Comcast Reviews

2,115 Reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,075 Ratings

Pros
  • The ONLY pro to working at Comcast is the super cheap cable and Internet (in 157 reviews)

• You get free cable service and free internet service with reduced rates on equipment (in 341 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 145 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 42 reviews)

More Highlights

It was the worst job I have ever had

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits were very good,..once they kicked in.

Cons

Lack of training, lack of knowledge between managers, and different segments of company.Lack of belief in employees, lack of trust, lack of faith, lack of opportunity but the most important item, lack of customer service (everyone hates you - Comcast that is! .I could go on but the company isn't worth my time.

Change everything.

Working for Comcast is like being told to jump 10 feet high in a room with 5 ft ceilings.

Former Employee - CAE III  in  Horsham, PA
    Former Employee - CAE III in Horsham, PA

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Quarterly bonuses when targets for the building were met.
    Opportunity to grow in company,
    60 day paid training.

Cons

Most of the company has no idea what SOP is. You are constantly finding customer who have had to call repeatedly to get a different answer every time. Reps and sales force are both under extreme pressure to meet their quotas/scores they sacrifice the customer experience.

Stop focusing on how nice a rep is, or how well a CAE can sell and instead focus on their ability to fix problems. Less than 10% of the floor knows how to follow simple directions to do simple tasks in ACSR. Stop making new (crappy) applications that dont run well because you just shoved TTS/some billing/FAQ into one application.

Horrible Processes, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd level management need improvement

Current Employee - Business Account Executive  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Miami, FL

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than a year

Pros

Experience, if you are new to an industry this is a good place to get tough skin and learn some new experiences. This is a good place for you to learn exactly what you don't want from an employer. Selling for this company is a joke on many levels scams and false processes at every turn. They change employees and managers like a hotel changes sheets. If you make it past 6 months you are a veteran in Sales!!!

Cons

Worst processes I have ever seen, actually they are basically non-existent. Management will tell you something and next week completely contradict that and tell you that you need to produce. Bad management at all levels, misleading tactics, horrible customer service, high turnover.

Stop encouraging internal conflict, your employees suffer, your customers suffer and clearly you don't care. Stop telling your new recruits that you are training them to succeed when in reality you are sending them to a gun fight completely unarmed. Don't tell your employees to reach out to you when you know that you can not do anything or at-least that is the excuse. Set some real processes in place that will help your people be successful. Hire management that has moral and ethical standards and give them a voice. Cant reiterate process improvement enough!!!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Don't work here

Former Employee - Call Center Representative  in  Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People you work with are the only pro

Cons

This company is the typical evil corporation. They tell call center reps to try to upsell on every call....calls that are coming from customers that are calling about bills too high, incorrect billing amounts and service that is shoddy, not working or incorrect from their order installation. They tell reps to avoid sending a technician at all costs. The reality is, a call center rep is to just slow down the customer anger and get them to buy more.

Some upper executive officer in Comcast should stand up to this "shareholder profit only" focus and make a real change. Comcast says their name and philosophy is about change. Well make that real. Don't worry so much about the cost of repair of your plant; stop using shoddy third party install vendors; let the customer service reps honestly service customers without pushing sales or worrying about call time or trouble call stats. Separate sales from front line and have sales only do the selling. Comcast will fail even if you're allowed to merge with Time Warner if you don't make drastic changes.

Current Employee - Business Account Executive  in  Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Business Account Executive in Houston, TX

I have been working at Comcast full-time for less than a year

Pros

My experience has not been so great. They are micro-managers that do not respect others. I was not pleased the treatment I was given

Cons

Treat employees with more respect and get better results

Comcast.

Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative  in  Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits. Horrible office culture. Back-stabbing good ol boy system.

Cons

Had a sales manager that never sold anything. HORRIBLE customer service. HORRIBLE leadership.

I wish I hadn't wasted my years there

Former Employee - Installer
    Former Employee - Installer

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The best reason is the free good. They love to feed you.

Cons

Difficult managers. Prejudice supervisors. They hire their friends and let them do what they want

Don't bother

Awesome chaotic - Worst company to work for

Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Big company and good revenues.
    - Nice headquarters.

Cons

- Poor quality of workforce.
    - Heights of inequality on all grounds. (Equal opportunity and open door policies are just for papers)
    - Very un-professional.
    - Laid back.

Get rid of all the junk workforce and identify the right talent. Stop pretending and start competing.

horrible place to work

Former Employee - CAE  in  Phila, PA
    Former Employee - CAE in Phila, PA

I worked at Comcast full-time for less than a year

Pros

They offer a comprehesive benefits package.

Cons

As a CAE it is one of the worst jobs.They consistently harass you about keeping your phone calls short,but also want you to sell services,even when your tech support. When you try to spend more time helping the customer they complain about the time.When you get your time down,they start complaining that your not spending enough time helping the customers and selling services.

If you want to keep your tech support reps,you need to have competent supervisors and managers.

The worst

I worked at Comcast full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are no Pros. The worst

Cons

Kind of like a concentration camp but they give you something loosely resembling a paycheck.

Worked for Comcast? Contribute to the Community!