Comcast Reviews

3.2
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,407 Ratings

Pros
  • you get free cable and internet (in 172 reviews)

• Other than free cable that goes out constantly nothing else really appeals to me (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It's as if the only idea they could think of was to hire retail managers with experience in customer service (in 153 reviews)

• Work life balance is not important (in 46 reviews)

2,893 Employee Reviews

Tons of Opportunity, in your Hands

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Comcast has given me the opportunity to develop myself; take the time to grow and learn, and that was really important to me during the time in my life when I joined the company. If you have the drive and ambition, there are a ton of ways in which you can grow into a leader if that's what you want to be. I took advantage of the continued education benefit and am finishing my masters degree now... I also joined a couple of the employee resource groups which offer seminars and networking events that support your professional profile. Listen, I'm not a total nerd. The point of my post is that this isn't a company you join and just stay stale within. They encourage your growth, but it's up to you to make it happen. Not only this - it's pretty exciting. We're busy and we have big jobs to do. My salary is in the top percentile for my industry but not only this, I again get the continued education (which is ~$6K/year) plus free cable/internet, top health care benefits and a truly balanced lifestyle - which is rarely the case within the Tech industry.

Cons

Telling people you work at Comcast triggers 2 typical responses: 1) A big hatred rant on customer service 2) A how do I get my foot in the door?

The reputation of the company is difficult, but the style of the company is to stay humble - I've never seen the company defend themselves against the harmful and discrediting news that exists. I personally think they should defend themselves a little more - they are between a rock and a hard place in many instances of service. I personally experienced visiting someone's home where the issues they were having with their connection was due to a tree root growing into the cable lines which had been their for over 20 years. Things like that cannot be diagnosed over a phone call. It's hard work in the field for sure. Being a part of the corporate side sometimes we're too disconnected from what's happening on the frontline. So I think the size of the organization comes with its complications, but again if you're a working professional looking for an exciting, robust and sexy career, you can comfortably have it here.

Great

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Yuba City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Yuba City, CA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, coworkers, and the company really takes care of you.

Cons

Customers can be difficult, sometimes conditions could be better. Training could also use some refreshment.

Billing Rep

Former Employee - Customer Account Executive in Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Account Executive in Miramar, FL

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Competitive Pay. Comcast has reasonable pay hours and commission even for billing positions

Cons

Things change rapidly within the company, sometimes it may be hard to remember new policies after memorizing the old

Advice to Management

Great job on improving employee benefits and customer service as a company

5. Tech Ops Manager

Current Employee - Technical Operation Manager in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Operation Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Growth, fun company to work for. Opportunity to show your skills in many different ways. The business model changes rapidly and have the chance to be apart of the results are awesome. The benefits and perks are great

Cons

Senior management style of rolling out policy or process is sometime, confusing. At times the process can be very difficult to achieve with out knowing the correct way of doing things.

Advice to Management

I'm very hands on employee, I know who to build great moral within the team. Hard worker

6. Very good pay and easier work with more tenure

Current Employee - Comm Tech IV in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Comm Tech IV in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Comcast (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay, Vacation time, Benefits, Working independently

Cons

Always that 1 brownnoser that kisses butt and gets things before the senior techs. Not much diversity when it comes to supervisors. Can't really complain cause I have seen that the grass is definetly not greener wherever you do go.

Advice to Management

Be more diverse when hiring/promoting supervisors. Don't let the good minorities candidates go to different systems. Keep them in house.

7. Sales and Customer Service Rep

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Portland, OR

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Everyone you work with is great, positive and you have many opportunities for advancement. Training is always available and great commission payouts for meeting sales goals.

Cons

Work environment is stressful at times and can be hard to work especially when customers are upset or you are not hitting your sales goals.

Advice to Management

Give your employees on the front lines a break sometimes, they work really hard. Also management was gone a lot, so having a manager there everyday is needed. There was a least a couple situations everyday that need a manager, so be in the stores.

8. Never bored

I have been working at Comcast full-time

Pros

if u live close you can take your van home
    Most people you work with are helpful
    Training is good
    My schedule

Cons

Sometimes stressful
    Most people are helpful

9. Great Company

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back work environment. As long as you do your job, no one is looking over your shoulder and micromanaging.

Cons

Slightly below average pay. Poor communication from upper management.

Advice to Management

Better communication.

10. no place is perfect

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-opportunity for advancement
    -benefits are amazing
    -great opportunity for stretch assignments

Cons

-work/life balance non-existent at leadership level
    -integrity of employees/leadership
    -unrealistic goals set at corporate level; hard to roll out all initiatives in the field

Advice to Management

-get front line employee feedback after implementation; listen to the feedback and make adjustments as appropriate

11. Good company as a career stepping stone.

Current Employee - Communications Technician III in Normal, IL
    Current Employee - Communications Technician III in Normal, IL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company. Decent pay. Benefits are good. Great stepping stone job for technology based jobs. Nice quartet bonuses. And good yearly raises.

Cons

Every employee has a target on their back due to customer service in the Philippines messing up every work order possible. Comcast as a whole does not work as a team. Technicians are expected to clean up all other department messes on top of all our other work.

Advice to Management

Push upper management to relax on metrics. Not EVERYTHING should determine a raise. Like the opinions of customers, or luck of the draw on wether you just installed good or bad equiptment in someone's house. Raises are our livelihood. Should be based on our ability to take care of the customer.

Showing 2,893 of 2,967 reviews