Comcast

Updated Jul 24, 2014

3.1 1,934 reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts

Brian L. Roberts

Pros
  • Great co-workers and wonderful benefits (free cable and internet)(in 139 reviews)

• Benefits, Free cable/internet/phone (all the channels) - that's an immediate(in 316 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service(in 128 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created(in 38 reviews)

1,934 Employee Reviews

Human Resources

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat atmosphere. People were friendly. Wonderful benefits.

ConsSalary not equitable. Company brings in outside people and pays more to them than people in position that have to train that person.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to pay your employees fairly.

Great place to work

CAE - IP Support Specialist (Former Employee) Centennial, CO

ProsGreat benefits, decent pay, great working environment

ConsShifts are horrible at first. FMLA/Short Term Leave insurance company isn't very good

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter advancement opportunities

good company to work for but there were issues

Customer Account Executive (Former Employee) Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Proschallenging and fast past okay salary and benefits

Constoo many layers of management which sometimes send mixed signals

Advice to Senior Managementgive the employees back their senority back this is not a employee friendly company its all about the bottom line to Comcast,.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsGood company to work. For

ConsNo chances to get promoted with in

Human Resources Intern for Comcast Interactive Media

Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsSmart and very talented individuals, fast paced working environment, very relaxed office culture, always things going on in the company

ConsNot the best oversight from direct management, coordination on projects was sometimes lacking, doesn't necessarily reward talent

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage more with your employees

Great place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsGreat people.
    Exciting industry and environment.
    Strong leadership.

ConsVery fast-paced environment...not for everyone.

Comcast Corporation has a great corporate culture.

Software Developer (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe corporate culture is relaxed but professional. Compensation, benefits, and time-off policies are all very generous. Comcast HQ in downtown Philadelphia is a fantastic, modern building with the greatest cafeteria I have ever seen!

ConsThere really are no significant cons to working for this company other than the fact that the company is HUGE (which may be a drawback for some personality types.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is well managed, I don't have any advice to offer.

A great job if you have the right attitude.

Customer Account Executive II (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

ProsPay is great if you're serious, work hard, and by the book (mostly) , fun training environment with hands on learning, constant incentives; snacks, small prizes, gift cards ($5.00-$500.00), iPads, laptops, game consoles, trips, and one time in the two years I was there...they gave away a brand new car...and covered the taxes. Opportunity for promotions are common for motivated and high performing employees. The chance to actually give Comcast customers great service...unfortunately rare for quite a few customers.....aaaaaaaaand FREE CABLE, PHONE, AND INTERNET!!!!!

ConsConstant changes in policy/procedure (not huge changes but still...annoying). Changes to the metrics employees need to meet in order to bonus certain amounts (only happen once and it wasn't fun....but the honest and hardworking and no issues). Repetitiveness, constant sitting.

Enjoyed working here for 10 years. You have potential to grow and learn within this company if you choose to do so.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Livermore, CA

ProsExcellent benefits. Free cable and internet. Health, dental, and vision benefits as well as 401k and employee shares. Great place to work.

ConsSales team did not get annual merit increases because they claimed the commission were paid well. I say if a person is deserving of a raise why not give them what is due?

Great for Young Professionals

Coordinator, Government Affairs (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsExcellent senior leadership that trickles down to managers. I feel that this is an incredibly professional work environment and there are a lot of opportunities for learning, professional growth, networking that facilitate a strong foundation for a long career.

ConsFor hourly employees, promotions take time and raises don't come often. You just have to be patient and know that you're getting incredible experience working for a fortune 50 company that is leading the nation in the telecommunications and media industry.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!