Comcast

2,075 Reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,056 Ratings

Pros
  • Great co-workers and wonderful benefits (free cable and internet) (in 140 reviews)

• Benefits, Free cable/internet/phone (all the channels) - that's an immediate (in 318 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 130 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

My experience at Comcast has overall been a good one.

Current Employee - Cae1  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Cae1 in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Comcast offers its employees a five week training period, along with on the job training.

Cons

Training was not adequate for the job.

Classroom training should coincide with on the job training.

Comcast

Former Employee - Director  in  Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Director in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Great benefits, free cable access, great internet products

Cons

In house buddy system, merit / skill not valued

Seek the talented, be bold in your managerial decisions, stand by your ethics, promote integrity

If you want to pay a company to "let" you work for them then go for it!

Current Employee - Dsr  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Dsr in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Free Phone, Internet and discounted Cable

Cons

This company has a pay structure that is set up for failure. Your commission is considered a pay advancement for the sales you make, however, if the customer does not keep the service or pay their bill four months down the road you will receive a "charge back" on the money you made on the sale. Poor customer service will likely be the cause of the customer cancelling the service that causes you to lose money. You will end up with "literally" a negative pay check. Yes, I have seen this happen. The quota is unrealistic to meet therefore you never receive the targeted pay. At the end of the year, you have paid Comcast to "let" you work for them. Not to mention the danger Comcast subjects you to by sending you into dangerous neighborhoods. They will micro manage you even on your time off and "GPS" track your every movement. In summary, Comcast has managed to master manipulate the pay structure to get "FREE LABOR" from their employees. This company will lead you into bankruptcy before you even realize it. For those of you who have read this, they have set the pay structure up for failure. You WILL work for FREE do not say I didn't warn you if you decide to proceed. There is however a current investigation being conducted by the labor board.

Stop it already with the "FREE LABOR" We are NOT in China! You need to seriously take a step back and look at what you have done to our pay. Or do you even care? We are not children. We DO NOT need to be micro-managed. If we do not hit our sales quotas, fire us! Micro-management is unnessary. Spend the money on something more constructive. (Of course why would you want to stop micro-managing us when you are getting free labor?) We can't even take an earned day off without working. (Isn't that illegal?)

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Retail Rep

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative  in  Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Easy money, great to build communication skills.

Cons

Tiresome long hours and very boring

Relax a little be more active

I would say it has been a good experience

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Pros

There is room for growth and advancement

Cons

Starting salary is low could be higher

Needs more communication

Seriously People?

Current Employee - CAE Repair  in  Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - CAE Repair in Huntsville, AL

Pros

I have worked for several large corporations over the years, and frankly find it absolutely astounding that people complain about working here. In all the companies I have worked for not one of them offers paid time off for when you are sick without it ALWAYS taking away from your Vacation time, and few have offered two weeks vacation in your first year. Comcast does not penalize you for having multiple children, no matter how many kids you have your insurance remains the same. People tend to get angry because they use all their flex (sick) time for pleasure and then get written up because they actually get sick and have no time left. I personally have needed to call out with zero notice twice since I've been with the company, and in neither case have I been written up. I think that the policy of calling out once in any rolling 30 days is completely rational, and of course if you don't agree with it you're tied to no contract so pack your desk and get out. Be greatful you have a job, you weren't guaranteed today, wake up glad you've got at least a few breaths left and take the call, that all be it miserable, is your call; look at the bright side you're getting complained to, or about, but knowing you did your best should be enough to satisfy you. Is it frustrating at times to work here, sure, but they call it work for a reason, I don't look at my wife and say "I'm off to fun sweetheart," I say I'm off to work. So to wrap it up I'll say this is the job at times miserable, absolutely, but the main catalyst of this misery is employees that refuse to recognize a good thing when they have it. Comcast offers a great tuition reimbursment program, haven't seen much about that, two weeks PAID vacation in your first year, 8 PAID flex/sick days, and people complain, why, well simply put it's because they can't get their priorities straight. If you use a flex day for a hangover that's your ignorance, you knew you had to work the next day when you took that first drink, or stayed up late just to hang out and were too tired to work. Man up people, either take pride in what you do, or drop it and quit, Comcast is employing you, they didn't ask any of us to come here to work, we all asked them to let us come here.

Cons

It is a lengthy process from start to finish for a promotion, it would be nice to hear of someone applying for a promotion and finding out whether or not they got said position within a month. At the same time you consider the fairness behind this process and it's not so bad.

Perhaps pay a bit closer attention to the people you are hiring, clearly from what I have read many hired feed on drama and/or are very irresponsible and want to point the finger at the hand that feeds them.

Why are long time loyal employees leaving

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Good Benefits, pay is not too bad. Employees are great!

Cons

no communication between departments and no leadership abilities for some supervisors.
    No human resource department to help employees with problems.
    disorganization

Look into reasons why long time employees have left. Why is there such discrimination here?
    Before choosing leaders make sure they have leadership abilities and they should be familiar with the departments they are supervising! Give employees a voice and give them a human resource dept that cares about people!

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!