Comcast

Comcast Reviews in Morgan Hill, CA

Updated Apr 30, 2014

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts

Brian L. Roberts

Pros
  • Great co-workers and wonderful benefits (free cable and internet)(in 140 reviews)

• Benefits, Free cable/internet/phone (all the channels) - that's an immediate(in 318 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service(in 130 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created(in 39 reviews)

18 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Had a Great experience working at Comcast

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsMy Sr. Director as well as my VP were Awesome!!! Very Excellent Management skills. Comcast had a very good benefits package and Great perks!!!

ConsBefore I left Comcast hired a Sr Director that little to no people skills at all. Not good in a Call Center environment...

Constant politics & confusion by managers/supervisors

Account Executive/Sales (Former Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsGood benefits, compensation & training

ConsCorporate/managers are constantly changing matrix/procedures/reorganization. Call it "management by confusion." Job security is uncertain as next month they might decide to move your group to a different city or state. Things hopefully have changed. The last year I worked there I had 5 different bosses and was laid off as my job moved to another state.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut together a team or hired a consultant to find out what is really going on in the different operations. When I first started you were rated "best company to work for" and after 5 years you were rated "the worst company to work for." What's wrong with this picture.

Awesome

Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsGreat work environment, great co-workers, great company

ConsNo California West Division- moved out of state

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Dont ever work here, it is horrible

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsCompensation, the base plus commission aint bad
    Free Cable
    Your own cubicle
    Diverse

ConsEverything ELSE, they work you like a lab rat!

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit and do something more constructive.

Decent Company

Account Executive (Former Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsCoworkers and immediate management were great! Can't say enough about them. Compensation was very good but declined as a result of the economy at the time.

ConsNo mobility within the company with little mobility within the call center ranks (leads, supervisors, etc). The hours and days worked, but its to be expected in a call center environment. Mid management seemed disorganized due to being "out of the loop" with upper management at times.

Great company but there is still a lot of work to be done to improve customer satisfaction

Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsGreat benefits and perks like free cable and internet service.

ConsBe prepared to be yelled at and verbally abused by upset customers

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove customer service

This company is only still in business as it is a monopoly

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsGreat benefits, good salary, employee perks for performance

ConsIf you like management by confusion, constant reorganization this is the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore consistant company goals and philosophy. Stop "topic for the week" or todays new crisis.

Not the best experience

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsMoney was good when we were allowed to make it. Working conditions were satisfactory. Ability to be promoted was there. Enticements were decent. Training was very good.

ConsManagers were very uneducated and unfair at times. Information was not passed down in a timely manner. Policies were changed way too often. Hours were not very flexible.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut yourselves in the shoes of your underlings, so that you can know better how to manage.

Good Company, bad lazy management at Morgan Hill Location.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsGreat benefits (health, dental, etc). This rec=view is of he CALL CENTER.

ConsOverall good company. This Morgan Hill location however had many lazy managers and supervisors who didn't give CSR's proper sales support. Annual rotation for select days/hours (shift bid) didn't happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot much to say now that Morgan Hill, CA location is now shut down.

Account executive

Account Executive (Current Employee) Morgan Hill, CA

ProsDecent starting pay, good company benefits, discounted services, room for advancement. Good people to work with. Countless incentives for good prizes on a regular basis.

ConsConstant changes to policies procedures, some degree of micro management, metric system does not take trends into consideration, example day shift vs night shift. You get more out of working the day shift then you could ever get during the night shift. Not much help from supervisors, any questions are met with push back in a very political way of course.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany should update its database management system for better efficiency. Explore solutions to coordinate better with the in field reps. And take into consideration the trends of customer contact are an important factor in meeting metric goals.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!