Comcast

Comcast Reviews in Philadelphia, PA

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts

Brian L. Roberts

Pros
  • Great co-workers and wonderful benefits (free cable and internet)(in 139 reviews)

• Benefits, Free cable/internet/phone (all the channels) - that's an immediate(in 316 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service(in 128 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created(in 38 reviews)

252 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Human Resources Intern for Comcast Interactive Media

Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsSmart and very talented individuals, fast paced working environment, very relaxed office culture, always things going on in the company

ConsNot the best oversight from direct management, coordination on projects was sometimes lacking, doesn't necessarily reward talent

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage more with your employees

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat people.
    Exciting industry and environment.
    Strong leadership.

ConsVery fast-paced environment...not for everyone.

Comcast Corporation has a great corporate culture.

Software Developer (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe corporate culture is relaxed but professional. Compensation, benefits, and time-off policies are all very generous. Comcast HQ in downtown Philadelphia is a fantastic, modern building with the greatest cafeteria I have ever seen!

ConsThere really are no significant cons to working for this company other than the fact that the company is HUGE (which may be a drawback for some personality types.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is well managed, I don't have any advice to offer.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Business Analyst (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat pay! Great people! Nice building.

ConsNo space for contractors. Everyone is just jammed together at small desks.

Comcast is an amazing place to work for any tech professional

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsYou'll work with some truly innovative products that reach millions of customers. Good compensation and fantastic work-life balance. Comcast is also dedicated to community projects, making it a rewarding place to build a career. Real opportunities for career growth if you are proactive in seeking them out.

ConsEngineering teams tend to be siloed, and there tends to be a lot of replicated work as a result.

Very political, not at all customer focused

Director of Sales (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsTime off policy was acceptable, equity grant for Director level was acceptable

ConsVery political, not at all customer focused, constant re-organization, poor work-life balance

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in employee retention rather than constantly re-organizing to try and save a buck

Working for Comcast is like being a Comcast Customer

BSR (Former Employee) Horsham, PA

ProsFree Cable, Internet and Phone with every single channel, Cool People to work with. Good Benefits and Group Discounts

ConsLimited Earning Ability, Very Big Company and the sales process goes through several chanels which sucks when you close a sales and others drop the ball.

Work place

Retention CAE (Current Employee) New Castle, DE

ProsExcellent benefit packages. Some free and all services discounted.

ConsVery stressful environment. High expectation to sell constantly. Strict attendance policy. Plan 24 hours in advance to get ill.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut yourself in your employees shoes. The more stress you place on employees production decreases.

Good opportunity

Business Account Executive (Former Employee) Horsham, PA

ProsGreat benefits and pay. Top notch technology.

ConsThis is a large company and I do not pretend to know everything about it. The department I worked in had about 10 supervisors. It was a case of the haves and have nots. I unfortunately was assigned to a supervisor with below average skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork on a development plan with supervisors.

moderate

Senior Weblogic Administrator (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

Prosit waa great to learn problem solving and analytical skills.

Consmanagement does not take care of you.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should have meetings and listening skills so get useful information from the engineers and stakeholders.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!