Comcast Reviews

3.2
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,578 Ratings

Pros
  • you get free cable and internet (in 172 reviews)

• Other than free cable that goes out constantly nothing else really appeals to me (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It's as if the only idea they could think of was to hire retail managers with experience in customer service (in 153 reviews)

• Work life balance is not important (in 46 reviews)

3,242 Employee Reviews

Tons of Opportunity, in your Hands

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Comcast has given me the opportunity to develop myself; take the time to grow and learn, and that was really important to me during the time in my life when I joined the company. If you have the drive and ambition, there are a ton of ways in which you can grow into a leader if that's what you want to be. I took advantage of the continued education benefit and am finishing my masters degree now... I also joined a couple of the employee resource groups which offer seminars and networking events that support your professional profile. Listen, I'm not a total nerd. The point of my post is that this isn't a company you join and just stay stale within. They encourage your growth, but it's up to you to make it happen. Not only this - it's pretty exciting. We're busy and we have big jobs to do. My salary is in the top percentile for my industry but not only this, I again get the continued education (which is ~$6K/year) plus free cable/internet, top health care benefits and a truly balanced lifestyle - which is rarely the case within the Tech industry.

Cons

Telling people you work at Comcast triggers 2 typical responses: 1) A big hatred rant on customer service 2) A how do I get my foot in the door? The reputation of the company is difficult, but the style of the company is to stay humble - I've never seen the company defend themselves against the harmful and discrediting news that exists. I personally think they should defend themselves a little more - they are between a rock and a hard place in many instances of service. I personally experienced visiting someone's home where the issues they were having with their connection was due to a tree root growing into the cable lines which had been their for over 20 years. Things like that cannot be diagnosed over a phone call. It's hard work in the field for sure. Being a part of the corporate side sometimes we're too disconnected from what's happening on the frontline. So I think the size of the organization comes with its complications, but again if you're a working professional looking for an exciting, robust and sexy career, you can comfortably have it here.

2. Sales Customer Account Executive

Current Employee - Sales Account Executive - Team Lead in South Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits. We have lots of paid time off and much flexibility in our schedules. We also have unlimited over time most of the time.

Cons

We are not empowered to make decisions that will help the customer. Our internal processes need to be restructured.

Advice to Management

Delegate more responsibilities to people to find a way to fix broken polices

3. Customer account executive

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive II
    Current Employee - Customer Account Executive II

Pros

Great benefits and incentives,fun enviornment

Cons

commission changes so much and often for the worse. no input on quality guidelines

5. Great company

Current Employee - Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

To put it quite simply, I am taken care of. As a tech, I was provided training, tools, uniforms, and a truck to drive to and from home. YES! I am paid to come to work. On top of this, Comcast does provide a lot of benefits such as complimentary services (cable, internet) and deeply discounted prices on rentals of equipment. You start off with two weeks vacation, then another week at 5 yrs and another week of vacation at 10 yrs; 4 weeks after 10 yrs. You are also paid for holidays and overtime holiday pay if worked. They recognize 7 federal holidays. They also provide more PTO called flex (personal day) for an additional 64 hrs and three floating holidays of your choice. So after 10 yrs, 4 weeks vacation +7 holiday's off + 64 hrs flex (PTO) + 24 hrs of floating holidays. That is all paid. You also get the other goodies too, health, dental insurance etc. I have learned A LOT working here and with the company being very large, you can always switch departments if something isn't working out. Also when calling off here, you don't have to fake that you are sick *cough *cough, or your great aunt is dead. You call in and tell your supervisor "I'm not coming in today" and that's it. No drawn out excuse or harassment about not coming in. I was told about the call-off policy day one. They explained to me "We only need to know if you are coming in or not, your personal life is YOUR business not Comcast's". I agreed completely. I wish other companies would adopt a similar policy.

Cons

While the benefits are great the pay doesn't feel very competitive, especially for top performers. You are typically mired at about an average 2.5% overall annual merit increase (4% if you are VERY lucky). The company does conduct an annual survey to get feedback, as a result Comcast has implemented certification programs that offer a small pay bump as well as quarterly bonuses. While these are still great additions, the certification programs still leave a bit to be desired. Bonus pay is paid company wide based on team effort/company goals, meaning you could work your butt off and your colleague can be dunking donuts, doing bare minimum all day and you would still be paid the same bonus.

Advice to Management

Reward top performing employees, create more opportunities to grow.

6. Coordinator 2

Current Employee - Coordinator II in Beaverton, OR
    Current Employee - Coordinator II in Beaverton, OR

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great employee engagement. Great focus now shifted to customer experience.

Cons

Pay is on the lower end of the market

7. Great job

Former Employee - Customer Experience Representative ­ Level I in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Comcast (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome benefits Great commission Great hours Fun bonuses Fun atmosphere One of the best jobs I had in my working life

Cons

Honestly I had no issues with this job. I was sorry I had to give up the position due to immigration issues after I graduated from University.

short review

Current Employee - CAE II in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - CAE II in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

work life balance - plenty of time off, benefits - more than just the usual health, dental, vision, etc., advancement - if you're willing to do a good job, put in your time and go after it career advancement is there.

Cons

reputation, you have to have a thick skin and deal with a lot of rumors and sometimes harassment. not so much the just the company, but other people

9. Great technology, great people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Strong leadership and management. The ongoing drive for new ideas is great.

Cons

none that I can think of, all was fine

10. Just Employed :)

Current Employee - Customer Account Executive (Billing Agent) in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Account Executive (Billing Agent) in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some good reasons to work for Comcast , the benefits !!!!! Tuition reimbursement, 12/hr .. .50¢ increase if your shift is after 11am .free cable 234 channels including HBO Cinemax showtime sports networks , free internet for employees. the ability to swap shifts with co workers . slide shifts 2 hours back or up if you have an emergency. 2 paid 15 min breaks during shift , 1 hour unpaid lunch break .

Cons

as a new employee your given a late shift schedule automatically. they don't honor doctors or court orders at all . training is 4-6 weeks long and drawn out . repetitive info ...

Advice to Management

Management is straight forward awesome you know what they expect from you from day one . Hr is amazing ! Comcast expectations for there Billing reps aren't high if you take in all the info given in training not a hard job at all huge call center with good vibes. I just don't like how they make it seem like work comes before your health and children. BTW you advance from your position in one year so more money for you . but in order to be in a different position (he generalist , technician ,sales ) you must complete a year of being a rep .

11. Truly a great place to work

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

Tremendous opportunity for advancement if you apply yourself and take advantage of what is offered. I was laid off after almost 15 successful years of employment and many people think I should have a bad opinion of the company. Quite the opposite - I am working towards getting back on. i was in a few different leadership positions and enjoyed them all. Not an easy job, but fantastic leadership a true commitment to employee success and great benefits.

Cons

After 15 years i should have some negative feedback, but I don't. I can't imagine finding a better place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to strive to consistently deliver an exceptional customer experience.

Showing 3,242 of 3,336 reviews