Comcast Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts

Pros
  • you get free cable and internet (in 172 reviews)

• Other than free cable that goes out constantly nothing else really appeals to me (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It's as if the only idea they could think of was to hire retail managers with experience in customer service (in 153 reviews)

• Work life balance is not important (in 46 reviews)

1. Analyst 2/Forecasting and Analysis

Current Employee - Analyst II/Forecasting and Analysis in Plymouth, MI
    Current Employee - Analyst II/Forecasting and Analysis in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salaried position. Work from home on occasions. Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Medical FLEX card, 401K/401K Roth, stock options, paid vacation days and free internet, internet, and $14 for phone. (Have to pay small fee for boxes) 30% off Unversal tickets and resorts in Orlando, FL.

Cons

Feed you too much. Gained over 40 pounds since been working. organizational changes yearly. May lose job, but wil give option to transfer to another position if you qualify. (will have to interview and compete for position w/ others)

Advice to Management

Listen to the employees and do not pick favorites. Utilize all talents of the team, just not one person.

2. New

Current Employee - DSR (Soon to BE XSP) in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - DSR (Soon to BE XSP) in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Comcast (Less than a year)

Pros

Earning potential, benefits, flexible hours, good culture, great training, and others

Cons

Potentially stressful situations, late-ish hours on weekdays, vacation inhibiting commission structure

Advice to Management

None at this time (too new)

Fullfillment

Current Employee - Fulfillment in Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Fulfillment in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Comcast (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are pretty much the only positive

Cons

Too many cons to mention. Starting out was great felt like there was room to grow only later to find that was not the case

Advice to Management

Quit threatening employees that their positions are going to be eliminated.

working for Comcast

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Comcast has great benefits with health, dental and vision plan options. Starting pay for training is exceptional. Everyone I came in contact with while working there was friendly and helpful.

Cons

Comcast's bonus structure for retention is all but desired. They expect you to retain customers with unrealistic options to the consumer. They are always expecting you to upgrade service even if doesn't fit the customers needs, trying to put them into a contract to keep then locked in long term and has no disregard for what they really need. Also, as a retention agent, you're not that powerful with the tools provided to fix the concern moat of the time. Also, always hearing complaints about calls being dropped and I personally experienced it as a customer of Comcast more than once.

Advice to Management

Give more available tools to the agent to fix the customers issues. Stop making the rep outsell when it's not needed. Allow more access to fix concerns rather than having a supervisor or someone higher do it so it's all done in one call. Also, get the phone system fixed! Dropping calls all the time is unacceptable.

6. Facilities

Current Employee - Facilities in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Facilities in Southfield, MI

Pros

Great company, Awesome Benefits and Paid Time off. Management is good and overall a great place to work.

Cons

There are no real Cons for this company. It is a great place to work and has excellent opportunities to advance.

7. Treat your consultants better and reap the benefits.

Former Contractor - Web Developer, Database Engineer in Detroit, MI
    Former Contractor - Web Developer, Database Engineer in Detroit, MI

I worked at Comcast as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Manager was great. Given a lot of independence. Allowed to work remotely. IT was surprisingly fast to handle support requests.

Cons

My situation was not typical for a Comcast employee. Most had to work in office. They couldn't guarantee a long term contract. The recruiting firm they used got an absurdly huge chunk of my salary on an continuous basis. Work was boring corporate type stuff.

Advice to Management

Offer your highly talented consultants full time positions to reduce the churn.

Great benefits; hard to get out of certain departments

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive, Retention & Sales in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have great benefits - medical, dental, vision, etc., of course, significantly reduced courtesy services (I have 2 X1 DVRs, 1 X1 HD box and Blast internet and my bill is approximately $40/mo. You can't beat that), 401k, Employee Stock Purchase plan, Short-term disability. I have to say I truly like the benefits and I think the company does an excellent job providing good benefits to their employees.

Cons

It is best to work for Comcast if you do not have to interact with the customers. Unfortunately, they are not that selective in the individuals they hire to assist their customers and if you are a person who sincerely tries to do right, you run into issues. I've been called every possible derogatory name you can think of, including racial slurs, but they do not care, you must just move on to the next call. I work in the Retention department and nearly every customer I talk to is angry because someone has messed up their account. And with working in the Retention dept, you have to save as many lines of business as possible and not only retain the customer, but attempt to sell them something else. And while we are the only dept that can process a disconnect, processing them hurt your numbers, so you definitely want to minimize them. But when other depts add services that the customer did not request, you have to remove those svcs or disco the acct, and that affects your numbers, and it seems as if the company does not care about this unethical behavior. It's very frustrating and causes undue stress.

Advice to Management

I would advise the management to really understand and empathize with customer facing employees. I do not feel upper management understands how difficult it is to deal with the customers of a company that has one of the worst ratings in the country.

9. JOB

Former Employee - Comm Tech II in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Comm Tech II in Southfield, MI

Pros

Good training, different scheduling, discounted services.

Cons

Cut off times vary, techs held responsible for to much trouble in system, rain.

Advice to Management

Adjust trouble call numbers, to give techs more room for human error.

Business Account Executive

Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Sterling Heights, MI

Pros

Great Internet Speed Compared To Others

Cons

Terrible Customer Service -- Way Over Priced -- Terrible By Jazzing Customers On Their Renewals -- Made it difficult To Sell and Maintain a Client Base -- Told Many Times If It Was Not For The Speed The Would Have Dumped Comcast

Customer service represenative.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plymouth, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits from medical and having cable for little of nothing with every channel. Having 401k match . great tuition reimbursement.

Cons

No room for advancement. You can get stuck. There are not that many jobs available.. working weekends and holidays.

Advice to Management

management needs to listen to employees idea's because they do the job everyday.

Showing 114 of 3,337 reviews