Comcast Reviews

2,595 Reviews
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,320 Ratings

Pros
  • The ONLY pro to working at Comcast is the super cheap cable and Internet (in 172 reviews)

• You get free cable service and free internet service with reduced rates on equipment (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 153 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 46 reviews)

Tons of Opportunity, in your Hands

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Comcast has given me the opportunity to develop myself; take the time to grow and learn, and that was really important to me during the time in my life when I joined the company. If you have the drive and ambition, there are a ton of ways in which you can grow into a leader if that's what you want to be. I took advantage of the continued education benefit and am finishing my masters degree now... I also joined a couple of the employee resource groups which offer seminars and networking events that support your professional profile. Listen, I'm not a total nerd. The point of my post is that this isn't a company you join and just stay stale within. They encourage your growth, but it's up to you to make it happen. Not only this - it's pretty exciting. We're busy and we have big jobs to do. My salary is in the top percentile for my industry but not only this, I again get the continued education (which is ~$6K/year) plus free cable/internet, top health care benefits and a truly balanced lifestyle - which is rarely the case within the Tech industry.

Cons

Telling people you work at Comcast triggers 2 typical responses: 1) A big hatred rant on customer service 2) A how do I get my foot in the door?

The reputation of the company is difficult, but the style of the company is to stay humble - I've never seen the company defend themselves against the harmful and discrediting news that exists. I personally think they should defend themselves a little more - they are between a rock and a hard place in many instances of service. I personally experienced visiting someone's home where the issues they were having with their connection was due to a tree root growing into the cable lines which had been their for over 20 years. Things like that cannot be diagnosed over a phone call. It's hard work in the field for sure. Being a part of the corporate side sometimes we're too disconnected from what's happening on the frontline. So I think the size of the organization comes with its complications, but again if you're a working professional looking for an exciting, robust and sexy career, you can comfortably have it here.

2. Best experience

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

People, Culture and the ability to help solve problems

Cons

Have to build out network

Keep it going!

3. Not bad

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

great benefits and contests for employees

Cons

Over work techs
    seems as if they always overbooked appointments

5. Amazing benefits, great pay, amazing co workers, and so many incentives to do well.

Former Employee - CAE III Retention
    Former Employee - CAE III Retention

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Incentives, chance to progress and make more, benefits are amazing!

Cons

Hard to breakdown pay scale for what actually paid out on piece by piece.

6. Comcast comm tech

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Concerned about its employee great training

Cons

Compensation benefits very expensive

7. Comcast is a great company to work for

I worked at Comcast

Pros

They have some really great managers and supervisors who want to see you succeed.

Cons

There are a couple of supervisors and managers who you will never please

Realize that you loose a lot of GREAT people because of your internal politics

8. Excellent Company to work for

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with
    Forward thinkiing
    Great benefits
    People who care

Cons

Normal large company issue- not all decisions are made locally

9. Employee and customer centric company!

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great benefits and employee relation services available. A top down culture for innovation and improving the customer experience.

Cons

New products and services are moved to market without fully flushing out flaws.

Encourage and compliment your employees when they do well. Teach and mentor when they don't.

10. Computer Science Intern - I worked for Comcast as part of their "Home for the Summer" internship program

Former Intern - Home for the Summer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Intern - Home for the Summer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Comcast as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

As a freshman, you cannot get a better opportunity than this. Networking, hands on experience, and not to mention working on some amazing projects. You really cant do better as a freshman

Cons

Working through the corporate system was a tad irritating at times, but it was a really good introduction to it. I had never worked in a similar environment, so it is understandable that I was a bit uncomfortable at first.

Since it was a brand new program, there were some issues with communication in the beginning, including promises that were never eventually carried out. However, all in all in went above and beyond my overall expectations.

Work Hard and Grow

Current Employee - Call Center Inbound/Outbound Sales in Newark, DE
    Current Employee - Call Center Inbound/Outbound Sales in Newark, DE

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are some solid benefits when you become a full time employee, super cheap internet, good health insurance, good work environment for the most part and they do their best to keep moral up.

Cons

Goals can be tough to maintain, and you need to be the best of the best in order to move up which can sometimes come with a pay cut, but the long game is worth it if you stick with it.

Keep the interviews honest and talk about the good and the bad I didn't know all the negatives and I wish i did because I would have bee more prepared for things.