Comcast

2,333 Reviews

Comcast Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts
Brian L. Roberts
1,192 Ratings

Pros
  • The ONLY pro to working at Comcast is the super cheap cable and Internet (in 172 reviews)

• You get free cable service and free internet service with reduced rates on equipment (in 356 reviews)

Cons
  • It is very apparent why Comcast is consistently in the bottom of customer service (in 153 reviews)

• The nature of the business makes it hard for work-life balance to be created (in 46 reviews)

More Highlights

Great experience throughout while the positions lasted

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good family atmosphere, challenging work

Cons

never-ending reorganizations and job eliminations. There were re-org's every year!

Give some stability to employees

Good company

Current Employee - Service Manager in Stone Mountain, GA
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Stone Mountain, GA

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Good opportunity for advancement internally

Cons

Work life balance is off

Treat people like people

It had been good until i had a concern. And they weren't understanding at all

Former Employee - Comm Tech III in Peachtree City, GA
    Former Employee - Comm Tech III in Peachtree City, GA

I worked at Comcast full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Working by myself and meeting people

Cons

The supervisor caused lots of stress daily

You should get to know your employee and respect family

Business Development Sales: Great Training, but terrible managers.

Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Business Account Executive in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Great Training in Philadelphia (No real training after Philadelphia) , Good Benefits. Salary base is descent, commission structure not real and made up of weird matrix.
    Salary base is 40K at interview they say sale commission average is another 60K (Big Lie).... Total average comp is $60K per year. Most newbies 80% are invited to leave on or before 4th month. 90% gone by 6th months and 95% gone by year end. Every month 10 new reps start to replace the outgoing 9.5 reps.
    Learn from their training, push sales and head hunters will be calling you for real 100K+ jobs almost daily after you've been there a year.
    They will hire practically anyone with a pulse, able to talk and that can pass a urine test. They don't mind the expense training100 to get 1 that is a right fit......
    If you have a good career now, Don't leave it to work here. Imagine trying to get a good position after having worked for only 4 to 6 months or less than a year before you start applying again at other places. Your Done and untouchable.

Cons

Commissions paid out after 4 months. All good leads and territories fed to older reps. Older Reps know how to work system and lock up leads from Sales Force before prospect is ever approached.
    Sales mostly require construction build out. sales are cancelled after 3 months no install. Older Reps have access to see cancelled orders for construction and then they lock them up. It's pretty cut throat.
    Turnover is extraordinary. Churn and burn the new reps is the policy. Managers get canned faster than new sales reps. I had 4 managers in 1 year. All ex sales people that know nothing about managing.
    As a manager if you are not inputting the numbers for your micro management of your sales people. you are in 3 hour meetings twice a day responding to why your reports are an hour over due. Also explain the metrics that make no sense. Pie in the Sky forecasting where you bid on how much better you can do than the other managers. Setting impossible expectations yourself and others...
    MICRO MANAGEMENT and 2 conference (PEP) calls per day to shame publicly the people that didn't make their daily quota. Most people lie just to appease the manager and to avoid the public shame (beat Down) if you were off the numbers.
    Many managers push better deals to favored older reps as gimme's.
    Your sales completely depend on construction. Selling is easy, getting an install is impossible.

There is only one real manager in Sunrise who is always on the edge of losing his position. All the rest are number pushers kissing up to the director like little puppies begging for affection and approval.
    I like the company. But, Sunrise Fl. office is churn and burn on sales people. Walk Away.

great company but by the book

Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Great Falls, MT
    Current Employee - Call Center Representative in Great Falls, MT

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than an year)

Pros

great company, ok salary, great location, absolutely by the book, you get trained and you do your thing, great work-life balance

Cons

very square minded supervisors, company culture is very strict, career development is kind of difficult since the structure is pretty flat.

make the working environment more enjoyable, the workload is big so they have to make it bearable

Opportunity to advance

Current Employee - Ats Supervisor in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Ats Supervisor in Houston, TX

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

I had lots of opportunity to advance my position. If the opportunity is there take it.

Cons

Low salary
    Constant change in policy , and procedures, doesn't allow employees to master their skills.

Pay your front line leaders and employees well.

Everything I could ask for, and more...

I have been working at Comcast

Pros

Great pay, excellent benefits, truely a company devoted to it's people!

Cons

Not much of a con (this is actually a good thing to be very honest), but I would have to say the amount of time it takes before some of the better positions become available. That being said, it speaks volumes for simple fact that why would anyone want to leave such a position for there to even be one available?

Management can just keep doing what they're doing... I personally have no issues with the way things are ran where I'm at.

I wouldn't advise trying to build your way from the bottom

Current Employee - CommOps II in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - CommOps II in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Comcast full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have built strong friendships while working at Comcast. Benefits are good including discounted phone, cable and internet service.

Cons

There are not may ways to advance in the company. Most position at least in my market make you feel like you are a crab in a barrel. The communication in the company isn't good, there have been plenty of times products or services have been launched and no one in the department knew about it until it was brought up by a customer. There is never a clear path to try to fix solutions, a lot of the time it is up to the employees to discover problems, solve them, and communicate the solution with colleges.

Treat people like you want to be treated, don't hold your good employees back from other positions. Also if an employee brings a problem to you the least you could do is actually listen.

I wouldn't work for this company ever again

Current Employee - Retention Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Retention Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Comcast full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good base pay, good work environment

Cons

Requires non stop computer work, abusive customers

Set down rules for customers so workers don't have to take abuse

Has potential.

I worked at Comcast

Pros

Commission, Vacation days, incentives,free lunch

Cons

Lack of communication through departments. Makes the business run un organized. Which creates a hostile work environment with customers. Metrics are insanely unattainable which will drive you into a anxiety attack!

Stress to corporate on not using third party vendors which only irrate customers
     more! also, make sure every department knows basic knowledge of rules procedures.