Comcast

2,515 Reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,281 Ratings

Pros
  • The ONLY pro to working at Comcast is the super cheap cable and Internet (in 172 reviews)

• You get free cable service and free internet service with reduced rates on equipment (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 153 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work

Former Employee - Access Coordinator/LO Tech in Halifax, MA
    Former Employee - Access Coordinator/LO Tech in Halifax, MA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, constant training support and smart, friendly and professional Co-workers

Cons

temporary position with no room for growth resulting in being laid off

It's the best customer service I've had with a cable and Internet provider

Former Contractor - Installation Technician in Sacramento, CA
    Former Contractor - Installation Technician in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Comcast as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Helpful honest and well maintained company that makes sure that customers are satisfied and get what they pay for regardless if they are wrong.

Cons

Nothing bad but need more fiber optic line in suburban areas. But other then that Internet speed is well maintained but does slow down after awhile.

Keep up the great work

Tons of Opportunity, in your Hands

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Comcast has given me the opportunity to develop myself; take the time to grow and learn, and that was really important to me during the time in my life when I joined the company. If you have the drive and ambition, there are a ton of ways in which you can grow into a leader if that's what you want to be. I took advantage of the continued education benefit and am finishing my masters degree now... I also joined a couple of the employee resource groups which offer seminars and networking events that support your professional profile. Listen, I'm not a total nerd. The point of my post is that this isn't a company you join and just stay stale within. They encourage your growth, but it's up to you to make it happen. Not only this - it's pretty exciting. We're busy and we have big jobs to do. My salary is in the top percentile for my industry but not only this, I again get the continued education (which is ~$6K/year) plus free cable/internet, top health care benefits and a truly balanced lifestyle - which is rarely the case within the Tech industry.

Cons

Telling people you work at Comcast triggers 2 typical responses: 1) A big hatred rant on customer service 2) A how do I get my foot in the door?

The reputation of the company is difficult, but the style of the company is to stay humble - I've never seen the company defend themselves against the harmful and discrediting news that exists. I personally think they should defend themselves a little more - they are between a rock and a hard place in many instances of service. I personally experienced visiting someone's home where the issues they were having with their connection was due to a tree root growing into the cable lines which had been their for over 20 years. Things like that cannot be diagnosed over a phone call. It's hard work in the field for sure. Being a part of the corporate side sometimes we're too disconnected from what's happening on the frontline. So I think the size of the organization comes with its complications, but again if you're a working professional looking for an exciting, robust and sexy career, you can comfortably have it here.

Collections

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, no weekends, great benefits, easy to make lateral moves, excellent benefits package, especially tuition reimbursement

Cons

low pay, morale, inconsistency, lack of training, difficult call matrix, abuse from customers, no organization

stop favoritism, lack of knowledge, increase morale and budget

If social media, customers & employees know customer service and billing is bad thats a problem.

Current Employee - Customer Retention Agent in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Retention Agent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Always partying to keep agents motivated, 401k matched 100% benefits are excellent but you do pay a substantial amount out of pocket. Human resources help with counseling very helpful.

Cons

Front line Sale, Outside sales & retention employees are rude, mislead customers and slam them for more commission on their paycheck. Techs don't show up for appointments and may not be fully trained. Outsourced employees who speak very bad english don't really know what their doing.

Get rid of rude employees and hire true customer service agents who value customers.

Good company with great benefits

Current Employee - Business Operations Manager
    Current Employee - Business Operations Manager

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Free internet, tv and phone after paying for the equipment. Good time off. Great health benefits.

Cons

Corp industry. Too many chiefs and upper level positions that could be better structured locally.

Good Company, High Stress, Great Benefits

Former Employee - CAE in Saint Paul, MN
    Former Employee - CAE in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Bonuses, reasonable health premiums, very nice coworkers, free parking

Cons

High stress in dealing with public and being able to meet your quotas.

Review of time working at Comcast

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Fantastic vacation and health benefits. I find my salary very competitive to others. Won't find a better company to work for in Philadelphia. Work-life balance is good. Training abundant.

Cons

Can be hard to navigate the political landscape of such a big company. Sometimes find management doesn't have a grasp on day-to-day operations.

Be more involved with the intricacies of you team, big or small. More clarity on using systems.

Great perks but very disorganized company

Former Contractor - Network Engineer in Chamblee, GA
    Former Contractor - Network Engineer in Chamblee, GA

I worked at Comcast as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Great service perks
    Training opportunities while they last
    Specialization available from training can be a mixed bag as it is easily to go down a one way streer

Cons

Need to really reorganize the entire company as things are run so inefficiently it is amazing that anything gets done. Teams either operate on their own with virtually no supervision resulting in nothing getting done as these teams try to stay under the radar or in other teams there are too many hands in the basket making it impossible to anything done through sheer bureaucratic weight.

Clean house and get streamline much of the unneeded bureaucracy which will result in the entire company will running much smoother and much happier employees who will have a clear path to get things done.

I enjoyed working here as a billing rep, but things changed too fast, too often, and without proper notification.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This is a great place to work if you have a sales mentality, no matter what department you are employed in, it will eventually all boil down to sales.

Cons

It's a pretty wide revolving door, and although they do a lot for employees, no job is safe. They will practically start all over if management says so.

If you ever decide you want to stop the revolving door, consider going union in your other locations, where an employee has a fighting chance. In locations without a union, your employees must agree to be terminated without a cause. What kind of employee relationship do you expect to build like that?