Comcast Reviews

3.2
Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,565 Ratings

Pros
  • you get free cable and internet (in 172 reviews)

• Other than free cable that goes out constantly nothing else really appeals to me (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It's as if the only idea they could think of was to hire retail managers with experience in customer service (in 153 reviews)

• Work life balance is not important (in 46 reviews)

3,223 Employee Reviews

Tons of Opportunity, in your Hands

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Comcast has given me the opportunity to develop myself; take the time to grow and learn, and that was really important to me during the time in my life when I joined the company. If you have the drive and ambition, there are a ton of ways in which you can grow into a leader if that's what you want to be. I took advantage of the continued education benefit and am finishing my masters degree now... I also joined a couple of the employee resource groups which offer seminars and networking events that support your professional profile. Listen, I'm not a total nerd. The point of my post is that this isn't a company you join and just stay stale within. They encourage your growth, but it's up to you to make it happen. Not only this - it's pretty exciting. We're busy and we have big jobs to do. My salary is in the top percentile for my industry but not only this, I again get the continued education (which is ~$6K/year) plus free cable/internet, top health care benefits and a truly balanced lifestyle - which is rarely the case within the Tech industry.

Cons

Telling people you work at Comcast triggers 2 typical responses: 1) A big hatred rant on customer service 2) A how do I get my foot in the door? The reputation of the company is difficult, but the style of the company is to stay humble - I've never seen the company defend themselves against the harmful and discrediting news that exists. I personally think they should defend themselves a little more - they are between a rock and a hard place in many instances of service. I personally experienced visiting someone's home where the issues they were having with their connection was due to a tree root growing into the cable lines which had been their for over 20 years. Things like that cannot be diagnosed over a phone call. It's hard work in the field for sure. Being a part of the corporate side sometimes we're too disconnected from what's happening on the frontline. So I think the size of the organization comes with its complications, but again if you're a working professional looking for an exciting, robust and sexy career, you can comfortably have it here.

2. Truly a great place to work

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Seattle, WA

Pros

Tremendous opportunity for advancement if you apply yourself and take advantage of what is offered. I was laid off after almost 15 successful years of employment and many people think I should have a bad opinion of the company. Quite the opposite - I am working towards getting back on. i was in a few different leadership positions and enjoyed them all. Not an easy job, but fantastic leadership a true commitment to employee success and great benefits.

Cons

After 15 years i should have some negative feedback, but I don't. I can't imagine finding a better place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue to strive to consistently deliver an exceptional customer experience.

3. comcast

Pros

was a great company to work for, a lot of perks and benefits are great. upper management could use better direction though

Cons

everyone hates comcast so there is constant negative feedback from people around you however they have a great product to sell

Advice to Management

not a lot of advice except to listen to your front line employees as they are the ones wit the hands on experience which will help customers

5. Data Center Engineer

Current Employee - Data Center Engineer in Northlake, IL
    Current Employee - Data Center Engineer in Northlake, IL

I have been working at Comcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent company to work for, 401K and employee perks are a great benefit when you become an employee.

Cons

Peak times can be very busy and your days tend to go by quickly

6. Good Employer

Former Employee - CAE Tech Support (Help Desk) Bilingual Spanish/English in Panama City, FL

I worked at Comcast (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good salaries and benefits. Training, training and training always on new and up to date services. Taking care of employees and customers.

Cons

Once your out of the company. Very difficult to get back in. Still trying. I had good employment record with them. Not sure what you have to do to get rehired.

7. DSR

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Pros

Great Manager, good commission great work life balance

Cons

Payout turnaround and missed installs

Advice to Management

Make sure installs are done in a timely manner.

8. great place to work

I have been working at Comcast full-time

Pros

lots of growth options

Cons

must be in one position for at least a year

Advice to Management

Keep pushing for the best

9. great place to work

Current Employee - Retention Specialist in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Retention Specialist in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Comcast full-time

Pros

commission is great. base is decent. benefits are really good. people you work with are great and lots of opportunity to move around in the company

Cons

none none none I really dont have any cons other than communication can be bad at times. Management are all on different pages.

Advice to Management

One company one message, be more consistent , every manager shouldnt have a different way of doing things.

10. Direct Sales Representative

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hattiesburg, MS

Pros

Best Products, Best Prices, On time Pay

Cons

Poor Customer Service, Billing problems

Advice to Management

1. Please hire a better customer service leader

11. Great Company

Pros

A great work environment, all the departments worked together. Definitely a place I would recommend working for.

Cons

Lack of recognition for achievements

Showing 3,223 of 3,316 reviews