Comcast Reviews

3.2
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,407 Ratings

Pros
  • you get free cable and internet (in 172 reviews)

• Other than free cable that goes out constantly nothing else really appeals to me (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It's as if the only idea they could think of was to hire retail managers with experience in customer service (in 153 reviews)

• Work life balance is not important (in 46 reviews)

2,914 Employee Reviews

Tons of Opportunity, in your Hands

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Comcast has given me the opportunity to develop myself; take the time to grow and learn, and that was really important to me during the time in my life when I joined the company. If you have the drive and ambition, there are a ton of ways in which you can grow into a leader if that's what you want to be. I took advantage of the continued education benefit and am finishing my masters degree now... I also joined a couple of the employee resource groups which offer seminars and networking events that support your professional profile. Listen, I'm not a total nerd. The point of my post is that this isn't a company you join and just stay stale within. They encourage your growth, but it's up to you to make it happen. Not only this - it's pretty exciting. We're busy and we have big jobs to do. My salary is in the top percentile for my industry but not only this, I again get the continued education (which is ~$6K/year) plus free cable/internet, top health care benefits and a truly balanced lifestyle - which is rarely the case within the Tech industry.

Cons

Telling people you work at Comcast triggers 2 typical responses: 1) A big hatred rant on customer service 2) A how do I get my foot in the door?

The reputation of the company is difficult, but the style of the company is to stay humble - I've never seen the company defend themselves against the harmful and discrediting news that exists. I personally think they should defend themselves a little more - they are between a rock and a hard place in many instances of service. I personally experienced visiting someone's home where the issues they were having with their connection was due to a tree root growing into the cable lines which had been their for over 20 years. Things like that cannot be diagnosed over a phone call. It's hard work in the field for sure. Being a part of the corporate side sometimes we're too disconnected from what's happening on the frontline. So I think the size of the organization comes with its complications, but again if you're a working professional looking for an exciting, robust and sexy career, you can comfortably have it here.

Billing Rep

Former Employee - Customer Account Executive in Miramar, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Account Executive in Miramar, FL

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Competitive Pay. Comcast has reasonable pay hours and commission even for billing positions

Cons

Things change rapidly within the company, sometimes it may be hard to remember new policies after memorizing the old

Advice to Management

Great job on improving employee benefits and customer service as a company

GREAT

I worked at Comcast

Pros

great company to work for; awesome benefits and bonuses! ceo is awesome about communicating to employees regarding the matters of the company

Cons

too much micro management, not caring of real life situations that may prevent a person from attending work (death of a sibling) will not work with you at all! A siblings illness is not covered under FMLA.

5. Great PLace

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Atmosphere is workable, Love it!

Cons

People are extra friendly all the time.

Great

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Yuba City, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Yuba City, CA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, coworkers, and the company really takes care of you.

Cons

Customers can be difficult, sometimes conditions could be better. Training could also use some refreshment.

7. Good company to work for, needs better comp for internal employees

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Company valued training. Many opportunities to work in different departments and succeeed if the effort was put in. Good benefits, great building (Comcast Center).

Cons

some management stuck in the past regarding how to run the business. a lot of redundency in the work force and sometimes no clear guidance and defined roles. A lot o talented people but also many who didn't work hard and were able to cling to their jobs for too long.

Advice to Management

Align salaries for internal employees with latest external hires in order to maintain talent. Losing a lot of smart people and knowledge from this.

8. Sales

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Specialist in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Specialist in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Good base salary, benefits, vacations , people

Cons

Changes, everyday , some unneeded. Communication between departments is lacking, most thru email only

Advice to Management

Better communication between departments, notice of changes before they take place

9. Business Account Executive

Former Employee - Business Account Executive in North Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Business Account Executive in North Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Comcast (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good Pay and great benefits. Good training. Overall one of the best companies I worked for.

Cons

High Stress and management seem to work against you. Too much paperwork/book keeping for a Salesman.

Advice to Management

Don't demand what we must do. Ask us what tools we need and get them for us.

10. Great company with great benefits!

Current Employee - Network Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Network Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Sharp management and clear direction. Amazing technology and leader in the industry. Our building is new and we get to use the latest IT tools available today. Plus, being in Center City, Philly is a good reason to work here.

Cons

Salary could be better. I started here at a lower salary after consulting here for 2 years. They have been slow to bring me up to the full salary my co-workers make.

11. Customer account Executive

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Good pay about 12 an hour plus commission averging out 25 an hour with commission

Cons

No stability or room for growth

Showing 2,914 of 2,988 reviews