging

Current Employee - Human Resources Shared Services Representative I in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This position provides a great opportunity for those who are looking to work in HR to gain experience quicker, consistently build upon your HR craft and exposure to all competencies that HR has to offer

Cons

It is a call center setting, so it is not a true HR environment because it is a consolidated HR operation. This is negative because there is lesser opportunity in the field because of the ESC centralized control over the HR functions

Allow more diversification to this role in terms of opening up field HR positions so it will give hope and direction to eventually growing out of the HR call center to being an HR professional in the field

Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Greenwood Village, CO
    Current Employee - Call Center Supervisor in Greenwood Village, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Can't beat the benefits and perks.

Cons

The bottom line is high pressure. Many people get burned out.

Use Six Sigma to cut out the fat.

Lots of opportunity!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was excited to take this opportunity because for the first time I felt like a company actually cared about their employees. Given the size of Comcast, I did not think this level of commitment to employee development existed however, Comcast offers great career progression and offers tuition reimbursement so that if you want to move up, you have the resources to do so. Comcast conducts an employee survey every year and really takes the feedback to heart. In the time that I have been here, I have been asked to assist on two initiatives that were a result of employee feedback. To some, this may not seem like a lot, however given the size of the organization and how easy it would be for Comcast to say they are too big to address concerns, the fact that leadership truly values employee feedback and wants to make improvements and never stops improving, that to me says a lot about the dedication of the leadership team at every level. The other nice perk are the almost free services offered to employees. My household saves about $200 per month thanks to employee services and that is a nice pay increase.

Cons

The total compensation package is competitive however, the base pay/starting pay can be low. Salary can be made up through career progression however, the initial hourly wage can be a bit of a shock. Benefit offerings are good however, the waiting period for benefits to start seems a bit long to me. 401k match is offered, however it is 1.5% lower at Comcast than where I worked previously.

Continue to listen to the employees in the field. The field employees are invaluable and their insight and knowledge will only help Comcast to continue to improve and be the best provider of services on every level. Also consider evaluating base compensation, it seems to be low in the market, although the overall compensation is fair, base compensation is still critical to employees. Comcast is a great place to work and leadership clearly values employee feedback - I would like to see leadership do more around telling the employee stories of success and how employees make an impact every day to both internal and external customers.

Challenging

Former Employee - Senior Communications Professional in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Communications Professional in Denver, CO

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The benefits are great! Aside from receiving free cable, internet and phone services; the health benefits are fantastic and the opportunity for advancement is good, pending you've set yourself up for additional training and career pathing.

Cons

Call center work is tedious; however, you really learn alot about the company through the eyes of its customers.

Engage customer service agents more and empower them to own their jobs.

Former Employee - Technical Operation Supervisor in Greenwood Village, CO

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Overall, a decent company to work for, good benefits about average salaries.

Cons

Internal politics are brutal, HR is far more likely to listen to the higher levels of management than any front line employee. The company, as a whole, seems more interested in releasing the new and exciting over getting existing systems to work properly before forging ahead.