Comcast

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts

Brian L. Roberts

93 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

FUN REWARDING

CAE II, Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsYou have great benefits plus opertunity to advance . good commission structor and really nice people I love my job and after a year I advanced and doulble my income

ConsA lot of favortisim training is horriable everyone has difrent info on how to fix issues some managers are rude or horny pervs reaaly hard on u about aux time

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hit on the women and give the special treatment cause you are atracted

Great people, great place to work

IT Support (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsMost leaders are employee focused. You get what you put in

ConsDifficult to get into leadership if that what your looking for

Advice to Senior ManagementTake more chances on folks interested in leadership

Experience has been good

Network Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsFree (pay for box) Cable, Free (pay for modem) internet, Free Phone

ConsLower Salary Range and Advancement oppertunity

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing company and superior services to sell, but bogged down by processes for processes sake

Business Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

Pros-Selling the best product/service in its class that customers need. our products/services are superior to our competitors
    -if you can sneak around the processes and be a top sales person, you can make a good living
    -employee stock purchase program is great! (15% discount)
    -free/low cost xfinity services for your home
    -good large company benefits like medical/dental, 401K match up to 4.5%, good vacation and flex time offering

Cons-processes for processes sake- management asks sales executives to enter data that they know we do not have accurate info on just so they can hit their metrics to the folks in the ivory tower determining the metrics, this = waste of time, under-productive workers, workers who can not hit their sales goals because they are spending time on fake data
    -the company seems to not care about their clients

Advice to Senior Management-promote based on merit not favorites.
    You'll attract and retain top sales reps by treating them with respect-- not trying to babysit adults and control every aspect of how they do business. Work from home would be another reason to make me stay but this is not encouraged or accepted. If some sales reps or managers are not hitting their sales numbers, fire them instead of changing the policies and stealing business away from other reps to help out the under-performing folks.

Great company but spends more on aquisitions then it's own talent

XNOC Engineer I (Core) (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsI have worked for this company for almost 12 years. 11 of them was in the West Divsion in 3 departments. I've seen great things about what the company is about while working at the Division level. Everyone wanted to get to the National level from there. But... my attitude changes at the National level

-Good benefits
    -Can't beat free Xfinity Services
    -Great training ground if you want to venture out to other companies

ConsNETO - National Engineering and Technical Operations is ran poorly and the culture sucks. The culture is
    different here than at the Division level.
    If you want to earn money than look for a position at the Division or Regional levels
    Salary is very low compared to other Engineer position with other companies
    Comcast states that their salaries for Engineers are comparable to others. This is true in the Cable business but not for Engineers for non cable businesses.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to keep your talent pool, pay them like other companies do.

NOC Tec 2

NOC (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsGood pay decent benefits.

ConsFavoritism runs deep here. if you want to get anywhere a little brown-nosing goes a long way.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook at people for what they do for the company not what they do for you personally.

Volatile

Manager (Current Employee)

ProsAmazing Benefits, Company has a lot of revenue, Stock price well

ConsMany reorganizations, a lot of managed services, culture is outdated

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on building a better environment and a culture that is inviting to people

Not that great.

Market Research Analyst (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsGreat medical and dental benefits. On-site cafeteria is cool, although they should try to serve more food that is actually healthy.

ConsSalaries are less than average. Inexperienced managers that hide in their offices. No real leadership. Boring, gray cube farm atmosphere.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire real managers instead of immature, inexperienced wannabe's that take the job for more money and have no passion or desire to become real leaders through commitment and education. Being an expert at Microsoft Xcel does not make you a manager and leader!

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsThe employee people are great and when given the chance they are very inovative. Love my co-workers, enjoyed the challenges. We all worked together.

ConsManagement is struggling. When team concepts break down their fifedom, management lashes out. It's like swimming with someone who cannot swim, just a little dangerous.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead and study "Leading Geeks" by Paul Glen.Perhaps hire his C2 company to assist transition to agile practices. Maybe I just worked for a manager who onlky knows how to micro-manage.

Great product, rough service

Business Services Sales Support Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Greenwood Village, CO

ProsThe company takes care of its people financially with perks and benefits. The product is by far the best on the market.

ConsIt is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service. Its a communications company that doesn't communicate very well. Many of the higher level employees have no idea what is happening in the bottom levels of the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure different departments of the company communicate so that it feels like everyone works for the same company. Put the customer first.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Comcast reviews and ratings in Denver, CO — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Comcast CEO Brian L. Roberts. All 93 reviews posted anonymously by Comcast employees.