Comcast Reviews

2,100 Reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,070 Ratings

Pros
  • Great co-workers and wonderful benefits (free cable and internet) (in 140 reviews)

• Benefits, Free cable/internet/phone (all the channels) - that's an immediate (in 318 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 130 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 39 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company that has brand recognition and a product that sells!

Former Employee - Business Account Executive I  in  Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Business Account Executive I in Miami, FL

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fortune 50 company, uncapped commissions when working Business to Business sales. The product has a clear advantage in internet speed and other features as unlimited long distance in US/Canada/Puerto Rico to go along with Cable TV offerings for businesses. Comcast is investing a lot of money and resources to expanding their network. You are given the tools and support to succeed.

Cons

Inclement weather can be demanding as well as the high level of activity needed to succeed. I witnessed a lack of ethics and integrity from colleagues in the sales field, as well as unethical behavior by the Inside Sales team located in Horshem, PA. Sometimes you felt, that all that the company cared about was adding more subscribers or customers at whatever the cost.

Provide mentors to new employees and or current ones....felt there was a leadership void. At one point there was some micro-managing taking place which is never a good thing.

Great Company to Work For

Former Employee - Advanced Technician II  in  Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Advanced Technician II in Livermore, CA

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent benefits, opportunities for growth or career change.

Cons

Stats that must be met in call centers. Only allowed 10 minutes to try and resolve issues that a customer may have, sometimes with all 3 products. Agents have to be more focused on their metrics then the customer. Didn't use to be like that several years ago but now it is all about metrics and sales. Extremely stressful . California shut down all Comcast call centers.

Good Company but very competitive market

Former Employee - Business Account Executive  in  Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Houston, TX

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great on-boarding for new hires
    Multicultural work place and merit based advancement opportunities
    Great chance to help small business owners and develop a network
    Base salary is decent but if you hit your quota you will make $75K easy...
    No cap on commission but it requires a lot of time and effort
    VERY flexible work hours as long as you are CONSISTENTLY closing sales

Cons

Most of the negatives are associated with "plant" which employees cannot control. The company must make it a priority to put more money into the older infrastructure to keep existing customers happy vs continuing to build out new areas just to obtain new accounts. Also, if you do not like following up with clients and using a CRM program that coincides with that, don't take this job because you will be held accountable daily. Finally, while Comcast has arguably the fastest internet, many other competitors in the market are closing the gap and since there are issues with reliability in certain areas, you will have to be the type of salesman who sales themselves well.

Plea with upper management to make necessary improvements to the existing infrastructure. Oh and fire ALL micro-managers...especially the ones who don't think they are!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good company to work for in the telecommunication industry

Current Employee - Advance Product Support
    Current Employee - Advance Product Support

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, and great overall benefits. Work-life balance is also great with great time-off packages

Cons

not easy to advance in management positions

Need to hire more younger employees and listen to employees ideas.

Good company to work for

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

They promote from within. They have different programs to help you succeed.

Cons

It feels like it's hard to move up in the call center versus the administration building.

comcast is the best company to work for, lots of encouragement for progress and developlment once you apply yourself.

Current Employee - Dispatcher  in  Berlin, CT
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Berlin, CT

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

it is a friendly environment and you feel like you are with family, the benefits provided are awesome and no other company can compare to it, apart from the free services the health benefits are great with options

Cons

i dont have any challenge, the company is goal oriented, so again once you apply yourself , you will go places

keep up the good work

Pro-employee

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL

I have been working at Comcast full-time for less than a year

Pros

This company takes care of their employees. Benefits are great. Salary is good and they guide you step by step to enhance your career.

Cons

You have to be ready and able to adapt on constantly changing policies and procedures.

Please don't stop your generous support to all your employees.

It's great, family oriented type environment, fast-paced and somewhat challenging

Current Employee - Human Resources Shared Services Representative I  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Human Resources Shared Services Representative I in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

This position provides a great opportunity for those who are looking to work in HR to gain experience quicker, consistently build upon your HR craft and exposure to all competencies that HR has to offer

Cons

It is a call center setting, so it is not a true HR environment because it is a consolidated HR operation. This is negative because there is lesser opportunity in the field because of the ESC centralized control over the HR functions

Allow more diversification to this role in terms of opening up field HR positions so it will give hope and direction to eventually growing out of the HR call center to being an HR professional in the field

Loyalty at Comcast is a one way street

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Perks of free and discounted services, merit increases and annual performance reviews, bonus for performing

Cons

Lost job because the region I worked in performed so well that members of the team we're let go to hire in other parts of the company. Company has gotten away from staying focused on the needs of the local market with decisions made by Philly.

Don't be so sneaky to your long term loyal employees. It will blow up on you at some point!

Lots of opportunity!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was excited to take this opportunity because for the first time I felt like a company actually cared about their employees. Given the size of Comcast, I did not think this level of commitment to employee development existed however, Comcast offers great career progression and offers tuition reimbursement so that if you want to move up, you have the resources to do so. Comcast conducts an employee survey every year and really takes the feedback to heart. In the time that I have been here, I have been asked to assist on two initiatives that were a result of employee feedback. To some, this may not seem like a lot, however given the size of the organization and how easy it would be for Comcast to say they are too big to address concerns, the fact that leadership truly values employee feedback and wants to make improvements and never stops improving, that to me says a lot about the dedication of the leadership team at every level. The other nice perk are the almost free services offered to employees. My household saves about $200 per month thanks to employee services and that is a nice pay increase.

Cons

The total compensation package is competitive however, the base pay/starting pay can be low. Salary can be made up through career progression however, the initial hourly wage can be a bit of a shock. Benefit offerings are good however, the waiting period for benefits to start seems a bit long to me. 401k match is offered, however it is 1.5% lower at Comcast than where I worked previously.

Continue to listen to the employees in the field. The field employees are invaluable and their insight and knowledge will only help Comcast to continue to improve and be the best provider of services on every level. Also consider evaluating base compensation, it seems to be low in the market, although the overall compensation is fair, base compensation is still critical to employees. Comcast is a great place to work and leadership clearly values employee feedback - I would like to see leadership do more around telling the employee stories of success and how employees make an impact every day to both internal and external customers.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!