Comcast

2,526 Reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,286 Ratings

Pros
  • The ONLY pro to working at Comcast is the super cheap cable and Internet (in 172 reviews)

• You get free cable service and free internet service with reduced rates on equipment (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 153 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Former Employee - Access Coordinator/LO Tech in Halifax, MA
    Former Employee - Access Coordinator/LO Tech in Halifax, MA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, constant training support and smart, friendly and professional Co-workers

Cons

temporary position with no room for growth resulting in being laid off

It's the best customer service I've had with a cable and Internet provider

Former Contractor - Installation Technician in Sacramento, CA
    Former Contractor - Installation Technician in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Comcast as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Helpful honest and well maintained company that makes sure that customers are satisfied and get what they pay for regardless if they are wrong.

Cons

Nothing bad but need more fiber optic line in suburban areas. But other then that Internet speed is well maintained but does slow down after awhile.

Keep up the great work

Tons of Opportunity, in your Hands

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Comcast has given me the opportunity to develop myself; take the time to grow and learn, and that was really important to me during the time in my life when I joined the company. If you have the drive and ambition, there are a ton of ways in which you can grow into a leader if that's what you want to be. I took advantage of the continued education benefit and am finishing my masters degree now... I also joined a couple of the employee resource groups which offer seminars and networking events that support your professional profile. Listen, I'm not a total nerd. The point of my post is that this isn't a company you join and just stay stale within. They encourage your growth, but it's up to you to make it happen. Not only this - it's pretty exciting. We're busy and we have big jobs to do. My salary is in the top percentile for my industry but not only this, I again get the continued education (which is ~$6K/year) plus free cable/internet, top health care benefits and a truly balanced lifestyle - which is rarely the case within the Tech industry.

Cons

Telling people you work at Comcast triggers 2 typical responses: 1) A big hatred rant on customer service 2) A how do I get my foot in the door?

The reputation of the company is difficult, but the style of the company is to stay humble - I've never seen the company defend themselves against the harmful and discrediting news that exists. I personally think they should defend themselves a little more - they are between a rock and a hard place in many instances of service. I personally experienced visiting someone's home where the issues they were having with their connection was due to a tree root growing into the cable lines which had been their for over 20 years. Things like that cannot be diagnosed over a phone call. It's hard work in the field for sure. Being a part of the corporate side sometimes we're too disconnected from what's happening on the frontline. So I think the size of the organization comes with its complications, but again if you're a working professional looking for an exciting, robust and sexy career, you can comfortably have it here.

Awesome!

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Great work environment, flexibility, pay rate

Cons

None... Great place to work

Keep up the good work!

Review of time working at Comcast

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Fantastic vacation and health benefits. I find my salary very competitive to others. Won't find a better company to work for in Philadelphia. Work-life balance is good. Training abundant.

Cons

Can be hard to navigate the political landscape of such a big company. Sometimes find management doesn't have a grasp on day-to-day operations.

Be more involved with the intricacies of you team, big or small. More clarity on using systems.

As bad as company is with customer service is how good they are with employees

Current Employee - Intern in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Intern in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Actually diverse company, good work-life balance, accepting office culture

Cons

Bad reputation, hard to transition to full time employee

Great company to work for; Working hard to change image

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance
    Heavy focus on growing and enabling employees
    Empowered to deliver

Cons

Great empowerment and respect for the employees requires that one be focused to get things done in a timely fashion.

Be more focused and concise on the strategy and tactics of the company and how it directly relates to them. Ambiguity wastes time.

Start entry level and leave as Supervisor... opportunities are endless!!!

Former Employee - Customer Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Account Executive in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great training, Great people to work for, Atmosphere and environment was good, never a boring moment on the call center floor.. great deal of multitasking and you have to be quick to think and resolve the customers issues

Cons

The wages should be higher for the high volume of calls. The technicians and the account executives should be able to contact one another to keep the communication between the customer very clear and understandable.

Train your fellow employees well. This will encourage your employees to become better leaders than followers.

Great place to work .

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

a lot of perks. 401k match, free cable, great people. huge work place - room for growing.

Cons

none. this is a great place to wkr.

Customer Account Executive 2 (IP)

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Receiving constant training to improve on job requirements and job skills. Making sure each employee understands and has knowledge of company, job requirements and expectations.

Cons

Challenges are opportunities to learn a new way of dealing with unexpected situations.

Making sure employees understand Comcast vision and vision statement.