Comcast Reviews

2,690 Reviews
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,348 Ratings

Pros
  • The ONLY pro to working at Comcast is the super cheap cable and Internet (in 172 reviews)

• You get free cable service and free internet service with reduced rates on equipment (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 153 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 46 reviews)

Tons of Opportunity, in your Hands

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Comcast has given me the opportunity to develop myself; take the time to grow and learn, and that was really important to me during the time in my life when I joined the company. If you have the drive and ambition, there are a ton of ways in which you can grow into a leader if that's what you want to be. I took advantage of the continued education benefit and am finishing my masters degree now... I also joined a couple of the employee resource groups which offer seminars and networking events that support your professional profile. Listen, I'm not a total nerd. The point of my post is that this isn't a company you join and just stay stale within. They encourage your growth, but it's up to you to make it happen. Not only this - it's pretty exciting. We're busy and we have big jobs to do. My salary is in the top percentile for my industry but not only this, I again get the continued education (which is ~$6K/year) plus free cable/internet, top health care benefits and a truly balanced lifestyle - which is rarely the case within the Tech industry.

Cons

Telling people you work at Comcast triggers 2 typical responses: 1) A big hatred rant on customer service 2) A how do I get my foot in the door?

The reputation of the company is difficult, but the style of the company is to stay humble - I've never seen the company defend themselves against the harmful and discrediting news that exists. I personally think they should defend themselves a little more - they are between a rock and a hard place in many instances of service. I personally experienced visiting someone's home where the issues they were having with their connection was due to a tree root growing into the cable lines which had been their for over 20 years. Things like that cannot be diagnosed over a phone call. It's hard work in the field for sure. Being a part of the corporate side sometimes we're too disconnected from what's happening on the frontline. So I think the size of the organization comes with its complications, but again if you're a working professional looking for an exciting, robust and sexy career, you can comfortably have it here.

2. Sales

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Great benefits, great people, continuous trainings

Cons

no cons to speak of at this time.

3. I loved working there when I was there, great experience for me

Former Employee - TELESALES Representative in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - TELESALES Representative in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Comcast

Pros

The training that was given to help you succeed in your position, was an excellent motivational, engaging process.

Cons

It's a little difficult encouraging customers to upgrade their services at times which is difficult to get sales.

Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Great benefits /fun environment/ love management.

Cons

Can be busy at times, waiting period for starting and getting benefits!

Advice to Management

Advice is to pick a different company to do background checks, mine took over 3 weeks and caused me to miss a current opportunity. I had to wait over 90 days for your next class!

6. CSI Contractor

Former Contractor - Contractor in South Florida, FL
    Former Contractor - Contractor in South Florida, FL

I worked at Comcast as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefit package, friendly co-workers, pays for continued education, amazing incentives for instance a trip to Universal studios for outstanding performance, fair base pay plus commission.

Cons

Faulty equipment, irate customers, incompetent and unrelable management.

Great, the company cares about its employees.

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Customer Account Executive in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. The people are fun and the office has a lot of diversity. Comcast has plenty of room for growth and opportunity. The pay is good and there are tons of prizes every week that you could win!

Cons

They want you to stay one year in your role, making it hard to move.

8. Account Executive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fortune 50 support, benefits, and compensation. Market leading innovation, products and services. High employment and market stability.

Cons

Traditional top-down leadership hierarchy. Continual managerial and process changes that are more disruptive to production and customer sevice than positive and lasting.

9. If you find others envy you for what type of Job you have, You know you have a good one.

Current Employee - RST in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - RST in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Been working with Comcast for about 3 months now. Real convenient without having to drive nor dressup before the shift starts. Hell, you can even work in your birthday suit HA HA! I found out on how to move up in this business is to apply your self when another opportunity is offered. There is advancement you just have to chase it when you see it running out in the open. I don't understand those who say there isn't. Well, it is not just going to fall in your lap.

Cons

The QA's - Most calls will not allow an agent to fulfill the steps required from what the QA's expects an agent to do. I think the P4P program is deliberate. If someone thinks they can make it to the top 100 I really doubt it. I believe it is a way to get the agents motivated and feel as they are not doing a great job. Although I know I'm resolving customers technical issues, the auditor which will listen to a call choosing only one call within a week worth of calls, they choose one which happens to be a bad irate call or one where a customer drops a call. Result for that? they give a real bad score with the metrics. I guess they choose calls that have low duration time. Rank fluctuates and I'm not anywhere near 100. Like I said, I think everyone see's a score which is not close to 100. I know they don't pay $ 4 P4P.. Bottom line, I go to work, kill my hours by doing what I'm supposed to and that is it. Those QA's don't intimidate me.It is just a way to push you.

Advice to Management

Management is great. I have no problems. I have no comment with any disputes. As long as I am doing my work, they pretty much stay out of your way. Play your cards right and build your trust.

10. Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Great company with growth potential.

Cons

Construction being out sourced makes growing the business difficult.

11. Inbound Sales Supervisor

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Supervisor in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Supervisor in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Comcast (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, friendly atmosphere, nice perks, being on leadership allow many different opportunities

Cons

Needs to be more transparent, for the work we do grossly underpaid. Structure and consistency is missing with the lack of corrective action available to remove lackluster talent and keep top notch taletny