Comcast Reviews

1,320 Ratings

Tons of Opportunity, in your Hands

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Comcast has given me the opportunity to develop myself; take the time to grow and learn, and that was really important to me during the time in my life when I joined the company. If you have the drive and ambition, there are a ton of ways in which you can grow into a leader if that's what you want to be. I took advantage of the continued education benefit and am finishing my masters degree now... I also joined a couple of the employee resource groups which offer seminars and networking events that support your professional profile. Listen, I'm not a total nerd. The point of my post is that this isn't a company you join and just stay stale within. They encourage your growth, but it's up to you to make it happen. Not only this - it's pretty exciting. We're busy and we have big jobs to do. My salary is in the top percentile for my industry but not only this, I again get the continued education (which is ~$6K/year) plus free cable/internet, top health care benefits and a truly balanced lifestyle - which is rarely the case within the Tech industry.

Cons

Telling people you work at Comcast triggers 2 typical responses: 1) A big hatred rant on customer service 2) A how do I get my foot in the door?

The reputation of the company is difficult, but the style of the company is to stay humble - I've never seen the company defend themselves against the harmful and discrediting news that exists. I personally think they should defend themselves a little more - they are between a rock and a hard place in many instances of service. I personally experienced visiting someone's home where the issues they were having with their connection was due to a tree root growing into the cable lines which had been their for over 20 years. Things like that cannot be diagnosed over a phone call. It's hard work in the field for sure. Being a part of the corporate side sometimes we're too disconnected from what's happening on the frontline. So I think the size of the organization comes with its complications, but again if you're a working professional looking for an exciting, robust and sexy career, you can comfortably have it here.

2. Computer Science Intern - I worked for Comcast as part of their "Home for the Summer" internship program

Former Intern - Home for the Summer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Intern - Home for the Summer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Comcast as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

As a freshman, you cannot get a better opportunity than this. Networking, hands on experience, and not to mention working on some amazing projects. You really cant do better as a freshman

Cons

Working through the corporate system was a tad irritating at times, but it was a really good introduction to it. I had never worked in a similar environment, so it is understandable that I was a bit uncomfortable at first.

Since it was a brand new program, there were some issues with communication in the beginning, including promises that were never eventually carried out. However, all in all in went above and beyond my overall expectations.

Work Hard and Grow

Current Employee - Call Center Inbound/Outbound Sales in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Call Center Inbound/Outbound Sales in Newark, DE

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are some solid benefits when you become a full time employee, super cheap internet, good health insurance, good work environment for the most part and they do their best to keep moral up.

Cons

Goals can be tough to maintain, and you need to be the best of the best in order to move up which can sometimes come with a pay cut, but the long game is worth it if you stick with it.

Keep the interviews honest and talk about the good and the bad I didn't know all the negatives and I wish i did because I would have bee more prepared for things.

Almost 1 yr and things are mostly positive

Current Employee - Customer Support Executive III (Tier Tech Support) in Horsham, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Alright pay and good benefits with lots of potential to move up in the company if you so apply yourself.

Cons

Job is metrics driven and the metrics have changed a few times since I've been there in the past year.

The need to up sell needs to be balanced by the need to troubleshoot and fix issues (as metrics change).

6. Don't believe the haters. Great Employer.

Former Employee - Product Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fantastic pay and benefits. Very family friendly. Very stable. Lots of interesting work. Lots of interesting problems to solve. Management gives you the space to be entrepreneurial.

Cons

Terrible reputation in the marketplace. Getting things done requires buy in and management across many groups. Frequent re-orgs.

Get product out of the ivory tower and into the markets early and often.

Culture of Mediocrity

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Technical in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Technical in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can define a path with business justification. The company is shifting technologies, processes and methods. Occasionally I get out at a decent hour.

Cons

You have an idea, you are moving forward and making great progress. Suddenly the barnacles of mediocrity start latching on. They become leeches. You were on to something, now it is bloated and progress has slowed significantly. These are the people that make comments, criticisms but never take action. It is like sitting in a room where the ceiling is falling and literally having to take people by the hand and tell them to stop saying and start doing.

Credo is great, but you need to shake up this culture. It is time for accountability. Don't just identify the problem but propose solutions. Commit and follow through. Stop rewarding the management that manages up but fail to manage their teams.

8. Comcast/Xfinity is a nice place to work.

Current Employee - Comm Tech IV and V in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Current Employee - Comm Tech IV and V in Cherry Hill, NJ

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

About 90% discount on all services! They have good family benefits and they buy your clothes/boots for working in the field.

Cons

As a "utility company" they could pay more. There is no pension only 401k benefits. Majority of the branches do not have a union.

9. Big, sometimes too big

Former Intern - Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Intern - Financial Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Comcast as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, fun perks, great on resume

Cons

It has a very corporate feel

10. As bad as company is with customer service is how good they are with employees

Current Employee - Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Actually diverse company, good work-life balance, accepting office culture

Cons

Bad reputation, hard to transition to full time employee

11. Great company to work for; Working hard to change image

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance
    Heavy focus on growing and enabling employees
    Empowered to deliver

Cons

Great empowerment and respect for the employees requires that one be focused to get things done in a timely fashion.

Be more focused and concise on the strategy and tactics of the company and how it directly relates to them. Ambiguity wastes time.