Comcast Reviews

3.2
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,496 Ratings

Pros
  • you get free cable and internet (in 172 reviews)

• Other than free cable that goes out constantly nothing else really appeals to me (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It's as if the only idea they could think of was to hire retail managers with experience in customer service (in 153 reviews)

• Work life balance is not important (in 46 reviews)

3,066 Employee Reviews

Tons of Opportunity, in your Hands

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Comcast has given me the opportunity to develop myself; take the time to grow and learn, and that was really important to me during the time in my life when I joined the company. If you have the drive and ambition, there are a ton of ways in which you can grow into a leader if that's what you want to be. I took advantage of the continued education benefit and am finishing my masters degree now... I also joined a couple of the employee resource groups which offer seminars and networking events that support your professional profile. Listen, I'm not a total nerd. The point of my post is that this isn't a company you join and just stay stale within. They encourage your growth, but it's up to you to make it happen. Not only this - it's pretty exciting. We're busy and we have big jobs to do. My salary is in the top percentile for my industry but not only this, I again get the continued education (which is ~$6K/year) plus free cable/internet, top health care benefits and a truly balanced lifestyle - which is rarely the case within the Tech industry.

Cons

Telling people you work at Comcast triggers 2 typical responses: 1) A big hatred rant on customer service 2) A how do I get my foot in the door? The reputation of the company is difficult, but the style of the company is to stay humble - I've never seen the company defend themselves against the harmful and discrediting news that exists. I personally think they should defend themselves a little more - they are between a rock and a hard place in many instances of service. I personally experienced visiting someone's home where the issues they were having with their connection was due to a tree root growing into the cable lines which had been their for over 20 years. Things like that cannot be diagnosed over a phone call. It's hard work in the field for sure. Being a part of the corporate side sometimes we're too disconnected from what's happening on the frontline. So I think the size of the organization comes with its complications, but again if you're a working professional looking for an exciting, robust and sexy career, you can comfortably have it here.

2. Comm Tech

Former Employee - Communications Technician in Westfield, MA
    Former Employee - Communications Technician in Westfield, MA

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits Every day is different

Cons

Sometimes feel forgotten Often add new work without proper training

3. Director of Sales

Former Employee - Sales Director in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Director in Denver, CO

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Excellent benefits, strong career path, excellent on the job trainng.

Cons

constant change, poor consumer rating.

5. Communications Technician

Current Employee - Communications Technician in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Communications Technician in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's a steady job with room for personal growth. The company has great benefits and good pay scale too. Overall, it is a steady paycheck.

Cons

Overtime whenever they feel it is necessary, even during the summer. They offer great vacation time off, but its hard to take your days consecutively.

Advice to Management

Open the door for employees with degrees to advance their careers easier. It takes a lot of work to go to school and work full-time, to be told that senior people may have a better shot at management jobs.

6. Sales

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Benifites, spiff perks, sales team

Cons

Growth opportunity, work life balance

7. Customer Account Executive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

I worked at Comcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a decent job... good benefits, reliable schedule and hours. Nothing mind-blowing.

Cons

If you're on the phones then you're ON THE PHONES... CONSTANTLY. But if you're fine with that it might be a solid job/career.

Advice to Management

Just stay all on the same page and make sure information gets down to the little people.

DSR ~ Direct Sales - Door To Door

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taunton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Taunton, MA

I worked at Comcast (More than 3 years)

Pros

Under the original structure of this Direct Sales Representative role, in 2009, the position was a dream, a pleasure, & an honor to be committed to. A secure base salary, aggressive commissions, & a wealth of benefits. At 100% to target, a DSR would earn $77k in their 1st year, out in the field. An absolute dream job, for the autonomous, self-directed, committed, ambitious & persuasive sales pro, who can sell value with integrity. Top performers would also receive recognition & oftentimes supplemental bonuses or awards, during quarterly regional "pep-rallies." Supervisory & colleague support, initially, was plentiful. As with all things business, desire for even healthier profit margins, invokes change; at a cost to an essential driving-force of business...the sales team.

Cons

Over time, after the DSR's role inception, in 2009, it was discovered by "Corporate", that several top performers, were making far too much money [$85k - $100k+]. Changes were made to the DSR's commission structure, clearly reducing earnings, at the same performance levels. The essence of a successful sales pro, is the ability to network. Networking was NOT permitted! Bitter jealousy towards, & the alienation of top performers, from the rest of the core teams, was rampant. Favoritism amongst Supervisors, became painfully abvious; bending the rules for some, & not for others. Proof of said favoritism was revealed, however, since the investigating team for business practice issues, was handled by an internal team, the proof was "swept under the rug", per se. Opportunities for advancement, were few & far between.

9. Billing specialist

Former Employee - Customer Account Executive in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Account Executive in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Comcast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I loved working at Comcast. For the most part, they cared about us as employees. They offered excellent perks and benefits

Cons

They became more stringent and were farming out jobs to India, Jamaica and the Philippines

Advice to Management

appreciate your employees and faithful customers...they are the lifeblood of any successful company. Duh

10. Comcast work hard play hard

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

The people we work with are great

Cons

More time is always great

11. Exciting Place to Work with High Turnover

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Voorhees, NJ
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Voorhees, NJ

I worked at Comcast full-time

Pros

Great benefits, free cable and internet is awesome, interesting to watch technology evolve, well informed trainers.

Cons

Inflexible hours, out of touch management, lack of communication between departments, technicians were very sexist towards women.

Advice to Management

Invest in your employees as much as you invest in acquisitions and new technology. I believe that would cut down on such a turnover rate.

Showing 3,066 of 3,149 reviews