Comcast

www.comcast.com

Comcast Reviews in Mount Laurel, NJ

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts

Brian L. Roberts

Pros
  • Great co-workers and wonderful benefits (free cable and internet)(in 139 reviews)

• Benefits, Free cable/internet/phone (all the channels) - that's an immediate(in 316 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service(in 128 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created(in 38 reviews)

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Comcast it's the devil

Software Developer (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

Prosnothing I can think of

Constoo much politics from senior management team and with senior coworkers
    people constantly try to save their ass
    poor working decisions
    no place for new ideas
    definitely not a place if you wanna work and have fun
    In my personal experience I approached manager cause my lead was misbehaving with me but my manager asked me to leave saying I am great fit for the position.
    I could have taken this up to HR since I had two offers from great companies hence I decided to not to waste a bit of time

Advice to Senior Managementunless people and their thoughts are respected this company not gonna do any good

company does not care about its customers and employees

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

Prosstock option, relative better pay, free cable tv well almost

Consdo not care about employee

Advice to Senior Managementneed to find manager who knows what he/she is doing

horrible

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsThe company as whole is a great place to work

Consinternal politics, too many reorgs, and silent layoffs.

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to your frontline employees

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

very unplanned

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsThere are absolutely no reasons. Comcast has the tallest building in Philadelphia, and rest of the satellite offices are managed very professionally.

ConsIt is all the time fire fighting with no planning or thought. In my 1.5 years, there was not a single town hall meeting.

Advice to Senior ManagementKnowledge sharing as to be encouraged. Management should highlight the vision and the business objectives to all the employees in the firm.

Think twice

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsThe benefits package is acceptable. Free internet and cable but you have to live in an area where it is available otherwise you lose out (no reimbursement). Stock options are a plus.

ConsManagers and above do not know their jobs. They solicate feedback but never react to major issues. Even if you are a superstar, you will get an average or below average rating. I have more than excelled (according to others in other departments) and I still got rated average. While I am not prejudice, the only people that get promoted are women. I have had 5 managers while I was working for this company and all of them had been promoted but not one had any knowledge of their job or the product that they supported.

The last manager that I had before I resigned (abruptly) tried to give my position away to a consultant. This is the same manager that I interviewed for their position but was never asked my opinion from the interview. The same manager took work that I produced and gave it to their manager with their name on it while giving no credit to the original developer. I was lucky when the person that was offered my job came to me and explained what had happened (the consultant had worked under me at another company).

While this may not be the same treatment with all of the senior management, it is certainly the same treatment that you can expect from a good portion of them. They preach teamwork and company values yet each person is only out for themselves and only themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut the right people into the right positions. If you want to retain good talent, stop the favoritism, give credit where credit is due, and take care of the people that work hard and know their jobs. Stop promoting people who play the networking game because in the end, you will be left with nothing but a bunch of idiot butt kissers.

-- Stay away --

IT Manager (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsNone, really, horrible environment to work on

ConsThey are outsourcing all positions, threat employees like slaves.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is one of those companies that will implode soon due to the executive management misdirection.

Poor Mid Level and upper level management

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsGreat benefits and compensation. Most services free, and those that ar enot, 20-40% off regular price.

ConsNot very career oriented. Want those that work to stay in same group, or leave. Not interested in promoting from within, unless you know someone.

Good place to work if you want free cable tv

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsThe people are friendly and the work culture isn't too bad.

ConsThe pay scale sucks--they should pay more and give us an option on the free cable tv.

The comcast work experience

Applications Engineer (Former Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsIt a great company to work when it come to getting exposure to new technologies.

ConsHowever comcast has a culture similar to that of nepotism.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe culture of the company come down not up, when you create a work environment that require that you spend more time watching your back instead of doing your job is a Recipe for failure. However I still think the company is a good place to work.

Typical corporate America company.

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Mount Laurel, NJ

ProsThe benefits are super: free cable, 6% matching 401K, ESPP, health and dental excellent for the area, tuition assistance, paid time off is above average, and more. If you have the right management, job support is excellent, hours are flexible, and you can't beat it.

ConsGetting into a group of good managers is more often than not impossible. Most managers-to-directors are weak and follow the company ask instead of supporting their subject matter experts. There is no clear understanding on what it takes to advance, and as with most places, hard work is not rewarded. The HR is weak and can make it awkward when it comes to moving to another position. Projects are regularly supported by the same people and priorities are re-ordered hourly (in my opinion).

Advice to Senior ManagementShare your vision more clearly and you may find that the workers may be more supportive. Stop re-org'ing every 18 months. Root out the bad managers -- maybe even offer a way for a reverse review process from the subordinates to the management.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!