Comcast Reviews

• Michigan
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,328 Ratings

If social media, customers & employees know customer service and billing is bad thats a problem.

Current Employee - Customer Retention Agent in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Retention Agent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Always partying to keep agents motivated, 401k matched 100% benefits are excellent but you do pay a substantial amount out of pocket. Human resources help with counseling very helpful.

Cons

Front line Sale, Outside sales & retention employees are rude, mislead customers and slam them for more commission on their paycheck. Techs don't show up for appointments and may not be fully trained. Outsourced employees who speak very bad english don't really know what their doing.

Get rid of rude employees and hire true customer service agents who value customers.

Retention Specialist

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Free tv, Internet and phone service

Cons

Not feeling valued as an employee

If you want your employees to enjoy coming to work, treat them as if they are valued & not like they are disposable.

Terrible place to work for Not recommended

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Comcast full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free internet, cable and discounted phone service for the things you have to ut up with on a daily basis. Very good benefits. Very good perks. Excellent 401k

Cons

Unattainable metrics and quotas. Comcast makes it nearly impossible to keep your job without deceiving customers in the process. They treat you like you are disposable if you dont meet their sales and retention quota. The managers especially at my location care more about metrics then they do their employees and they treat their coaching sessions like an interrogation if you are not meeting their retention methods. Comcast is a terrible company to work for very stressful. The supervisors never want to take a supervisor escalated call and never have your back on anything. They will only be your friend if you are making goal other than that they threaten and stress you out when you are not meeting retention metrics. If you are thinking about interviewing or a job with this company dont do it. I am very stressed out as an employee and currently looking for another job. I hate this company

Hire more qualified managers

5. Great

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Benifits, nice area great people

Cons

Time, distance waiting process. That's all

Be your self

For the most part lack of communication from supervisor to employees made it a not so nice place to work.

Former Employee - Retention Specialist in Sterling Heights, MI

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Time off policy is horrible. They take their time approving time off. I had to request time off 1 to 2 months in advance and you were still not guaranteed the time off. Personal growth is something you will need to do on your own because the supervisors are so busy with their work they don't have time to work with you as it is stated in the interviews. You need to bring in 30,000.00 monthly revenue in order to receive your commission. This means that you have to increase every single customer service by $10.00 and you need to be able to take 60 calls per day. This is hard to do work you regular 8 hour shift. A lot of representative will option to work 12 hour shifts in order to try an meet that goal when overtime is offered. With salary starting a 12:65 an hour it is hard not to take the over time to make end meet.

Cons

The only perks was the insurance which was very good and the fact you get .65 cent more an hour if you work the night shift. I spent most of my time on the phone with angry customer due to several missed visits by technician and poor customer service on previous calls. This made it very hard to meet that $30,000.00 bucket due to the dissatisfaction of service. No one wanted to upgrade when service is poor.

Management need to get a more knowledgeable management team. The current management team has very few mature members. They are loud (laughing with each other in there cubicles) when we are on the phone with angry(most of the time) customers which becomes more angry when they here this. Some have even stated that we did not work in a professional work place and that is why they are receiving poor service. Some have even hung up on the reps. Some Managers can't even solve the customer problem. They pass if off and we never here if the problem was resolve until we get that angry customer back on the line. They need to change their policy on customer mistreats vs no offers to the customer. I have witness myself a representative being very rude to customers with the manager/supervisor sitting in the cubical right next to me and nothing happens. If they listen to the call and the representative did not offer products and services they get a final warning and then fired. Never in the history of my 25 years working in communications have I experienced this. Don't get me wrong there was a few, very few manager/supervisor who cared and knew their job and was very professional. It was the many who didn't that made it bad for business.

Nice and fun place to work

Former Employee - Field Traffic Controller in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Field Traffic Controller in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Great atmosphere, great company benefits, easy work

Cons

Work gets repetitive and not challenging

Great job with creating a diverse written environment

I'm neutral

Former Employee - Customer Account Executive II in Plymouth, MI
    Former Employee - Customer Account Executive II in Plymouth, MI

I worked at Comcast full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I made good money because I worked for it and deserved it but at least they paid out.

Cons

They found a person like me, hard working, strong closer, actually cared about the customer, expendable. For a minimal concern of office politics.

A lot of favoritism and no on ever had a consistent idea of what was going on. I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with the earlier respondent. I could go on with my advise to managers but let's just say I am bitter and need to forgive. I hate when a good thing is stolen from me. I enjoyed the job for the most part however the management was ruthless in their approach to resolving issues.

9. The ups and downs

Current Employee - CAE in Sterling Heights, MI
    Current Employee - CAE in Sterling Heights, MI

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people are extremely friendly. Depending on who your supervisor is, certain ones will assist to the best of their ability to be the best. Benefits are great,401K, Stock options, and numerous other perks.

Cons

The information that you translate to the customers is never the same as the previous advisor the customer spoke with. To inconsistence with policies

Training should be the same across the board, therefore the advisor would not seem incompetent.

Walk on by

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

The only pro is free cable.

Cons

CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE. Everyone is more concerned about numbers, no one cares about customer service. No one cares about customer satisfaction. If you sale Comcast, you will hear more complaints, spend more time working on your days off and forget family life. You belong to Comcast. They will throw you out to the wolves without properly educating you. Other departments steal your sales. After you sign up a customer, should the customer call into the 800 number to ask a question, the operator is stealing your sale. Keep a log of your sales.

Management does not care, they are only concerned about numbers. They don't care about you, the employee or their customers.

11. Great job. Lots of room for your strengths to how.

Former Employee - IP Tech Support Representative in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - IP Tech Support Representative in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Comcast (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great local management team. Really enjoy working here.

Cons

Long work days and high stress

You need to find ways to relieve your stress.