Comcast Reviews

Reset
2.9
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts

Pros
  • you get free cable and internet (in 172 reviews)

• Other than free cable that goes out constantly nothing else really appeals to me (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It's as if the only idea they could think of was to hire retail managers with experience in customer service (in 153 reviews)

• Work life balance is not important (in 46 reviews)

1. Great benefits; hard to get out of certain departments

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive, Retention & Sales in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We have great benefits - medical, dental, vision, etc., of course, significantly reduced courtesy services (I have 2 X1 DVRs, 1 X1 HD box and Blast internet and my bill is approximately $40/mo. You can't beat that), 401k, Employee Stock Purchase plan, Short-term disability. I have to say I truly like the benefits and I think the company does an excellent job providing good benefits to their employees.

Cons

It is best to work for Comcast if you do not have to interact with the customers. Unfortunately, they are not that selective in the individuals they hire to assist their customers and if you are a person who sincerely tries to do right, you run into issues. I've been called every possible derogatory name you can think of, including racial slurs, but they do not care, you must just move on to the next call. I work in the Retention department and nearly every customer I talk to is angry because someone has messed up their account. And with working in the Retention dept, you have to save as many lines of business as possible and not only retain the customer, but attempt to sell them something else. And while we are the only dept that can process a disconnect, processing them hurt your numbers, so you definitely want to minimize them. But when other depts add services that the customer did not request, you have to remove those svcs or disco the acct, and that affects your numbers, and it seems as if the company does not care about this unethical behavior. It's very frustrating and causes undue stress.

Advice to Management

I would advise the management to really understand and empathize with customer facing employees. I do not feel upper management understands how difficult it is to deal with the customers of a company that has one of the worst ratings in the country.

2. JOB

Former Employee - Comm Tech II in Southfield, MI
    Former Employee - Comm Tech II in Southfield, MI

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Good training, different scheduling, discounted services.

Cons

Cut off times vary, techs held responsible for to much trouble in system, rain.

Advice to Management

Adjust trouble call numbers, to give techs more room for human error.

Customer service represenative.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plymouth, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits from medical and having cable for little of nothing with every channel. Having 401k match . great tuition reimbursement.

Cons

No room for advancement. You can get stuck. There are not that many jobs available.. working weekends and holidays.

Advice to Management

management needs to listen to employees idea's because they do the job everyday.

Inbound sales executive

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

good pay, some great supervisors, and room for growth if you are willing to move around the company.

Cons

easy to make enemies, be careful not to offend the wrong supervisor.

Advice to Management

stop paying people to put customers on hold, revamp your comp plan.

Retention Supervisor

Current Employee - Retention Supervisor in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Retention Supervisor in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Comcast (More than a year)

Pros

I believe Comcast is a great company just reactive on some things when they should be proactive.

Cons

No work life balance/ Some supervisor get commission and some don't.

Advice to Management

Please stay close to your front line employees and leaders. Some directors are leading centers in the wrong direction.

Better than average call center environment

Current Employee - CAE Repair in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - CAE Repair in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are friendly and professional. New opportunities outside of customer service are frequently added. Management is generally supportive. Customers will provide you with positive feedback when they are satisfied.

Cons

Bureaucracy. Comcast is an enormous corporation and many of the processes are far from streamlined. Job performance metrics are constantly changing, sometimes positively, other times in ways that boggle the mind. Internal IT and software frequently crashes or is unavailable on a daily basis.

If you are ruthless then this job is for you...

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training pay, discounted services, and tons of HBO calendars.

Cons

I was tricked thinking I was going to work on providing "exceptional customer services" but instead they wanted me to be a ruthless sales person forcing customers to sign up for a triple play. Supervisors were external and most of them didn't even know the system nor take any calls. Metrics were never stable. Lots of lies and sneakiness. Employees constantly did unethical things for a commission check and management didn't care. Supervisors refused to take escalated calls because majority of them had a favorite team member who would call pretending to be a supervisor. A lot of favoritism as well. Some supervisors would waive absences if you would do their work for them or if you made their team a lot of money.

Advice to Management

Be honest and at least make an effort to treat your customers better. I know numbers are important but you should at least take care of your customers.

Comcast Employee over 10 years

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are great. Free Cable, Internet, and phone. Diverse atmosphere. Learn alot from the company.

Cons

Salary can be better, Annual Merits are graded on a high scale. Have not receive a dollar raise yet. The most I’ve received was a .40 cent. Most position changes are lateral moves.

Advice to Management

Utilize your entire team. Do not put all your eggs in one baskets. Train all employees on the same things, so everyone has a fair chance of advancements. I can only speak on my department. This comment does not represent all management in Comcast.

Absolutely The Worst !

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Not very much. Coworkers were great.

Cons

Horrible pay. Treat you like you are less than nothing

Advice to Management

Care more about your front line employess

If social media, customers & employees know customer service and billing is bad thats a problem.

Current Employee - Customer Retention Agent in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Retention Agent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Always partying to keep agents motivated, 401k matched 100% benefits are excellent but you do pay a substantial amount out of pocket. Human resources help with counseling very helpful.

Cons

Front line Sale, Outside sales & retention employees are rude, mislead customers and slam them for more commission on their paycheck. Techs don't show up for appointments and may not be fully trained. Outsourced employees who speak very bad english don't really know what their doing.

Advice to Management

Get rid of rude employees and hire true customer service agents who value customers.

Showing 106 of 2,988 reviews