Comcast Reviews

3.2
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,479 Ratings

Pros
  • you get free cable and internet (in 172 reviews)

• Other than free cable that goes out constantly nothing else really appeals to me (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It's as if the only idea they could think of was to hire retail managers with experience in customer service (in 153 reviews)

• Work life balance is not important (in 46 reviews)

3,035 Employee Reviews

Tons of Opportunity, in your Hands

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Comcast has given me the opportunity to develop myself; take the time to grow and learn, and that was really important to me during the time in my life when I joined the company. If you have the drive and ambition, there are a ton of ways in which you can grow into a leader if that's what you want to be. I took advantage of the continued education benefit and am finishing my masters degree now... I also joined a couple of the employee resource groups which offer seminars and networking events that support your professional profile. Listen, I'm not a total nerd. The point of my post is that this isn't a company you join and just stay stale within. They encourage your growth, but it's up to you to make it happen. Not only this - it's pretty exciting. We're busy and we have big jobs to do. My salary is in the top percentile for my industry but not only this, I again get the continued education (which is ~$6K/year) plus free cable/internet, top health care benefits and a truly balanced lifestyle - which is rarely the case within the Tech industry.

Cons

Telling people you work at Comcast triggers 2 typical responses: 1) A big hatred rant on customer service 2) A how do I get my foot in the door? The reputation of the company is difficult, but the style of the company is to stay humble - I've never seen the company defend themselves against the harmful and discrediting news that exists. I personally think they should defend themselves a little more - they are between a rock and a hard place in many instances of service. I personally experienced visiting someone's home where the issues they were having with their connection was due to a tree root growing into the cable lines which had been their for over 20 years. Things like that cannot be diagnosed over a phone call. It's hard work in the field for sure. Being a part of the corporate side sometimes we're too disconnected from what's happening on the frontline. So I think the size of the organization comes with its complications, but again if you're a working professional looking for an exciting, robust and sexy career, you can comfortably have it here.

Dispatch

Current Employee - Dispatcher
    Current Employee - Dispatcher

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

love this job they take care of you most of the time

Cons

same for every job some stressful days

Advice to Management

better communication on the floor

3. Comcast

Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Smyrna, GA
    Current Employee - Production Coordinator in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at Comcast full-time

Pros

great work environment lots of room for growth and promotion The free cable/ internet/ phone is great. I learned more about cable that anyone would ever want to know. I also got to learn how to work with a variety of diverse people. I am glad I have the opportunity to work for this company. It is sort of like working in food service and retail- everyone should have to do it once in their lifetime, just so they can understand what it is like for the person trying to help them on the other end of the phone.

Cons

No sense of direction where it comes to the one Comcast model, division wise and nationally. Too much outsourcing, advancement can be slow or very fast(if you know the right people at times). Salaries aren't that great but it could be worse.

Advice to Management

Comcast is a massive company and it appears that in a lot of technical areas the employees are getting left behind and under appreciated. Treat your staff as adults and communicate your plan to them, stop being flavor of the month and create a game plan for the long run. When people see where they are going its easier to adjust to new demands but when you change focus every month its harder to adapt. Refocus on the install that should be our ONLY visit to a house

5. Network Engineer II

Former Employee - Network Engineer II in Englewood, CO
    Former Employee - Network Engineer II in Englewood, CO

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team, good benefits (insurance better than most of my other jobs), 401k matchiing, flexible PTO/Comp but that may have just been my group.

Cons

Limited upward mobility, merit increases are few and far between.

Advice to Management

Work on Employee morale and recognition to keep your people

6. Great Place To Work

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Discounted bundle packages available to employees

Cons

Senior management have power issues

Advice to Management

Listen to employees

7. Comcast warehouse

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Capitol Heights, MD
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Capitol Heights, MD

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

its a good with good benefits

Cons

the raises are small and sometimes the career advancement is slow

8. Comcast Review

Current Employee - Environmental Health and Safety Specialist in New Castle, DE
    Current Employee - Environmental Health and Safety Specialist in New Castle, DE

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay scale, Great benefit package. The company makes every effort to hire from in and help employees achieve their career goals.

Cons

Numbers and metric driven in most areas. Some growing pains as company continues to move forward and drive industry standards. Customer service and public opinion continue to be an area of focus.

Advice to Management

Continue to be aware of status in the community as well as the business arena and continue to focus on advancing the industry

9. Great Job

I have been working at Comcast full-time

Pros

Great pay and benefits. Great training to stay ahead of the game and make sure you have the tools to get your job done.

Cons

Not very flexible, attendance policy needs to be addressed . Doesn't give much time for you to have important stuff outside of work for unless you're leadership.

Advice to Management

Work with non leadership more about getting a better attendance policy and more flexibility.

10. good company to work for

Current Employee - Communication Technician in Duluth, GA
    Current Employee - Communication Technician in Duluth, GA

I have been working at Comcast (More than 3 years)

Pros

good company to work for

Cons

networking is the key to moving up

11. Local Management is at a loss

I have been working at Comcast full-time

Pros

People are awesome to work with, forgiving of mistakes as long as it does not affect a manager’s bonus, good time off for new employees. Sick time will get you written up if used but otherwise can use it as simple time of and they are very willing to work with you on time off to make sure you get the days off you want (just do not call in sick).

Cons

There is zero feedback from management, no communication at all until they decide to give you a warning and then zero feedback again for 3 months. Manager’s seems scared to give feedback as it would give them bad reviews from employees at the end of the year and would rather go the paperwork route. Management is locked in their cubical unwilling to talk with their employees. This seems to be hit or miss in the company depending on department. If you are thinking of joining the company in a technical role make sure to verify management knows about IT, what your job is and the responsibilities of the role as I would recommend them from the conversations with other departments.

Advice to Management

Know what your employees are doing, know what job you want them to do, talk to them rather then just saying hello in the morning. It is ok to tell people they are doing things wrong, incorrect, but do not be silent for 6 months then do an ambush on them, it seems one layer of management is out of touch with the next.

Showing 3,035 of 3,119 reviews